[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
first white guy that the lakers pick in a while :lol:

last time they pick a white guy was 03 aka Luke Walton

Dwight Howard with 8 baby mommas....that extra 30 million can sure come in handy...

With no state taxes and lower property values in Texas, he can pretty much buy 8 houses in Houston
for the same price he would pay for 1 in Beverly Hills.
That should be more cost effective for those 8 baby mommas.

Last edited:
48 LA Lakers

Ryan Kelly 6-11 228 PF Duke

Kelly fits the big man mold Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni loves. He can shoot, can handle the ball and plays with a great basketball IQ. D'Antoni will be able to maximize his talents. It's a great fit for him and the Lakers.

chad ford/espn analysis. lets see if he gets a contract first.

Excuse the homer, but they could have grabbed Southerland if they were going to draft Ryan Kelly. He runs the floor better, is very athletic and can shoot albeit he's streaky. That was a terrible pick especially when they are in no position to toss them to the way side.

[quote name="Th3RealF0lkBlu3s"]MDA should be fired if that's what Dwight says needs to happen for him to stay.[/quote]- Dwight doesn't like Stan Van Gundy
- Orlando Magic fire Stan Van Gundy
- Dwight leaves anyways

"Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it." :wink:

The difference is that Dwight likes LA. No one has disputed this. If he were given a coach that he could enjoy playing for he'd have no reason for wanting to leave.

that's the thing with personalities like his: there is no pleasing them.

and I'm not saying we should just move along like he's not going to remain with us. I'm on the bandwagon that hopes he suits up for us next year, and actually retires with us.

but there is no appeasing the demanding childish personalities of the world, and he is certainly a demanding child. The last thing you do to a kid throwing a temper tantrum is give them exactly what they want. Ab. Solutely. NOT.

Last edited:
^word. The way Dwight's been acting over the years, the lakers could fire dantoni, make him the focal point of the offense, give him the max deal, and yet I feel like the slightest thing that irks him midseason he'll be in pout mode whining to the media asking for a trade.

Last edited:
Team MUST remain in control. You can't just let a player run the team, see Kobe trying to trade Bynum for Kidd.

Players can have a voice, give preferences, ideas, but ultimately the management team makes the call. Don't just hand everything over like how the Clips did.
They let CP3 fire the coach, then demand they give up a draft pick for Doc, all to hope he stays. What happens when they need to tell him no? They're going to get twisted by him at some point.

We all may like or dislike MDA, but they run the org, as it should be, not Dwight, not Kobe, not Shaq. Team > player, every time.

The Lakers should fire Dantoni because he is terrible.

No defense=no rings

Agree. I don't think we should fire him just to placate Dwight, but It's clear to me now he shouldn't have been hired in the first place. He just isn't that good of a coach.

I won't hold it against him if we aren't contenders the next couple years though because the roster will have more to do with that. But I just don't like him being here long term. To me he's almost in the same territory as George Karl is for CP. Lots of regular season wins, but not a WINNER and I don't take his teams seriously in the playoffs.

I honestly wish we had a way to get some Future draft pics because i absolutely think Ainge is going to Giveaway Rondo but we don't have any real assets besides Pau's Expiring & metta's expiring.

The battered Houston sports fan in me thinks Dwight ends up going back to LA (he's working the drama angle). It never works out in Houston's favor, never! Well we did get James Harden so perhaps our luck has changed? Anyways, thought this was funny to me:

View media item 472365

And some of the rumors i've heard have been stating that the fans, not only dantoni have had a big part in swaying D12 decision to stay. :rolleyes

This dude bust his as to play here, injured all season, Wasn't being utilized by his coach and still put up the best #'s for a center this season and played in over 70+ games and this fanbase has treated him like Kendrick Perkins.

The Lakers should fire Dantoni because he is terrible.

No defense=no rings

Agree. I don't think we should fire him just to placate Dwight, but It's clear to me now he shouldn't have been hired in the first place. He just isn't that good of a coach.

I won't hold it against him if we aren't contenders the next couple years though because the roster will have more to do with that. But I just don't like him being here long term. To me he's almost in the same territory as George Karl is for CP. Lots of regular season wins, but not a WINNER and I don't take his teams seriously in the playoffs.

I can not stress this enough to you. I know that MDA bashing is easy, but let's examine some things, one last time.

