Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yeah yall nasty.

:rofl:

Exactly what my face looked like when I read "yall nasty"

I love both franchises, but F&F is better by far.

Amazing that F8 is coming, and MI6 isn't far behind. Both make me so happy.

I really liked Wayword Pines. It had faults and probably if you search for plot holes you can find them. Or rather leaps of judgement. But all in all i enjoyed the binge watch. Liked the ending also even though it could have been handled better and can give the apperence of being done just so we can see a second season. I don't think the book ending woukd have pleased everyone. I like this ending better from what i have read.

It follows was good but not incredible. I think triangle and cabin in the woods are better. Still it's a nice watch. The acting, mood, music, pace were all well above average.

There's gonna be a F&F8?!

Geeeezuus!!!

And an MI:6?

"This mission... is IMPOSSIBLE. But not impossible like the previously impossible missions. Those were obviously possible. You all saw the movies. But this... THIS... is MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE. Go see it. But pay money. Don't pirate it or sneak in the theater."

There's gonna be a F&F8?!

Geeeezuus!!!

And an MI:6?

"This mission... is IMPOSSIBLE. But not impossible like the previously impossible missions. Those were obviously possible. You all saw the movies. But this... THIS... is MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE. Go see it. But pay money. Don't pirate it or sneak in the theater."
yeah this mission is going to be even more impossible . this fast and furious is going to be even more faster and more furious. meh. 

im not fond of either of those franchises at all. 

Last edited:
MI was cool, nothing stellar. Villain was ok but barely had screen time to really develop into something menacing and a lot of the non action scenes tended to drag out. Action scenes were top notch but I felt like they tried to go the new James Bond route outside of those like nawtyhare said in the movie's thread.

Has Renner been anything less than sub par since Hurt Locker? Dude went from being one of my favorites after that to being someone i don't check for at all.

Last edited:
Renner is the epitome of had a spark when you started but now you just garbage.

Son is usually forgettable or average in roles now. I gave him chances with Bourne but he's clearly not a leading man and he's barely a character actor. Seems he'll just be one of those guys in things.

I think it's a waste he's in so many high profile movie franchises though. He should just be stuck typecast for roles like his in The Town.

Alec Baldwin, Ving Raymes and Jeremy Renner were all unnecessary points of focus in this movie - cut the fat and just focus in on Ethan Hunt, Benji, and Ilsa. The scenes Ving and Renner had together was mostly paying homage to a guy who's been a part of the MI franchise since the beginning (Ving) and a guy who was the supposed next torchbearer of the MI franchise before Cruise decided he wanted to stay on for more (Renner) --> both factors make Rogue Nation as a standalone film worse.

Thought the villain was executed well though.

Renner's two best performances to date are The Town and SWAT (the latter doesn't get talked about enough when his performances are brought up).

Last edited:
renner is always solid in his movies

not superstar status like they tried to make him out to be but he fits in well as supporting characters like hawkeye and whatever his name is in the MI movies

IMO the MI movies work better as a team movie rather than just centered around tom 

Renner just seems like he's playing the same dude that's in a different situation when he's not doing some **** like Town/HL.

Hurt Locker was his peak though and it's not close IMO.

Na his best performance was definitely The Hurt Locker.

I thought he was great in the last one-third of the movie. Other than that I'm very indifferent on the performance and the movie (for example, I kept running into things that took me out of the movie - e.g. he would never be able to leave the base like he did and return like he did as if it was common. That would never, ever happen).

Interesting thing about SWAT is that he and Colin Farrell were the main characters, and both should have had much better careers in the 12 years since that movie came out in 2003 I want to say. I've heard great things about five of his notable movies to preface/put a disclaimer out, none of which I've seen: Crazy Heart, The Recruit, The Way Back, In Bruges, and Seven Psychopaths. Miami Vice was extremely underwhelming and a bore. Pride and Glory sucked (check the budget on that though, don't get it there has to be a backstory). Thought Malick's The New World didn't give Farrell a lot to work with, but thought he was decent in it.

I haven't seen those five films and maybe the experience of seeing them would alter my tone or opinion entirely, but doesn't it feel like Farrell may possess a lot more range than what has been showcased? I think we've finally begun to peal some of that back with his most recent work, Ray in True Detective Season 2 (where he's the only character Nic Pizzolato has fleshed out, and my inclination is that that has more to do with Farrell than any sort of foundation laid down by Pizzolato).

Last edited:
Alec Baldwin, Ving Raymes and Jeremy Renner were all unnecessary points of focus in this movie - cut the fat and just focus in on Ethan Hunt, Benji, and Ilsa. The scenes Ving and Renner had together was mostly paying homage to a guy who's been a part of the MI franchise since the beginning (Ving) and a guy who was the supposed next torchbearer of the MI franchise before Cruise decided he wanted to stay on for more (Renner) --> both factors make Rogue Nation as a standalone film worse.

Thought the villain was executed well though.

Renner's two best performances to date are The Town and SWAT (the latter doesn't get talked about enough when his performances are brought up).
:rofl: :wow: They were seriously considering Renner take over from Cruise?!!!? Madness. They were looking at the end face to face if they were serious.

Ving is understandable.

He's almost the M of MI being the elder statesman that aids Hunt. Should've had way more scenes in Ghost Protocol instead of a cameo.

He was good in SWAT but to me it's The Town and Hurt Locker. EDIT - I don't even want to get in to how Colin's career has kind of floundered.
I had no idea that was Tilda Swinton in Trainwreck 
How? :lol:

She is great at becoming other characters though so I can kinda see her fooling ppl cuz you're expecting one thing and she gives you something else (along with costumes and make-up).
this interview made me a renner fan 
Dude seems fun and cool especially when I see him in interviews with the Avengers cast

But to me his comments about Hawkeye better describe his career:

I’m happy to be the ensemble. I’m not scratching or clawing to do a solo movie by any means. I think [Hawkeye]’s a utility guy that can bounce around into other people’s universes a little bit, especially like Cap 3.
If you replace Hawkeye with "I'm" that's basically his career.

Last edited:
Renner stepping in for Cruise is hysterical.

But, does beg the question.....when MI6 is done, and Cruise is 53-54-55, who does take over the franchise? And does that character become Ethan Hunt, or a new operative and just continue on?

Also, Colin's work in Minority Report was really good.

Simon Pegg will take over and bring in Nick Frost. It'll be like an amped up Hot Fuzz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom