Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

‘The Dark Tower’: First Look at Idris Elba’s Gunslinger Revealed

I guess FOX is bringing back old shows that already have fanbases because they need ratings?

Last edited:
honestly batman v superman...not that bad. i was fine with it. acting was on point

im in for prison break regardless. that and lost got me into the binge game lol

I guess FOX is bringing back old shows that already have fanbases because they need ratings?
Seems like the new wave that's not working for these networks with not a lot of examples. They bringing back 24 too.

The truth is fans just want well written, entertaining, quality shows.

24 makes sense tho. As a concept, it can keep going. Prison Break? not really
Bruh you can break out of prisons forever :lol:

Only difference is PB is sticking with their same cast while 24 has finally moved on to a new cast and lead from Jack when that last special in London I guess didn't do huge #s and Keifer said he was done.

Last edited:
24 makes sense tho. As a concept, it can keep going. Prison Break? not really
Bruh you can break out of prisons forever :lol:

Only difference is PB is sticking with their samecast while 24 has finally moved on to a new cast and lead from Jack when that last special in London I guess didn't do huge #s and Keifer said he was done.

You right, if they was to switch things up I'd watch Prison Break but they can't do that for too long. If done properly, 24 could go on for years like a 10 year run.

3 seasons of PB was enough for me.

Last edited:
Captain America: Civil War - 6.8/8

About to start watching episode 1 from the first season of Vikings.

Body. Is. Ready.
Hope you love the show as much as I did. Very easy to get hooked.

Post your feedback as you watch. Curious to see which character(s) you gravitate to.
Received a notification regarding your post half way through the first episode & was like, "Ok, Rollo seems like he's gonna be my dude :pimp:"

Then I saw he was nothing more than a two-bit, dirty mackin' som ***** :smh:

Last edited:
Seems like the new wave that's not working for these networks with not a lot of examples. They bringing back 24 too.

The truth is fans just want well written, entertaining, quality shows.

It's basically this + making movies into shows. I think Fox picked up an Exorcist and a Lethal Weapon show (and someone else picked up a Training Day one).

My opinion is out on movies turned in to TV shows. It's nothing new. Sometimes it works, sometimes it epically fails.

I am not watching that Rush Hour trash after giving an ep a try. To me you do a TV version you better have a funny black guy and a Chinese dude with that fighter swag.

They're lacking both.

I'm prepared to :smh: to see who they get to play Zel's role. CBS has The Good Wife series finale and cancels Person of Interest and starts tripping on the hr long shows they're giving a shot.

My whole thing is they're are so many middle of the road movies they can make in to great shows if they just gave a better effort and got the right show runner and writing team. So many of these network shows give off this feel like they do the bare minimum in trying when they make these shows and if it's high ratings let's keep it at this low effort and if no results just cancel and try some other crap

Bill Paxton is playing the Denzel role. I guess they flipped the races.

For the movies-turned-shows, seems like they're on a more uninspired track than usual. Take some random movie, turn it into another genetic week-by-week CSI.

I thought Person of Interest and The Grinder were two high-quality shows for network TV and they're getting replaced with this :smh:

NBC has a show from the Parks & Rec creator starring Kristen Bell that looks promising though

Speaking of all these classic comedies with sequels, apparently Super Troopers 2 comes out next year. I'm getting hyped.

Yep. I contributed to the crowd funding campaign, so I get production updates. They're working on it, but shooting is going very slowly. They take a lot of breaks. I think they were originally hoping for a 2016 release. I hope they really do get it done in 2017.

Sorry if already posted

'Trainspotting 2' Is Officially On Its Way

It’s been 20 years since Trainspotting—the film adaptation of Irvine Welsh’s seminal novel—was released, making the careers of Ewan McGregor and Danny Boyle in the process. Now, production has begun on the long-awaited sequel, titled T2, featuring the original film’s principal cast and crew. Take a look at the teaser above and let us know if you’re excited for the sequel in the comments below.

http://hypebeast.com/2016/5/trainspotting-2-teaser

^ Damon Wayans is cool, but these movie-to-TV rehashes are ehh.

This looks a bit better than the Rush Hour show though.

The entire series aired like a month or 2 ago in England.

I've been sitting on all 6 eps until somebody in here reminded me of it. Think it was Noskey? JPZ? :nerd:

The Night Manager was insanely good. Great ending. Great characters. Great casting. Great story.
Suspenseful, intriguing, passionate, pretty, melodic. A well told tale from all angles.

IMDB rankings were spot on. What a new way to tell a story that been told time and time again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom