Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Just saw this on Twitter and don't know what it's about, but I might see it just because I don't think I would have expected to see all those actors in the same movie. Eclectic cast.
Lost me at Kristen Stewart.

No look pass.

So in for Rogue One, though :pimp:

Last edited:
Wow reading that I was already in but now I'm going for release day, I usually wait till the weekend or so after. Rogue :smokin

Just saw this on Twitter and don't know what it's about, but I might see it just because I don't think I would have expected to see all those actors in the same movie. Eclectic cast.

Ang's my guy but this looks like the usual Oscar bait

Agreed.. glad to see her getting her big leading role like this.

Newest Every Frame a Painting released today.. it's been mentioned before but it's a great resource in learning more about filmmaking and analysis.

Vimeo posted too in case the Youtube one gets pulled.

The best film channel :pimp:

Lost me at Kristen Stewart.

No look pass.

LOL. I'm not really interested in that movie either. Just never expected to see her, Vin Diesel, Chris Tucker and Steve Martin all in the same movie. Random as hell to me for some reason.

CP, what's the deal with Rogue One? If you've written already on it, please link me. Thanks.

Rogue One is the first “anthology” film in the Star Wars universe. It’s set right before A New Hope (the film that started it all) and it is the story of how the rebels got the Death Star plans that Leia puts into R2-D2. “Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you’re our only hope….”

So in terms of timeline, we’re talkin Prime Vader era, possibly Boba Fett, etc. The Empire at its strongest, before the Rebel Alliance had Luke or Han on their side.

I’ve said it a couple times on here before, but even as thrilled as I was for Episode 7, Rogue One has always been my most anticipated of the new era Star Wars films. Because I’ve said forever and ever and ever, spinoffs can, and should happen in this universe. We don’t always need to be focused on the Skywalker family, and Rogue One is going to be the first of that belief. Next will be the Han Solo spin off, and I suspect shortly after that, we’re going to see a Fett spin off someday. Then, who knows? Bane era, Old Republic, Jedi/Sith War, Thrawn? :nerd: Endless possibilities.

Rogue has a chance to blow people away in terms of not having to follow any path laid out by George other than the plans eventually need to reach Leia to synch up with what we already know, outside that, they can do anything they want. Seeing At-At’s on the beach, more Chrome Stormtroopers, hero’s not named Skywalker, Forest Whitaker whoopin ***, all new territory, but still in the Star Wars playground.

I don’t think it will make the money that TFA did, but it could be more critically acclaimed so to speak since expectations are so unknown. It can also open the door for new characters to emerge that can eventually spin off into their own parts of the galaxy in time. Something I’m counting on, actually.

And as maybe just a small bonus, we might get a chance at seeing Vader unleash, and that, even if for a scene or two, could be something totally epic.

is vader in it :nerd:

From the stuff I've heard/read, likely. :wink:

vader byke :nthat:

It really is cool to see Donnie Yen in a major movie like that. Him flourishing in Asia all these years maybe helped him out. Last time I saw him have screen time in an American movie was Blade 2.

Terminator is on one of my movie channels. Classic in my eyes. Having only seen T2 as well how much out of the loop am I with all the other movies and TV show(I think)? Are they good, bad? Worth watching and which ones? One came out recently in theatres right?

Terminator is on one of my movie channels. Classic in my eyes. Having only seen T2 as well how much out of the loop am I with all the other movies and TV show(I think)? Are they good, bad? Worth watching and which ones? One came out recently in theatres right?

Haven't seen Genysis, the latest one, but T3 and Salvation (with Bale) are both pretty forgettable IMO. I don't think you're missing much by not having seen them.

Bunch of TV shows got cancelled over the last couple days. Only one I'm actually disappointed by is the Muppets. I thought it was very funny and clever. I'll post the full list later.

Back
Top Bottom