Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

this article is fricken rad. viggo is way radder than i ever suspected. was married to the singer from one of my favorite bands from back in the day.
Mortensen was married once, to the punk-rock singer Exene Cervenka
He turned all of it down, choosing instead to do what he wanted to do, little of which was lucrative. "I mean, how much ******* money do you need?" he asks.
(Mortensen doesn't go in much for trappings. He has a flip phone!)

and one of my favorite gifs

I just realized I still haven't seen Eastern Promises... gotta fix that. Viggo looked menacing as hell.
eek.gif

A History of Violence is an underrated movie. I mean, everyone I know who has seen it acknowledges it's really good, but I feel like it should get talked about more.

A History of Violence is an underrated movie. I mean, everyone I know who has seen it acknowledges it's really good, but I feel like it should get talked about more.

I strongly DISAGREE.

Movie was a whole lot of build up to VERY LITTLE ACTION.
Extremely underwhelming 3rd act.

I remember going to the movies and was extremely disappointed.
Watched again a few years ago when it was on HBO GO or netflix, was not better on 2nd watch.

A History of Violence is probably the only time my opinion changed about a movie in a negative way. 1st time I watched it, it blew me away. I thought it was VERY well done.

Watched it again recently and I thought it was a terrible movie. Unbelievable, terrible dialogue, rediculous special effects, poorly acted, the list goes on.

It's one thing for a movie to be kind of a mindless action flick a lá John wick, there's certainly nothing wrong with that, I LOVE those movies. But history of violence tried to be something more and failed hard in my opinion. Just my two cents. Ps, I still watch it every time it's on haha

A History of Violence is probably the only time my opinion changed about a movie in a negative way. 1st time I watched it, it blew me away. I thought it was VERY well done.

Watched it again recently and I thought it was a terrible movie. Unbelievable, terrible dialogue, rediculous special effects, poorly acted, the list goes on.

It's one thing for a movie to be kind of a mindless action flick a lá John wick, there's certainly nothing wrong with that, I LOVE those movies. But history of violence tried to be something more and failed hard in my opinion. Just my two cents. Ps, I still watch it every time it's on haha

I kind of hear what you're saying about the acting. I think Viggo and Maria Bello were great, but some of the other performances were, um, interesting. I felt like William Hurt was way overacting, but I don't consider it as a negative. I find it amusing. Kind of like John Voight in Anaconda. The two thugs that Viggo took out in the beginning were also gave pretty bad, but somewhat comical, acting performances. "I. SAID. COFFAYYYY!!!!!"

I will confess that its been a while since I watched AHOV, so I'll have to check it again and see if my opinion has changed.

I was going to rewatch Avatar or The Force Awakens tonight but then I remembered the Raptors game was on. I want my two hours back.

.....what movie to watch, idk

dat dere michael mann touch made LA look much cooler than it really is :lol:
my cousin was an extra in that club scene near the end. don't think he actually has visible screentime though.

Mann fell off after Collateral

I watch The Insider sometimes to remind myself of his former greatness

Man this is Deja Vu, I feel like I've made this post before.

Conjuring 2?

I feel like I have seen this movie already.

Like all the scary movies seem the same and have the same name or whatever, or something.

Actually kind of frustrated right now.

Scary Movies man, ugghhhh

40 is a dif perspective for each individul depending on their home nation. Culturally old in some places depending on your age, but that's a weightless triumph and a know-all part of being in the 18-22 age range, supreme wisdom. . . But hopefully most in that range don't just old shame for sport :lol:

The CP treatment was only because he was one of the firsts if not the to be identified as older dunno how :lol: Had someone else been first it would've been that person then forced to tolerate the same persistent fades and then reemergence :lol: Not personal

Last edited:
collateral 7/8

jamie foxx was great

tom cruse was very charming as the bad guy

the score is masterful

Saw this on Netflix the other day and watched..

Was surprised how good it was

I watched it back whenever, but it didn't really stand out.. Probably because of my age

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks Captain America: Civil War is not a good movie?

Felt like 80% of the movie was just uninspired static dialogue scenes.

Then all of those obnoxious location switches and flashbacks, indicative of poor storytelling....it was a chore for me to sit through.

The fighting scenes were dope but that didn't outweigh the terrible pacing and cinematography for me.

Then all of those obnoxious location switches and flashbacks, indicative of poor storytelling....it was a chore for me to sit through.

The fighting scenes were dope but that didn't outweigh the terrible pacing and cinematography for me.

To keep it brief, I didn't really enjoy it.

Just finished watching the Spy Game on Netflix and i'm fairly surprised i've never heard of this film before. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

I loved it but not everything is for everyone. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom