[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: lakers gonna get fined/barred/stripped of the next 20 years of draft picks (the ones not given to the suns/magic anyways) if they try to pull that **** off :lol:

ya'll don't remember the joe smith debacle?

Timberwolves salary cap scandal [edit]
Following the 1999–2000 season, it was discovered that Smith was involved in a salary cap–tampering scandal involving Timberwolves executive Kevin McHale. Smith was allegedly promised a future multi-million dollar deal if he signed with the team for below market value, allowing the team to make some additional player moves in the short term. The league later found out about this violation and voided the last year of the contract, also severely punishing the Timberwolves by taking away five first-round draft picks (though two of the picks were ultimately returned) and fining the team $3.5 million.[3] The move hurt the Timberwolves in the long run, as while the team still found success, the lack of draft picks set the team up for their eventual failure in the mid-2000s.

c'mon ya'll :rofl:

A player is within his right to sign any contract he wants...

You don't even have to bother saying you'll give him a max the next year. It'd be almost implied even without saying it

Last edited:
If I'm Chris Paul and the Lakers came at me with some bs like that I would hang up and never talk to them again.
It's disrespectful.

:lol: lakers gonna get fined/barred/stripped of the next 20 years of draft picks (the ones not given to the suns/magic anyways) if they try to pull that **** off :lol:

Following the 1999–2000 season, it was discovered that Smith was involved in a salary cap–tampering scandal involving Timberwolves executive Kevin McHale. Smith was allegedly promised a future multi-million dollar deal if he signed with the team for below market value, allowing the team to make some additional player moves in the short term. The league later found out about this violation and voided the last year of the contract, also severely punishing the Timberwolves by taking away five first-round draft picks (though two of the picks were ultimately returned) and fining the team $3.5 million.[3] The move hurt the Timberwolves in the long run, as while the team still found success, the lack of draft picks set the team up for their eventual failure in the mid-2000s.

You don't even have to bother saying you'll give him a max the next year. It'd be almost implied even without saying it

Well it have to be implied cause it would be illegal if it was said.....which it was said in your original post.

Well it have to be implied cause it would be illegal if it was said.....which it was said in your original post.

Then you don't say it. Just say 1 year $3.1mil.. That's what we have this year.. We'll definitely hope to keep you well after that... Don't need to mention the money after year 1.. He'll know.

But again, since I feel the need to say it each time it's brought up.. He's going to say no. But you don't risk anything by trying.

Last edited:
If I'm Chris Paul and the Lakers came at me with some bs like that I would hang up and never talk to them again.
It's disrespectful.

Then it's just the same as not trying. There's literally no harm in asking and putting it that way.

There's no real rule that block the players from giving money to each other right? What can David Stern do if Kobe say he want to give money to Chris Paul because he want to? :lol:

Kobe ,D12, Pau Gasol all chip in to give CP3 10 millions. Heck they can all do it in secret.

:nerd:

Damn. A line up Cp3, Kurbe, Dwight and Gasol :x

Lick lip salivate. Hatred for LA will multiply by trillion if that deal happen though.

There's no real rule that block the players from giving money to each other right? What can David Stern do if Kobe say he want to give money to Chris Paul because he want to?
laugh.gif

Kobe ,D12, Pau Gasol all chip in to give CP3 10 millions. Heck they can all do it in secret.

nerd.gif

Damn. A line up Cp3, Kurbe, Dwight and Gasol
sick.gif

Lick lip salivate. Hatred for LA will multiply by trillion if that deal happen though.
lol at you guys thinking a guy like Gasol would give up money (10 million at that) to another player to get him to play here...especially considering he has two rings already.

I told you guys to enjoy the peace and quiet we had last week...

Now it's back to Laker Fantasyland. :lol:

All this craziness because of one man refusing to commit to either staying or leaving. :smh:

Even if you are stressed about Dwight's decision... One bright side about getting Dwight last year.... Even if he leaves in a month... We didn't give 5 year max money to Andrew Bynum.

Last edited:
[quote name="L2B"]I told you guys to enjoy the peace and quiet we had last week...

Now it's back to Laker Fantasyland. :lol:

All this craziness because of one man refusing to commit to either staying or leaving. people are too impatient to refrain from contributing to the craziness, on some 'instant gratification' vibe :smh:[/quote]Fixed.

Last edited:
I feel like a lucky man today...I walked into my local foot locker here in SB, and they literally had one box of basketball shoes on the sale table...

I notice the size 13 first, and get excited then I notice they're these....

View media item 437264
I feel like a kid on Christmas. I know to many of you having a pair of Kobe's is no big deal, but these are believe it or not my first pair of Kobe's ever. :smile: I've never been able to afford them. I'm so excited, I didn't evn care what color it was. Tried them on and they're comfortable as hell!

Can't wait to try hooping with them. I've been wearing the same ripped hoop shoes for the last 3 years :lol: :smh:

:pimp:

Good find. :smokin

Get adidas KOBETWO next.

Then you'll appreciate those Kobe VI even more.

Good find. :smokin

Get adidas KOBETWO next.

Then you'll appreciate those Kobe VI even more.

Hell no lol...

Actually now that i think about it, i did have a pair of the Silver KOBEONE's bac in middle school. Those ones were clean :pimp:

So i guess technically this is the first pair of Nike Kobe's ive ever had. :smokin

THEKOBE's go hard. love those things. Wasn't on the silver pair or the mesh pair like everyone else was, but definitely loved them. I've got the white/black, the ice blue/gray, and the white/yellow retros.

rck, you've seriously got KOBETWO?

:lol:

Darius Morris working regularly at the Lakers' training facility
By Eric Pincus
June 1, 2013, 1:40 p.m.

Lakers guard Darius Morris is a regular at the team's training facility.

In addition to improving his outside shot, Morris is working under the guidance of strength and conditioning coach Tim DiFrancesco.

While Morris is still learning to play at the right pace, offensively, he made a leap in his second season after sitting for most of his rookie year as the 41st pick in the 2011 NBA draft.

Through four postseason games against the San Antonio Spurs, Morris averaged 10.5 points on 45.7% shooting with 3.0 assists.

The 22-year-old guard will hit free agency for the second time in his short career in July. The team is expected to give him a qualifying offer of $1.2 million to make him a restricted free agent.

The Lakers have both Steve Nash and Steve Blake under contract at point guard but in addition to being able to fill in as a low-minute third, Morris has the size to play multiple positions.

Coach Mike D'Antoni experimented with the 6-foot-4 Morris as the team's defensive stopper on the perimeter, even starting him against Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks.

While Morris wasn't necessarily ready for the role, his gym-rat personality suggests he'll continue to improve.

If the Lakers don't give him a qualifying offer, he would hit free agency unrestricted -- although the team could still look to re-sign him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom