Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I can't do Robert Redford really outside of The Natural and The Great Gatsby... like Spy Game was a good viewing but I'll never choose to watch it outside of fragments when it's already on TV. It sort of felt emotionless somehow even though the movie's baseline is that he cared about the character Pitt played so much that he did the exact opposite thing his career as a spy developed him to do and the exact opposite of the thing he told Pitt specifically he'd do if he ever got in that jam... stoic and expressionless even as cool as that one-man pulling of the strings rescue job was through the red tape.

Last edited:
I can't do Robert Redford really outside of The Natural and The Great Gatsby... like Spy Game was a good viewing but I'll never choose to watch it outside of fragments when it's already on TV. It sort of felt emotionless somehow even though the movie's baseline is that he cared about the character Pitt played so much that he did the exact opposite thing his career as a spy developed him to do and the exact opposite of the thing he told Pitt specifically he'd do if he ever got in that jam... stoic and expressionless even as cool as that one-man pulling of the strings rescue job was through the red tape.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid???

I'll admit, Redford started to lose me when he spent his entire life savings to get this man out of that Chinese prison :lol: Like there's helping somebody out and there's doing too much, especially for someone who basically told you to **** off the last time you saw him.

So I banged out the Night Manager series last night. It was cool but I didn't leave it thinking it was great.

Really good acting by Laurie and Hiddleston played his character well. The story and plot twists were by the #s. Overall story took me back to what I loved about the gun runners and illegal weapon dealers shows and movies like Lord of War :pimp:

My main problem was Pine. They had to stretch a lot for some of the things he did and it's never really explained. I get the main motivation and drive that has him doing this; simp falls in love with a middle eastern ***** who crosses her super powerful sugar daddy and gets killed by the powerful man at the top for what she's done and partly for what he did that may have her caused her death. Then he wants revenge but has no resources so he just gets another job nowhere in Sweden being a depressed lame. Then he meets Roper there and feels he's got another chance to get revenge by linking up with British gov. lady.

After that they start stretching. Is this dude Pine some sort of sociopath with previous training we don't know about or are all night managers trained, in this high level of con artistry? Or did he learn that during his tours in Iraq? Like nothing about dude makes me believe he's really about this life :lol: I mean killing is one thing But dude killed 2 ppl in cold blood, stole 300 mil (possibly 600 mil) and just dips after putting Roper in the worst kind of bind and for some reason those dude's completely ignore Pine.

X Men getting bad reviews? I'm avoiding their thread because it might be a tornado there.

I had/have high hopes for that portion of Marvel from my childhood with comics and the show on FOX Saturday morning

X Men getting bad reviews? I'm avoiding their thread because it might be a tornado there.

I had/have high hopes for that portion of Marvel from my childhood with comics and the show on FOX Saturday morning

Just checked on IMDB and the critic reviews, with a few exceptions, are generally unfavourable. The user reviews are much more positive, however.

Just checked on IMDB and the critic reviews, with a few exceptions, are generally unfavourable. The user reviews are much more positive, however.

I expect it to be a fun entertaining movie if you like the characters. Not expecting it to be close to Civil War though

All of the X-Men movies have been trash tho.

Don't know why people thought this one would be any different.

Fox has no idea what to do with that franchise. They haven't come close to capturing the feel and appeal of the comic series.

Watched the tnt preview for their new show Animal Kingdom. Show is kind of like a turned up Point Break but with weird and very creepy incestuous vibes. Ellen Barkin is in it showing off her nice mammaries in bikini tops and tight shirts. Her grandson is in a worse situation now living with them than before.

Honest first class is the best xmen movie to me (not including deadpool).. I just wish they legit hit the reset button with that film

The story wouldn't change much, still heavily being about Magneto and Charles (still set back in the day).. But you go with the real deal first xmen members (cyclops, Jean, beast, Angel and iceman)

And then you do the juggernaut step brother story from Charles' childhood.. And not the garbage with Raven/mystique

Extremely disappointing with the product we are getting given the level of talent they got

Last edited:
I expect it to be a fun entertaining movie if you like the characters. Not expecting it to be close to Civil War though

That's what I'm thinking. Go in with moderate expectations and look for a solid popcorn movie with a lot of action, and I think it will be enjoyable. That's how I'm going to approach it.

Intern was a good feel good movie that I would recommend 6.7/8
Speaking of De Niro, anyone catch Dirty Grandpa? Is it mindlessly funny or painful to sit through/not even worth the watch?
It was painful for me to watch and the jokes seem very forced, his grandson is a idiot and just was not feeling the humor.

Watched 30 minutes 

Last edited:
Maybe de niro wanted to work with aubrey plaza bae. Tht's the only reason I can think of.

Maybe de niro wanted to work with aubrey plaza bae. Tht's the only reason I can think of.

531726664-robert-de-niro-and-ana-de-armas-attend-the-gettyimages.jpg

Ana de Armas tho :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom