Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Damn, they canceled a lot:

Castle

Muppets

Nashville

The Family

CSI Cyber

The Grinder

Grandfathered

I don't watch Nashville but love me some Hayden P. and I was shocked to see the show cancelled. Just assumed all the country ppl were watching that show.

It was a particularly bloody cancellation spree this year, especially with Fox and ABC.

I never watched the Muppets.. I was hoping to binge and catch up but mixed reviews didn't inspire a lot of excitement. I loved the premise of a modern Muppets, but the early complaints were they were far too cynical than what the Muppets should be.

The struggle for network tv is so real. I think right now I only follow 4 hour long shows and 2 comedies. The rest are from cable, premium channels, netflix, and stuff I stream from somewhere else.

I don't watch Nashville but love me some Hayden P. and I was shocked to see the show cancelled. Just assumed all the country ppl were watching that show.

Well, at least we still have the Carl's Jr./Hardee's commercials ...

Wentworth is back. 

Peaky Blinders is back

pimp.gif

saw civil war tonight. fancy theater. fancy food. date night with the wife. tickets and food came out to a little over $60 :wow:

it was worth it though because my wife and i had a great time. movie was great - better than any previous avenger movie imo. acting was surprisingly good. actually didn't like martin freeman in his role and i absolutely hated the stan lee cameo. i really enjoyed spiderman and thought that this iteration was better than all previous ones. it was fantastic in 3D, especially the action scenes. i tell you what else looked amazing was the 3D trailer for dr strange. never really liked him in the comics but they might pull off a sleeper with that movie. sherlock khan is a great actor too.

Put on ep 1 of Season 3 of Peaky Blinders and it said "Two Years Later"
Had to go back and watch the S2 finale first 2 refresh, man I forgot how ill it just got!

Last edited:
Terminator is on one of my movie channels. Classic in my eyes. Having only seen T2 as well how much out of the loop am I with all the other movies and TV show(I think)? Are they good, bad? Worth watching and which ones? One came out recently in theatres right?

The good thing about Terminator as a franchise I suppose is that the films are all connected, with the overarching plot of Skynet sending Terminators back to kill this or that character, but the films can still easily be watched on their own for the most part (Same for the television show), primarily due to the different timelines. Naturally, watching all of them will give you information you wouldn't have otherwise, especially in terms of all the time travelling going on. But you could watch Terminator Salvation (4) and have never seen T3 and you'd be just fine. In turn, i'd say you could watch Genisys without ever having seen any other film except the first one and be ok. Personally I didn't see the first film until a few years after i'd seen the second.

That being said, Genisys is trash, easily the worst in the franchise.

For The Sarah Connor Chronicles you could start off by watching Terminator 2 before it, since technically that show follows the end of that film, and the show itself was decent. Shame it never finished because of the cancellation. I'd say the show and the first four films are all worth a watch at least once though.

Last edited:
I think of the first two separately.. The 3rd is aiiright

The first two are absolute classics.. And they fit how I think time travel movies should be, essentially 'the time machine' rules

saw civil war tonight. fancy theater. fancy food. date night with the wife. tickets and food came out to a little over $60 :wow:

fancy food + movie tix would for under 100 is a steal

Also the Accountant looks really good. Punisher, Batman, and JJ in the same flick? I'm in

I mentioned a while back I would update my spreadsheets for upcoming schedules of franchises and CBM's, etc.

Doing my homework, I stumbled on a Beverly Hills Cop 4, scheduled for this year????? No way. They don't have a chance to get that actually made, right?
laugh.gif
Is this for release tracking purposes or are these what you plan to see?

Both, kinda.

Mostly tracking what's coming, but I'll likely see most if not all of em. Unless something really bombs.

it was worth it though because my wife and i had a great time. movie was great - better than any previous avenger movie imo. acting was surprisingly good. actually didn't like martin freeman in his role and i absolutely hated the stan lee cameo. i really enjoyed spiderman and thought that this iteration was better than all previous ones. it was fantastic in 3D, especially the action scenes. i tell you what else looked amazing was the 3D trailer for dr strange. never really liked him in the comics but they might pull off a sleeper with that movie. sherlock khan is a great actor too.

Lol damn b. A little over 60 is a steal. Eating out alone without the movie can cost me more than that.

I think of the first two separately.. The 3rd is aiiright

The first two are absolute classics.. And they fit how I think time travel movies should be, essentially 'the time machine' rules

The work around to this is what I know Marvel comics use to implement and that rule was you can never change the past of your timeline. All you can do is change the past and create and alternate timeline branching off from when you changed things where w/e you wanted to happen or not happen is the status quo of that timeline.

Cable grows up in a horrible future thousands of years ahead of the present he was born where Apocalypse makes the world war torn. He time travels back to the timeline he was born in, much older, and stops Apocalypse at key moments to prevent the future he grew up in so that timeline won't end up there but the timeline he grew up in still exists and still sucks.

Bishop grew up in a pretty ****** future that's only like 20 or 30 years ahead where mutants use to be rounded up in interment camps and tagged and have only recently been freed but neutered. This timeline no longer has X-Men cuz of some traitor that caused their destruction. He travels back in time to stop/kill the traitor. He thinks it's several X-Men (Gambit, Xavier, etc.) and it gets to the point even he can be seen as the traitor cuz he wants to prevent something else that happens in his time (involving a mutant killing a bunch of ppl). Don't matter either way cuz his timeline still exists, he just created one where his doesn't happen and the future is unknown again.

Work around to that is doomlocks but that leads to tropes like whatever you changed in the past was suppose to happen and you can't really change key events cuz they have to happen i.e. universal constants.

I liked the first season of Tyrant, i honestly thought it was going to get canceled because i never really saw too much talk about it and the review sites were killing it. I was shocked when it got renewed, i didn't even watch season 2...and i just saw it's getting a third season. Might have to get back into it.

Back
Top Bottom