MDA was about to win the title in 2007. They had just beat the Spurs IN San Antonio. Nash, Amare, Marion, etc core was going to win that series, and drub the Cavs all over the court. And then Horry hip checked the Suns franchise player, and Stern suspended the Suns for that. That was going to be a title team, for MDA, over Popovich mind you, he also beat Phil that season. (yes, with a crap roster)

George Karl never had a "run" like that where a title was taken from him.

Also, all this 4 shooters/screen-roll stuff, MDA's system. Greg Popovich went from the slow it down, defense, dump it in down low offense, to MDA's system a few years ago. Miami runs sets that came from MDA. Houston. All of these teams now, with this space it out, pick and roll game.

The Houston teams employed 4 shooters, along with the Shaq Magic, but that was dump it in, kick it out. MDA's PG oriented style has created what the league is right now.

So yes, he a goofy ************. And he sucks at rotations almost as bad as Mike Brown (but still not worse than MB) but he DOES have some talent in him as a coach.

My gripe, is I didn't get what I was promised, which was a defensive coordinator. I really wanted that, a Thibs type like Doc had. But out of timeouts, you notice how many times we get GREAT shots now out of TO's? He can do some things. Get him the right pieces, he'll make something happen.

Bottom line is, he may not be a solid fit with THIS roster, as is. Re-sign Dwight, got a stretch 4 hopefully Ryan Anderson lite type, somehow get a young PG soon, couple wing shooters/defenders, and I bet he can start to make things happen.

Question is, will he get that amount of time to get those pieces? That I don't know.

Lakers will be fine without Howard. Think of the bigger picture. 2014 has Kevin Love and Lebron as free agents among others. Mine as well keep space free for then.

Kobe likes MDA and I'm sure he has more pull than Dwight. If they're listening to anyone, it's going to be Kobe.

And some of the rumors i've heard have been stating that the fans, not only dantoni have had a big part in swaying D12 decision to stay. :rolleyes

This dude bust his as to play here, injured all season, Wasn't being utilized by his coach and still put up the best #'s for a center this season and played in over 70+ games and this fanbase has treated him like Kendrick Perkins.

WHAT!?!

When Dwight was shooting air balls at the freethrow line, the fans cheered to keep his confidence up. When he got stripped in the post, over and over again the fans made excuses about him not being 100% healthy. When he complain about coaching the fans complained about the coaching. When he complained about Kobe's shooting the fans wanted kobe to play more like magic....

As fans, what more can we do for a guy that played a whole season and never committed to our franchise? What more can we do for a guy that quit on our team during the playoffs? Laughed and joked during the games we got blowed out the water?

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Lakers will be fine without Howard. Think of the bigger picture. 2014 has Kevin Love and Lebron as free agents among others. Mine as well keep space free for then.

Kobe likes MDA and I'm sure he has more pull than Dwight. If they're listening to anyone, it's going to be Kobe.

And for the last time WHY THE **** are people talking as if K.Love is some sort of franchise player??

He's a good scorer and rebounder and is TERRIBLE on the defensive end... and his teams haven't gotten an ounce better throughout his tenure in Minnesota... He's also since coming in the L fell in love with longrange shots.... ya'll don't want Dwight to be the cornerstone but ya'll take K.Love :smh:

WHAT!?!

When Dwight was shooting air balls at the freethrow line, the fans cheered to keep his confidence up. When he got stripped in the post, over and over again the fans made excuses about him not being 100% healthy. When he complain about coaching the fans complained about the coaching. When he complained about Kobe's shooting the fans wanted kobe to play more like magic....

As fans, what more can we do for a guy that played a whole season and never committed to our franchise? What more can we do for a guy that quit on our team during the playoffs? Laughed and joked during the games we got blowed out the water?

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Bruh ALL year i've heard people on here say they didn't even cared if dwight stayed or Not... People have continually questioned his heart despite playing thru an injury that should have kept him out to January, then playing thru an Injury that could potentially have ended the season.

He was basically the 3rd/4th option on a team where the coach decided that it was smart to have Pau launching 3's instead of giving Dwight the ball.

Dudes were at his neck because he's doing what ANY FA in his position would do, i'm not saying that he's a saint in this but the LA people have damn sure not welcomed him at all and regardless of the player no GOOD player wants to stay somewhere where the fans are fairweather on their support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom