Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It's entertaining. The women are beautiful. It's rare for a show to be about a character in the middle east if it's not a spy show like Homeland so I like the different aesthetics shown and environment.

Anyone watch tyrant?

Thinking about starting
Good show. You'll be frustrated with a few things like at times characters and who they focus on but the story overall is pretty good. The strongest acting comes from one of the brothers. I'll wait for you to tell me who.

1st season is better than S2 but S2 is a lot of the fallout of S1.

I'm wondering where they go with S3 the way S2 ended.

Damn Tyrant's still going on? I was mad excited for it when the trailers were releasing and watched the first few episodes, but completely lost track when I became busy with other things. And now it's about to have a season 3?! :wow: Gonna have to check it out asap.

i guess it wasn't that expensive then. theater was reserved seating and reclining seats. 3D tickets were $17 each. my wife and i both had a hot dog each with fancy toppings and shared an onion rings and a water so our meal wasn't really that fancy. we do spend more than $60 for dinner at the plain ol' cheesecake factory so it was a nice change. best meal we had was kobe steak lunch in japan for her birthday and that was over $300 so i shouldn't gripe about $60. maybe i'm getting grumpy in my old age.

forgot to post that i give civil war a solid 7/8.

Eating a legit Kobe steak is still one of my goals

*edit

Found one here in NY

25 dollars per ounce, minimum of 3 oz

You've got to be ******* me

Oh well. Will still eat, for my birthday

Last edited:
Cast Manu Bennett / Crixus.
I'll say again, Bennett would have made the perfect Rollo for 'Vikings.'

Just saw this on Twitter and don't know what it's about, but I might see it just because I don't think I would have expected to see all those actors in the same movie. Eclectic cast.
'Long Halftime Walk' is based on Ben Fountain's novel. Explores heroism and disenchantment with the American military. Shows the soldier lifestyle and the challenge of re-acclimating into society.

Ang Lee took a gamble on the lead. Joe Alwyn is relatively unknown and a newcomer, yet he's playing Billy Lynn.

*edit

Found one here in NY

Hopefully not trying to derail the thread with another steak talk but since Kobe beef is from Kobe Japan directly (allegedly) you can't really call it Kobe beef primarily based on the lifespan of meat being transported all the way to NYC or something? I mean you can find it but don't you have to be "closer" to Japan?

That's in the same sense that champagne can only be called "champagne" because it comes from champagne France. All brands of it are in that city and that city only.

Random thoughts

It really is cool to see Donnie Yen in a major movie like that. Him flourishing in Asia all these years maybe helped him out. Last time I saw him have screen time in an American movie was Blade 2.
Gotta appeal to the Chinese audience too.

Chinese box office #s are a big portion of total sales + Chinese investors fund some studios/movies.

Last edited:
I've heard from several different actors now in random, separate interviews that the scheduling of future projects is becoming like a sentence and that "they used to be able to plan out the __ x months they'd take a vacation" and now it's not "like that anymore."

I wonder if movie studios are feeling the turning economy and the future notices of coming alterations to outdated standards just like in the rest of the business world.

Several actors have complained with regards to that as of late, with the quantity of these very-alike sentiments making it hard to not notice if you're hearing it / wonder if that'll spark less work per year or more work per year. More work in TV possibly.

I hate hearing that. It sounds like Asian people will watch a movie if they see an Asian person in it no matter what role they have. Usually they give them minor roles like a scientist or doctor.

*edit

Found one here in NY

Hopefully not trying to derail the thread with another steak talk but since Kobe beef is from Kobe Japan directly (allegedly) you can't really call it Kobe beef primarily based on the lifespan of meat being transported all the way to NYC or something? I mean you can find it but don't you have to be "closer" to Japan?

That's in the same sense that champagne can only be called "champagne" because it comes from champagne France. All brands of it are in that city and that city only.

Random thoughts

From what I know, most of the stuff sold in the US and marketed as Kobe beef isn't really Kobe beef (not imported from Japan)

Apparently this one is. And to my knowledge the only place in NY that sells Kobe beef (will do more research). And no wonder why. Super expensive to import and it's literally an expensive sell. 25 an oz :x

I hate hearing that. It sounds like Asian people will watch a movie if they see an Asian person in it no matter what role they have. Usually they give them minor roles like a scientist or doctor.
It's an unfortunate, but now common occurrence. Chinese investor money is way too long and American studios are businesses, so they'll do whatever it takes to bring in $$$.

On the other hand, Donnie Yen seems to have a nice part in Rogue One, but I wouldn't attribute his getting this role to only appealing to Chinese audiences. He's a good actor in his own right and one of the biggest stars in Chinese cinema.

Last edited:
I've heard from several different actors now in random, separate interviews that the scheduling of future projects is becoming like a sentence and that "they used to be able to plan out the __ x months they'd take a vacation" and now it's not "like that anymore."

I wonder if movie studios are feeling the turning economy and the future notices of coming alterations to outdated standards just like in the rest of the business world.

Several actors have complained with regards to that as of late, with the quantity of these very-alike sentiments making it hard to not notice if you're hearing it / wonder if that'll spark less work per year or more work per year. More work in TV possibly.

No disrespect but I've read this three times and not sure what you're trying to say lol

You're mentioning that actors are adjusting to change but what's the change

Finally caught Civil War today.

Was anticipating this movie for years and it did not disappoint.
pimp.gif

The action sequences were epic.

Love the introduction of T'Challa, Spider Man and Ant Man.

Lawd Marisa Tomei.
devil.gif

Easily the GOAT Aunt May.

Now to catch up on the 234884494584555 unread posts after I unsubscribed from the Marvel Thread.
laugh.gif

Finally caught Civil War today.

Was anticipating this movie for years and it did not disappoint. :pimp:

The action sequences were epic.

Love the introduction of T'Challa, Spider Man and Ant Man.

Lawd Marisa Tomei. :evil:

Easily the GOAT Aunt May.

Now to catch up on the 234884494584555 unread posts after I unsubscribed from the Marvel Thread. :lol:

It's really just nonstop trash talking between Cap and IM fans. :lol: Haven't missed anything

Random thoughts
From what I know, most of the stuff sold in the US and marketed as Kobe beef isn't really Kobe beef (not imported from Japan)

Apparently this one is. And to my knowledge the only place in NY that sells Kobe beef (will do more research). And no wonder why. Super expensive to import and it's literally an expensive sell. 25 an oz
sick.gif
Well NY is NY so I'm sure they would have more steakhouses that have Kobe. some day man.... some day

Z for Zachariah was well acted. Story left me wanting more cohesion or something deeper though. That ending was expected but it's like dude didn't think of it until he slipped the 2nd time and the locked eyes.

The Stanford Prison Experiment is LIT!

Watching Dateline and always find it frustrating that families of the prime suspect say my family member would never do that. They conveniently ignore the outstanding evidence and how it's not possible to know someone 100%. They can't separate their emotions at all.

I remember the Boston marathon bombers' parents kept saying there was no way their sons were responsible while they were out in the streets with guns.

This bish murdered the fiancé of her ex bf. Made fake taped call recordings of him confessing. Said he raped her in her backyard at 3 am and said they would find the knife he threatened her with in his garbage can. Rape kit showed there was no evidence or dna and his neighbors said a car drove by and threw something in his garbage can which ended up being a knife. Her fam says it's all one big conspiracy and the evidence is legit. After all that nonsense the D.A. still wants to offer her a deal and says if she pleads guilty she'll only get 12 years.

Watched Eddie The Eagle..It's pretty much Cool Runnings, but with ski jumping instead of bobsledding..Fun little movie to watch..

Few things:

-Everytime I see the commercial for The Girlfriend Experience I wished I would have watched it slower instead of burning through it in one weekend.

-The other day I noticed AntMan was in a New Avenger gif so I knew he was in the Movie. I just watched rewatched AntMan and at the end they decide to finish the Female suit for Hope. Is she in it?

-Had a hard time getting through Peaky Blinders s3 ep 1 so I need to rewatch, all I could think about the whole watch was rewatching Wentworth s3 ep1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom