[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Main things that concern us...

Can't Amnesty and resign for cheaper
Can't sign and trade with our cap situation

So all those pipe dream of Trading Dwight for Love and Pekovic or Hortford and Korver are out of the question

If Dwight leaves how much cap room do we have?

We CAN sign and trade Dwight. We just can't receive a sign and trade player. Obviously there is no point in any team giving up anything of value for him when they can sign him outright though.

I know you guys mention Lowry/others in Pau trade talks but how many of those players have 1 year contracts? Wouldn't longer contracts mess up the whole 2014 thing?

cut dwight...sign bynum to MAXXXXXXXXXXX

do it mitch, do it.

in retrospect, definitely would have kept bynum.

Last edited:
Maybe we should try to shop Blake & Duhon for a 3, 4 or 5.

I understand what you're about to say.. They have barely any value. I hear ya.

But with the ability to buy out Duhon (you save $2mil off his contract when you buy him out).. You are looking at a way to save money if you are another team... Gotta try to use the belt tightening in the NBA to our advantage for one last year.

Last edited:
Have a better chance at getting a bag of chicken and waffles Lay's for Duhon. Bring the Machine and Farmar back for cheap.

Have a better chance at getting a bag of chicken and waffles Lay's for Duhon. Bring the Machine and Farmar back for cheap.

One can have hope that a team needs a backup PG (Blake) and needs to shed a couple of million (Buying out Duhon)

We need to be creative this year.

My dream is to forget about the PF position and just load up on SFs who can move up to the 4.

It's a realization that we kind of have to with Mike D'Antoni as the coach. Also the need for a 7'0" PF has begun to lose its necessity.

Last edited:
I guess I could see Duhon being traded. It would have to be to a team in the red looking to cut salary next season or this summer to make a splash in free agency. But in all likelihood, I see Duhon being waived.

I guess I could see Duhon being traded. It would have to be to a team in the red looking to cut salary next season or this summer to make a splash in free agency. But in all likelihood, I see Duhon being waived.

I'm in the same camp.. But it's the Lakers offseason thread.. Be creative.

You know who can use Blake & Duhon.. The Wizards. Get the DMV fav Blake. Cut a couple mil by cutting Duhon. And give us Ariza back :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom