Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

MI rouge nation 6.6/8

great action

good humor

decent spy plot

villain left a bit to be desired 

the female lead stole the show

16 candles 6.5/8

good blend of humor and emotional moments

a lot of the movie would not be politically correct in todays world 
laugh.gif

jake might have pulled the biggest simp move in the history of all movies 

MI rouge nation 6.6/8

great action

good humor

decent spy plot

Pretty much my feelings. I did like the villain though; he wasn't as physically menacing as others, but his manipulation and scheming were top class.

The Revenant trailer in IMAX > anything else tonight. God I can't wait for that film.

Swingers has a good soundtrack. I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention the soundtrack to the 1980 Flash Gordon movie, written by the band Queen. Goes perfectly with the epic campiness of the rest of the flick.

Most of Cameron Crowe's movies are good in that respect. Same with Wes Anderson. Even they're lesser films still have good music - for the most part.
have yet to bump swingers but I assume swing revival , jazz , ska etc
if so :pimp:

The Goonies is playing on vh1. Would be cool if they did a reunion special. Always had a thing for the redhead, Kerry Green.

The Goonies is playing on vh1. Would be cool if they did a reunion special. Always had a thing for the redhead, Kerry Green.

As did I, but I did some research recently and, sadly, her best days are definitely behind her. :frown:

Most of the kids went on to have pretty solid careers - Josh Brolin, Sean Astin, Martha Plimpton are all still working actors, with Brolin being the biggest star. The dude who played Chunk is an entertainment lawyer now. Not sure what Data is up to these days. And then there's Corey Feldman.

The Fratelli Bros both still pop up in stuff regularly too.

Also, RIP to Mama Fratelli (Anne Ramsay) and Sloth (John Matuzak).

Yea man, I'm not trying to marry the bird but....I'm definitely going back for seconds, maybe fourteenths, too,if it's good.
I'm definitely not passing on feeling that, yall are snobs, I'm Smashing, IDC IDC IDC
do you bruh.
. I've smashed worst.

As did I, but I did some research recently and, sadly, her best days are definitely behind her. :frown:

She peaked early. I'll blame her being in the Lucas movie with charlie sheen for her diminishing looks. He probably fed on her youthful energy.

Finished up Jurassic World , movie was magical .

My bruh Chris Pratt is an American Hero .
replay value is pretty weak tho , unless we have company over that has a kid I doubt I'm gonna be running it back .

Last edited:
If you like 80s/90s alt rock, Grosse Pointe Blank has an awesome soundtrack.

Actually, I amend that to Amazing. One of the best collections of songs in a movie period. Clash, Specials, English Beat, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Grand Master Flash. All classic songs.

Last edited:

MI rouge nation 6.6/8

great action

good humor

decent spy plot

Pretty much my feelings. I did like the villain though; he wasn't as physically menacing as others, but his manipulation and scheming were top class.

The Revenant trailer in IMAX > anything else tonight. God I can't wait for that film.
i liked the villain a lot in terms of that the actor was able to do with him

just felt that the plot point of how he was always one step ahead was a little too much tell and not enough show

loved that it was a mind game rather than being the same as recent spy movies which is more cat and mouse 

Back
Top Bottom