OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Yup @xbiker47, I won't accept it any other way. Modernized butchered shape, and all. The Best Jordan model, colorway, and my favorite of all time.

Even the OG 4's had the best look, and shape... I wish they'd make em just like the 99's. Just fix the cheap netting those had, and replace it with the 2016's WC 4 style netting. Man, I'd cop like 8-10 pairs and be done with JB. Fa real.
keep in mind, that I'm 41, so I was in 6th/7th grade when they dropped. Those were the shoes that launched Jordan's into the stratosphere. We all had to have those, and most of us got the black, since it was so hard to keep the whites clean. Basically, the all star game and dunk contest in the threes got us all paying attention. Don't forget, the reebok pump came out the year before. Mine cost $160 in 88,which is like a gazillion dollars in today money, but you felt like you could fly in those 4s...... Even if you couldn't.

Last edited:
View media item 2139807

man, that shape is perfection! that coupled with the thin cut and grey shade of the EP is what makes the OGs so special. i don't give a damn what anyone says. THIS is what we need or give us nothing!

They really jacked this one up. Looks like a totally different shoe. They changed the EP so much it's ridiculous. Even how high it comes up on the toe, was never that high on the OG. The shade is completely off too. The red liner showing from the front...good grief! :smh:

JACKED! Easy pass. Not paying $220 plus tax for a variant looking True Blue.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

keep in mind, that I'm 41, so I was in 6th/7th grade when they dropped. Those were the shoes that launched Jordan's into the stratosphere. We all had to have those, and most of us got the black, since it was so hard to keep the whites clean. Basically, the all star game and dunk contest in the threes got us all paying attention. Don't forget, the reebok pump came out the year before. Mine cost $160 in 88,which is like a gazillion dollars in today money, but you felt like you could fly in those 4s...... Even if you couldn't.

Reebok pumps were $160 in '88-'89??? Jeebus!!! I don't know how you convinced your parents to get those for you back then. My parents would've laughed in my face hysterically, and pointed at me while doing it. :lol:

Anyways, as for the BC 4's they were the first Jordan that I fell in love with. I'm only 28, so I really wasn't around for the OG's. But when the BC 4 retros came out in '99, I was in absolute awe. I was in 5th grade at the time, and a 6th grader had them at school. I had actually got into Jordan's three years before seeing "Space Jam" in theaters... And when my cousin had the Taxi & Playoff 12's. I never really cared about the Taxi's, but when I seen the Playoffs I was jealous as hell.

I actually started watching around that time, so seeing Jordan's on the on court made me want them even more. So, you can actually say I fell in love with the 13's first. I wanted those so damn bad, I would've took any colorway. The Playoffs though... Had me hooked once again. My other cousin had them, and made the lust even worse.

I ended up convincing my mom into getting me the Red & Black's. They were a half size to small, so I ended up wearing them twice... Then I took them back, and got a pair of the "Son of Glove's and some Chucks. That only came to like $110, if I can remember correctly. That was like 50 les than what the Jays were.

So yeah, I know all about high prices mrbkkt1 mrbkkt1 . Hell, I wish Jordan's were $150 nowadays. That's a deal now, compared to what they charge for them now. I was disappointed, but I ended up shutting the school down with those GP's. Everybody was asking me "What Are Those?" Actually, the same dude, who had the BC 4's the next year ended up copping the same exact GP's I had. So yeah that felt good to get some respect from the popular, older kids.

:lol:

As for the BC 4's, the same day I seen dude with them on. This other dude tried to roast the **** outta him. Saying that they were old as hell, and that you could get those at Deveroes (City Gear now) for $25. I'm like I don't care if there old, they're still clean AF to me... Screw your thoughts. :lol:. I convinced my parents to take me there, but they were sold out. Man, if I was able to cop... I would've wore those until the midsoles fell off.

I didn't end up getting a pair until the 2012 release. I kept them DS for three years, tried them on a couple of times, then finally wore them on Christmas of 2015. The midsole cracked on some quick ish. Also, I really didn't like the shape and overall new look of them... Compared the OG's, and 99's. So, back in March I finally said F it, cashed out and copped a sole swapped pair for $1000 off Ebay. I know it's too much for shoe, but they're my Air Jordan grails... And I just don't see Nike/JB making changes to the butchered mold anytime soon. Especially, when they're going to sell out regardless. Even if they're made in BM 5 numbers.

There's no way a BC 4 retro will sit, I don't care what y'all say. Even at the retail rape price of $220+ tax... The demand is just too damn high for em. Hell, I think I feel the same way about the BC 4's as pain pain feels about the BM 5's. I'd have multiples of every release if I could, even the atrocious, bastardized CDP's. Sorry for the magazine article style post, NikeTalk. I just had to get this off my chest.

Last edited:

So, back in March I finally said F it, cashed out and copped a sole swapped pair for $1000 off Ebay.

Christ, I might've sold you my DS '99s for $950 if you were gonna spend that much. On second thought, I don't think you're a 13.

Hell, I think I feel the same way about the BC 4's as pain pain feels about the BM 5's.

I don't think there's another person on Earth that feels the way I do about Vs. IVs are up there for me, though. IVs probably eke by XIIIs as my second favorite Jordan.

Christ, I might've sold you my DS '99s for $950 if you were gonna spend that much. On second thought, I don't think you're a 13.
I don't think there's another person on Earth that feels the way I do about Vs. IVs are up there for me, though. IVs probably eke by XIIIs as my second favorite Jordan.

Sir, my favorite pair is also the V, specifically the black metallic V's. Best. Shoe. Ever.

Sir, my favorite pair is also the V, specifically the black metallic V's. Best. Shoe. Ever.

My favorites also. My first pair of J's when I was a kid and have been my all time favorites ever since.

I agree that it's the best shoe ever. What I should have clarified is that I don't think there's another person on Earth as crazy about them as me.

Accounting for the 5 different mens releases, I currently have a total of 33 pairs of black/metallic Vs. And that's just the ones that were intended for me or my own collection, not counting what I've had a hand in buying for various kids, wives, and relatives. LOL. I think that would add about 9 more pairs to the 33, if memory serves.

I could be a Mars Blackmon postcard. LOL.

Unless someone else knows different, that's gotta be some kind of record for one single colorway of a specific shoe. LOL.

I might be a 13 in the '99 4's pain pain , I heard they run small. I still haven't even tried them, or even laced em up. All I do is take them outta the box, and look at them, from time to time. I'm going to wear them one day, I'm just waiting on that one day, and that one special occasion.

As for now, I'll just continue to wear my 2012's. It's no since of wearing the 99's, when I've already wore those. The black & white midsole paint is starting to crack badly, also. I just brought them out again, last Friday.

$1000 is too damn much for me, but they're my AJ grails... And my lust was at maximum. I didn't wanna spend $750-$900 on a pair that wasn't wearable. So, I said F it. I just wish the person who swapped them didn't give the midsole a yellow vintage look. That's the only thing I can't stand on that pair.

My 2012's are pretty uncomfortable too, no matter what socks I wear. I think I should've gotten a 12.5. That's why I think I might be able to wear a 13 in the 99's. Hell, I'd buy them from you right now, anyways. If I had the money, that is. I gotta get that, and find another job first.

The 13's are up there in my top 5 of all-time too, pain pain . As they were the very first Jordan I fell in love with, especially the Playoffs. As I said before though, I would've taken any colorway. That's how much I loved the 13's. It just was nothin' like them, especially back in '97-'98. When the BC 4's came out the next year though, it was a wrap.

:lol:

The BM 5 or in my top 3 of all-time too. pain pain , SteveSteve72 SteveSteve72 & justed381 justed381 , followed by the Black/Infrared 6's. Actually, you can't go wrong with any OG colorway, on models 4-8. Especially, the Playoff color ways... IMHO.

Last edited:
IV through VIII were the pinnacle years to me. Yes, IIIs are a classic, but they were always just a little lacking to me.

IV through VIII were the pinnacle years to me. Yes, IIIs are a classic, but they were always just a little lacking to me.

I fully agree pain pain . I never really cared for the 3's, honestly. I like the True Blue's and Black Cement's, but I wouldn't be mad, or disappointed if I missed out on em. I never really cared for the WC 3's at all. I'm probably going to get banned for saying this... But they were always too plain to me. I tried to like them, but I just don't, & can't.

Last edited:
I agree that it's the best shoe ever. What I should have clarified is that I don't think there's another person on Earth as crazy about them as me.

Accounting for the 5 different mens releases, I currently have a total of 33 pairs of black/metallic Vs. And that's just the ones that were intended for me or my own collection, not counting what I've had a hand in buying for various kids, wives, and relatives. LOL. I think that would add about 9 more pairs to the 33, if memory serves.

Unless someone else knows different, that's gotta be some kind of record for one single colorway of a specific shoe. LOL.

Wow!!! Even spike would say, "that's a lot of BM V's!"

WC3
BC4
BS5

are my top 3

i'd like the BC4 next! :tongue:

the true blue has been a great beater for me over the years tho...

Last edited:

Jeebus...wish I had been there to witness your excitement when they dropped earlier and were easy to have. Only pair I would ever consider buying in double digits would have to be BC3 with the OG details to a T. 

Btw, if they ruin the BC3 NA with this EP. Y'all still out or nah?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom