OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

people literally said the exact same thing about the 5s who chi have been one of the most popular 5s
Honestly those black 5s dont have the hype and popularity like the TB3s.  Just my opinion but i think many will agree.  The 3's silhouette is also, IMO, better and more popular as well.

I wouldn't waste time evn entertaining the "sit" thought.....regardless of what model/color sat prior to these......

just got lucky and just sold a double of the jumpman air true blue 3's from 2011 this afternoon for $300

hope to get 2 pairs of these nike air 3's

Wow people still paying that for the 2011! Got a vnds pair in Feb for 150. Personally, see these selling like the bm5s. Even though it's a 3. At least round way, og 5s are always hyped more than any 3 besides black/white cements. I grabbed my fr3s the Sunday after release and that was 2013. Only pairs that you could get a day after release during that time was fr3s, Olympic 6s and obsidian 12s... where I'm at of course, guess we'll see come November

Aw ok, you can switch to mobile should be on the bottom of the screen.

Was jus curious on the size because I was watching a pair of TB's on the Bay for size 9.
I apologize, I recommend that you just purchase the 2016 version rather than an older version.

I doubt these will fly on the first day. None of the Nike air retros sold out the first day and the cement 4s were more recognizable and popular than the TB3s. These will certainly be had by any who wants

I doubt these will fly on the first day. None of the Nike air retros sold out the first day and the cement 4s were more recognizable and popular than the TB3s. These will certainly be had by any who wants

Plus MJ never wore them, at least when they first released, so there isn't that historical hook like some of the other NA releases. This will probably be along the lines of the maroon VI and black metallic V release in terms of ease.

I hope so but TBs have always been popular. 3s are very popular and the BF release will bring people out. I don't think this is a shoe most sneaker heads will pass on. It's just too fresh, NA or not. We can probably expect the same behavior as last year but with Space Jams releasing shortly after we don't know what kind of impact that will have. That is if production levels remain where they are.

Space Jams have the potential to bring back all the craziness we saw when the Concords came back out in 2011. We still have not seen official shots. Just wait until those come out!

We'll have a better idea after the 1s drop. That could really start the hype machine back up big time.

I hope so but TBs have always been popular. 3s are very popular and the BF release will bring people out. I don't think this is a shoe most sneaker heads will pass on. It's just too fresh, NA or not. We can probably expect the same behavior as last year but with Space Jams releasing shortly after we don't know what kind of impact that will have. That is if production levels remain where they are.

Space Jams have the potential to bring back all the craziness we saw when the Concords came back out in 2011. We still have not seen official shots. Just wait until those come out!

We'll have a better idea after the 1s drop. That could really start the hype machine back up big time.
bred 1s release will be the only crazy releases because it's the only release that may releases limited unlike most retros since fall 2014. Space Jams will be hyped but not crazy. The 2009 release wasnt that crazy and this years pair isn't liked by many.

Yes 3s have been popular but there is still a hierarchy among all Jordan's. WC and BC are liked the most by far

What size was it??

Size 9

Wow people still paying that for the 2011! Got a vnds pair in Feb for 150. Personally, see these selling like the bm5s. Even though it's a 3. At least round way, og 5s are always hyped more than any 3 besides black/white cements. I grabbed my fr3s the Sunday after release and that was 2013. Only pairs that you could get a day after release during that time was fr3s, Olympic 6s and obsidian 12s... where I'm at of course, guess we'll see come November

Yep size 9

I moved that shoe quickly was a little shocked
Also Knew it was time to sell it

Smaller sizes for some reason are few and far between and if you get a serious enough buyer there is still money to be made

Last edited:
bred 1s release will be the only crazy releases because it's the only release that may releases limited unlike most retros since fall 2014. Space Jams will be hyped but not crazy. The 2009 release wasnt that crazy and this years pair isn't liked by many.

Yes 3s have been popular but there is still a hierarchy among all Jordan's. WC and BC are liked the most by far

The hierarchy is true but don't underestimate the appeal of a clean white/blue colorway. This shoe has lots of casual appeal. Many people who might not like Jordans in general, would probably really like these. The first time I saw this shoe in '01 it immediately grabbed my attention. If anything the $220 price tag will be the main deterrent along with whatever adidas is preparing for around that time. At $125, $150 or even $175 they would definitely fly off the shelves. A major part for the way Jordans sold last December had a lot to do with the interest in multiple yeezys. They also dropped too much heat at higher prices within a short time. Aqua 8s, Maroon 6s, 72-10s and Chrome 8s. Not everyone can pick all of them up when they're all over $200 with tax in the majority of the country. That's nearly $900 in NYC for 4 pairs. That's not chump change. For people with kids and those buying multiples either for themselves and their shorty, it gets out of reach really quick. Before people would drop the cash expecting to profit from reselling some pairs, in some cases even having a second pair pay for the first, but that's no longer the case.

Size 9

Yep size 9

I moved that shoe quickly was a little shocked
Also Knew it was time to sell it

Smaller sizes for some reason are few and far between and if you get a serious enough buyer there is still money to be made

glad for that. its the most common size though . reason why resellers buy as many as possible

The hierarchy is true but don't underestimate the appeal of a clean white/blue colorway. This shoe has lots of casual appeal. Many people who might not like Jordans in general, would probably really like these. The first time I saw this shoe in '01 it immediately grabbed my attention. If anything the $220 price tag will be the main deterrent along with whatever adidas is preparing for around that time. At $125, $150 or even $175 they would definitely fly off the shelves. A major part for the way Jordans sold last December had a lot to do with the interest in multiple yeezys. They also dropped too much heat at higher prices within a short time. Aqua 8s, Maroon 6s, 72-10s and Chrome 8s. Not everyone can pick all of them up when they're all over $200 with tax in the majority of the country. That's nearly $900 in NYC for 4 pairs. That's not chump change. For people with kids and those buying multiples either for themselves and their shorty, it gets out of reach really quick. Before people would drop the cash expecting to profit from reselling some pairs, in some cases even having a second pair pay for the first, but that's no longer the case.

All this. The 2001's did very well during their time. The 2009 was an international release. As a result, the 2011's sat longer because some already had the 2009's without drastic changes to the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom