[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried really hard to like Kendrick and for the life of me I don't understand his hype at all.

"I pray my **** get big as the Eiffel Tower
So I can f*** the world for seventy two hours"

:x :x That sounds like something I would have rapped in elementary school. Nas had some misses on Oochie Wally etc but never anything like that :lol:
Even on the songs of his I like some of his delivery and lyrics just sound awkward to me. :\ I know I'm in the extreme minority.

Oh yea and uh, GO LAKERS! since this isn't the Music forum. :lol:

The context of that song Backstreet Freestyle: Kendrick has stated that the lyrics are representative of what he would rhyme when he first started rhyming around age 16, freestyling in the back of his homies car. Notice how the lyrics in that song are a lot different than the well versed songs on the majority of the album. so it makes sense for you to say thats something youd think of in elementary, Kendrick was making it a point rapping like that

The context of that song Backstreet Freestyle: Kendrick has stated that the lyrics are representative of what he would rhyme when he first started rhyming around age 16, freestyling in the back of his homies car. Notice how the lyrics in that song are a lot different than the well versed songs on the majority of the album. so it makes sense for you to say thats something youd think of in elementary, Kendrick was making it a point rapping like that

I wasn't aware of that, but even still it's pretty wack to me :lol: . I mean Earl Sweatshirt and Nas were already pretty elite at that age. I know not everybody ages/matures/learns their craft at the same rate, and not every song is meant to be some deep introspective stuff, but it just sounds corny to me :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a decent album but def. not a classic.

I wasn't aware of that, but even still it's pretty wack to me :lol: . I mean Earl Sweatshirt and Nas were already pretty elite at that age. I know not everybody ages/matures/learns their craft at the same rate, and not every song is meant to be some deep introspective stuff, but it just sounds corny to me :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a decent album but def. not a classic.

Earl Sweatshirt :rofl:

FOH

How do y'all feel about Austin daye? He was drafted into a poor situation in Detroit, and wasn't really needed in Memphis. I think he'd be a perfect fit here :nerd:

So grain of salt because of the author.. But ESPN & Chris Broussard are reporting that CP3 is upset with the Clippers because he is getting all of the blame for the firing of CP3.

Again I will bring up this point, 12:01am on July 1st, you get Mitch, Jim & Kobe on the phone and call Chris Paul. You try to sell him on coming to the Lakers, sacrificing one year salary wise, and staying long term..

Here’s the crux of your argument
1. You were supposed to be here anyway, but David Stern blocked it.
2. You don't have to pack up again, and move to a new city.
3. You guarantee that he gets a max contract the next year regardless of what happens. As to not making him feel insulted, you state that you want to give him a max, but you’re 1 year off from giving it to him, while not having to gut a team from contending for a title. Not an insult to him, just the place contracts ended up.
3. You don’t need to convince him that in LA, on the Clippers, you will always be in the shadow. During the playoffs, the Clippers were still playing, and Lakers had been eliminated, but the entire city’s sports media was in El Segundo covering Lakers exit interviews on a night the Clippers were playing at home IN THE PLAYOFFS.
4. You get to team up with the best team talent wise that he has ever been on, and say who you plan on having. Steve Nash as the backup. Kobe, Meeks, you’re resigning Clark, Pau, Jordan Hill, and with CP3 coming in, Dwight will come back as the anchor in the middle.
Blake or MWP (one will be back), and then say you will look on picking up one more person for the rotation.
5. Sell him on moving forward, and that any team that CP3 goes to will have to rebuild as well in a year, or won’t have room to add to the roster after the 1st year of the contract. You sell him on the Lakers resiliency to continuously build title contenders, and win championships even when they are counted out. The Front Office is extremely proactive, doesn’t have trouble moving pieces for the good of winning.

Will it happen? Almost impossible. But I think there is a little window in there that he will hear what you have to say.

Can’t hurt. And if you pull off the miracle. Not even a little doubt for D12 to stay, and you are immediately back at the top of title contention, with a upbeat future.
No risk – huge reward proposition.

If you're Mitch & Jim, you don't expect for this to happen, but it's the first move you make in Free Agency

Last edited:
I'm starting to believe LeBron really could go to Lakers next summer (if Dwight stays of course). :rolleyes

I'm starting to believe LeBron really could go to Lakers next summer (if Dwight stays of course).
eyes.gif
why only if dwight stays?

if he doesnt sign then in 2014 we can get two max players instead of one.  lebron and _____. let him do the recruting.

Sterling is, and always be the worst owner in the NBA.
Dude struck the lottery with Griffin (although i feel he is vastly overrated) and CP3.
Only reason he won that Pacific Division Banner last night was because of David Stern's power trip.

No Veto = Another 2nd place finish for the Clips last year.

Yeah im mildly salty.
We literally had CP3 on our roster for 90 minutes. :smh:

Sterling is, and always be the worst owner in the NBA.
Dude struck the lottery with Griffin (although i feel he is vastly overrated) and CP3.
Only reason he won that Pacific Division Banner last night was because of David Stern's power trip.

No Veto = Another 2nd place finish for the Clips last year.

Yeah im mildly salty.
We literally had CP3 on our roster for 90 minutes. :smh:

sigh :smh:

One of the things that bug me about the Dwight rumors, and I was discussing this with a fellow Lakers fan before the Kendrick concert is these two sentence that go back to back

" Dwight Howard wants to go to a team that gives him the best shot at a title."

Generally followed by...

"If Dwight leaves, it is because he does not want to deal with the pressure of championship-or-bust mentality every year in Los Angeles."

:rolleyes Oh.

why only if dwight stays?

if he doesnt sign then in 2014 we can get two max players instead of one.  lebron and _____. let him do the recruting.

Because Dwight Howard is the exact type of player LeBron has always needed. If there's no Dwight, there'd be no point for LeBron to go to LA.

The free-agent squad next year is okay, but not that promising. LeBron would just go to Cleveland for the help.

Dwight is the keyyyy.

One of the things that bug me about the Dwight rumors, and I was discussing this with a fellow Lakers fan before the Kendrick concert is these two sentence that go back to back

" Dwight Howard wants to go to a team that gives him the best shot at a title."

Generally followed by...

"If Dwight leaves, it is because he does not want to deal with the pressure of championship-or-bust mentality every year in Los Angeles."

:rolleyes Oh.

As dumb as that might sound I think that's true when talking about Dwight. Of course he wants to win a ring but he's not built to have all the pressure and focus on him. We've already seen he can't handle it. If he went to HOU he can be Harden's sidekick, that's the role he's built for.

Last edited:
How do y'all feel about Austin daye? He was drafted into a poor situation in Detroit, and wasn't really needed in Memphis. I think he'd be a perfect fit here :nerd:

hell no, he's awful. he's 7'1 and thinks he's kobe. I've watched him for years in detroit and am thoroughly unimpressed. besides dirk, and he's the exception, I'm just not cozy with a 7'1 jump shooter. put some damn weight on and get ur *** in the paint. How are you that tall and avg less than 2 boards a game? Waste of height yo

I'll honestly feel much better and less stressed once Dwight does the inevitable and announces he is leaving LA and signing with Houston.

Do I want to be left with a losing team? Absolutely not.
Hopefully the guy has enough heart in him to help us with some kind of sign-in-trade, at the least.

But like i've said, if the guy doesnt have the heart to be a Laker and doesn't have what it takes to shine in this bright spotlight...then BON VOYAGE Dwight! See ya when we see ya!

Will be more than happy the move on to players who actually want to be a part of the Purple and Gold legacy. :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom