Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^^^those are tv to movie. i think he was asking the other way around - successful movie to tv show.
Oh yeah I read that wrong, thought he was asking about the opposite.

And for that I can't think of any that started solely as movies first.

I can take it back and I guess bring up M.A.S.H. :lol:

On a slightly related note, they should make a movie out of Night Rider

Last edited:
I don't watch anything on Network tv.
Can't deal with the lighting.
Can't deal with the set(s).
Can't deal with the Music that plays constantly.
Can't deal with any of it.
Not one show on Networktv, that I can set through and remain in a good mood.

I don't watch anything on Network tv.
Can't deal with the lighting.
Can't deal with the set(s).
Can't deal with the Music that plays constantly.
Can't deal with any of it.
Not one show on Networktv, that I can set through and remain in a good mood.

100%

And the acting, for the most part, isn't close to what you get in cable shows. Hasn't been a scripted network drama that has held my interest for more than 5 minutes since Lost ended.

There are/were some decent network comedies in recent years like the Office and Parks and Rec, but for the most part I find Network sit-coms lame and completely unfunny.

Yeah, it's crazy how almost all the best shows are not on network tv. Networks will always have popular serialized detective, cop, and medical shows but those get so boring to watch.

man gerard butler needs to give matthew mcconaughey or his agent a call and get his career together..

just watched the double toasted on London has fallen, then the gods of Egypt one.. no clue what was the last movie of his I've watched, especially in theaters

Star Trek isn't a rehash. It was always a television series first.

One of the longest running ones at that.

It took a long time to come back to television.

Sort of looking forward to it..
I'm aware.

I figured that was by design and by choice.

I remember the last series that had Scott Bakula as the captain. Tried to capture that feeling well enough but the writing had nothing new about it, nothing innovative or unique. It was becoming just any other show. No iconic or even fan fav characters, etc.

Then whoever owns it was like we can't just sit on this amazing franchise so they decided to revamp and reboot exclusively with movies that weren't spinning off the show.

Besides it's not like the tv show is being spun off from the movies or even set in that universe.
man gerard butler needs to give matthew mcconaughey or his agent a call and get his career together..

just watched the double toasted on London has fallen, then the gods of Egypt one.. no clue what was the last movie of his I've watched, especially in theaters
Feels like after 300 his career took a turn for the worse (can't remember if that came out after the movie with Jamie Foxx where he's getting revenge on the justice system).

I use to think Gerard had Russell Crowe potential. Like he could get every role a younger more in shape Crowe would get.

Last edited:
the Jaime foxx movie came out after, that was the last movie of his I've actually paid to see..

I saw the love story one with ole girl from knocked up, but not in theaters.. saw the first one to London is fallen on netlfix

cant think of any post 300 movies.. think I saw gamer

rocknrolla, obviously.. just remembered that one

Last edited:
Law Abiding Citizen with Butler/Foxx was a good film.

Butler is just collecting checks at this point.

Star Trek isn't a rehash. It was always a television series first.

One of the longest running ones at that.

It took a long time to come back to television.

Sort of looking forward to it..
I'm aware.

I remember the last series that had Scott Bakula as the captain. Tried to capture that feeling well enough but the writing had nothing new about it, nothing innovative or unique. It was becoming just any other show. No iconic or even fan fav characters, etc.

Then whoever owns it was like we can't just sit on this amazing franchise so they decided to revamp and reboot exclusively with movies that weren't spinning of the show.

Besides it's not like the tv show is being spun off from the movies or even set in that universe.

Feels like after 300 his career took a turn for the worse (can't remember if that came out after the movie with Jamie Foxx where he's getting revenge on the justice system).

I use to think Gerard had Russell Crowe potential. Like he could get every role a younger more in shape Crowe would get.

I mean his career wasn't ANYTHING before 300. Dude is probably the most overrated actor out there right now. What are his top 5 movies? 300, Rock n Rolla, Olympus Has Fallen, Law Abiding Citizen, Gamer?? I really don't understand how people even know his name actually.

I'm aware.

Then whoever owns it was like we can't just sit on this amazing franchise so they decided to revamp and reboot exclusively with movies that weren't spinning of the show.

True that's why I'm intrigued to see if they can recapture the essence from previous Trek shows...

I really enjoyed watching the og star trek show. Then I started watching the first few seasons of Enterprise. It was pretty good but I lost interest in finishing it. I then started watching the movies on netflix then would check out random eps of the next generation.

I see they have a Warcraft movie coming.

Thank God they didn't get Zoe Saldana to play the crayon colored goddess in this one.

Transcendence started out cool, but then somewhere before the middle of the Movie all I could think was 'I'd rather be watching Lawnmower Man or Virtuosity'

finished season 3 on game of thrones

:wow: :x :smh: |I

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Back
Top Bottom