[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's still valuable for the money he'd get... He made a huge step year 1 to year 2.. He's also the hardest worker on the team (not named Kobe). And if we are really going to go with Blake & Nash.. We need him because an injury will happen.

I wouldn't bother wasting a pick on a PG (Again) because we can't go for 1-dimensional PGs. We need both sides of the ball players at PG if we are going to pick a PG.. At SF we just need someone who hits a 3. Either way, personally I'd rather get rid of the pick (but we can't)

Vin I was with you until Metta spotting up... I see you left out Dwight again :lol:

Last edited:
Lol...nah, mwp is second unit material. Yes, copeland can be had for 775k-1.1 mill. I dont see any other FA SFs lal can afford(that wed want) with the mmle except for CJ Miles or maybe webster.

Lol...nah, mwp is second unit material. Yes, copeland can be had for 775k-1.1 mill. I dont see any other FA SFs lal can afford(that wed want) with the mmle except for CJ Miles or maybe webster.

Copeland is going for more than that. A lot more. There's about 7-8 teams after him. Including the Knicks who want to keep him (for $1.1mil) they will keep him.

Last edited:
Interesting....so would u pull the trigger using the mmle? I like his gm-filled in decently for melo. Would u be satisfied with copeland/collison offseason? I would (if d12 returns)

Interesting....so would u pull the trigger using the mmle? I like his gm-filled in decently for melo. Would u be satisfied with copeland/collison offseason? I would (if d12 returns)

I like him.. But we probably have the choice of 1 extremely good bench player this offseason. In my mind if Collison is available for the full MMLE, I go Collison... We need a starter quality backup PG (When Nash gets injured, partially why I want to keep Morris because we'll then need a backup for our backup)..

I think there are players better than Copeland out there. I've made no secret I like Wright much better... I would have mixed feelings if we used the full MMLE on Copeland.

Back to the premise that we really need 3 of the things we only have 1 of :smh:

Last edited:
Agreed..wright is younger but more expensive. And agree 100 on nash situation...minutes cap should be set at 28 to 32 tops. Starter quality fa pg needed unless u bring back glock to score off the ball/create and have kobe facilitate when the 2 are out there with wright/copeland and pau/hill/clark.

Revisiting your amnesty topic, I think blake gets the nod..see, I like blake..but hes not a quality enough backup for 40 yr old nash..hes a quality backup to a top tier PG. Yes, amnesty blake.sign collison..bring in wright or copeland/webster.

Id cop a collison sunday white. No hesitation.

If and when we re-sign Dwight and Clark Mitch will have a hard time convincing FA's to sign here because of D'antoni's short rotations.

D12
Pau
Metta
Kobe
Nash

off the Bench
Blake
Hill
Meeks
Earl

Its pretty much set :lol:

Same team, year older. :lol:

But if all could play 75 games I'd take my chances. We played 1 single game with a full roster.

Opening night.

He won't play 8 man rotations with a healthy team... We were bare bones.

You give him the players, he will play them. Give him 10 players who can play, he will play them..

Also Nash's minutes probably stay around 26.. Gary Vitti said there will be a minutes cap next year. I think Pau should have a cap as well at 30.

If we swap Clark into the starting lineup, and get a backup PG and a combo forward both under 30 who can give you 20 minutes... We are good money.

I can live with Nash, Kobe & Pau being the only guys over 30.. I can't live with Nash, Blake, Kobe, MWP, Pau and someone else over 30 again.

Last edited:
Heres the thing....I know the 28-12 run was without hill......but I can only remember 2 "wire to wire" wins...home vs port. ..home vs minn...only wins against "good" tms were okc on a day where durant and westbrook played like they were at cabana the nt before and at brooklyn. All the other wins were scratch and claw wins, all the meanwhile running kobe out there for 46 mins a gm..to create and defend..why? Bc there wasnt enough wing depth. Not enough creators..not enough wing defenders to keep a small lead safe when shots arent falling. Im not saying the 40 gm stretch was decieving..but it wasnt championship basketball. 5-6 seed basketball. As the roster as is..minus twan...u still need an athletic wing and a younger pg..period. I think u can win 51-54 gms if healthy and one more shot creator who can spell kobe. Since that isnt happening, copeland/collison/wright are that much more critical s possible additions.

Essential, he ran short rotations in Phoenix. He ran short rotations in New York. He ran short rotations in L.A.

He runs short rotations bruh.

And the SA game was a major trap gm for sa and an emotional must win for lal..blake played out of his mind and that gm was ugly. The sweep in the playoffs proved that theory.

Essential, he ran short rotations in Phoenix. He ran short rotations in New York. He ran short rotations in L.A.

He runs short rotations bruh.

That's true. But Not sure the Lakers team could have ever run a long rotation. Ever.

With Steve Nash capped. And not overexerting Kobe, it will be a 9 man rotation. We need it to be 10. Give him that 10th player worthy to play.

Nash (26) - Kobe (33) - Clark (27) - Pau (30) - Howard (35)
Meeks (20) - Hill (20)

Have 3 spots to fill.. 22 minutes at PG, 16 min at SF, 11 min at PF.

Last edited:
I'll be shocked if two of those aren't Ron and Blake.

Be nice to amnesty one and give the other away, but I suspect both are back.

I'll be shocked if two of those aren't Ron and Blake.

Be nice to amnesty one and give the other away, but I suspect both are back.

I think it's only 1. We are going after both positions based on all the rumors. Whoever we get the person at that position gets the axe.

Remember the "don't expect any moves " statement last year.

Also the irrational hatred of Jim Buss is a good enough reason for some of you to step back and realize why a lot of the **** Lakers fans get is warranted

Last edited:
Repeater tax, FTL. New CBA constraints, ftl. That would suck for mwp..hey guys, im back! Awwww..

I'm just woke up a little bit ago...l Amsterdam damn near killed me last night :lol:

those stayd12 "banners" might as well be pacific division championship banners. Jerry Buss would never approve of those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom