OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

I was satisfied with the 2011 WCs but I found the padding on the '07 3s to be much more comfortable. Those are some of the most comfortable Jordans I've ever owned. I could walk for miles in them without my feet hurting.

Last edited:
The thing is if they were going to use the red lining like the OG then they should've rolled the leather edges at the tip/top of the tongue, like the OG. If that makes sense. Red lining looks kinda awkward as is IMO. The fact is they haven't rolled the edges of the tongue since the OG. I'm sure I'll get used to it (the visible red lining) though.

now you are getting to the root of it...
the tongues should be like the og regardless of the color on the back
but they've been doing it differently for a while, not just on the 3 :\

I think the blue liner looks cleaner but I can live with red. They need to get the true blue right though. I hope all of these pictures are fakes or bad lighting.

Nike Air + red tongue liner = amazing.

People have been clamoring to have these mirror the OG for years, why the sudden pushback?

I'm going to reserve judgement on any other aspects of the sneaker until I see an AUTHENTIC pair.

i think its a misunderstanding
see dhtowng's post & my response
I agree with both of you as far as the leather wrapping over the top of the tongue, the OG 88s had a much cleaner/premium look.  

I'm more surprised at seeing people prefer the blue over the red in general.

We went through almost 15 years of Gentry-esque modifications to some of the most beloved colorways.

This is as close to the OG that we've seen since 1988!

For the first time in a very long time, Nike is finally starting to correct crucial changes that were made the originals. 

We went through almost 15 years of Gentry-esque modifications to some of the most beloved colorways.

This is as close to the OG that we've seen since 1988!

For the first time in a very long time, Nike is finally starting to correct crucial changes that were made the originals. 

an i agree with this

The 4 OG 3's had red tongue lining. I'm not understanding the problem considering that these are remastered....

Im still on the fence with the red tongue liner but damn i just hope they're comfortable with soft leather. the 2011 pairs always felt like they weren't build correctly and had my dogs barking after a couple hours. I hope its like this Metallic V release as far as availability goes.

Give me the blue liner, you couldn't see the red on the og anyways. Normally it's og shapes/colors overall but these + Aj4s I prefer the 99-2001 versions.
Will cop either way though.

Couldn't care less about the liner. Wasn't able to cop any of the previous TB3 retros, so I'm just happy to have another shot at them.

Anyone buying 2-3 pairs? also, do you guys think these will be as easy to cop as the 5's or cements?

I love the red sockliner, it makes the shoe pop a lot more. We really don't need another blue liner version so soon. Also, the elephant print should be slightly darker if i remember correctly. Or maybe the pics ive seen of OGs just had dirty elephant print

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom