[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruh ALL year i've heard people on here say they didn't even cared if dwight stayed or Not... People have continually questioned his heart despite playing thru an injury that should have kept him out to January, then playing thru an Injury that could potentially have ended the season.

He was basically the 3rd/4th option on a team where the coach decided that it was smart to have Pau launching 3's instead of giving Dwight the ball.

Dudes were at his neck because he's doing what ANY FA in his position would do, i'm not saying that he's a saint in this but the LA people have damn sure not welcomed him at all and regardless of the player no GOOD player wants to stay somewhere where the fans are fairweather on their support.
Bro why are you even trying to reason with some of these guys? Let them learn the hard way.

We welcomed Fwight wholeheartedly. We knew what injury he had. But he had drama the while season. Offense is whack and its sad how easily dude gets stripped.
I don't mind if he leaves or stays.

Those Dwight in Houston looking at houses tweets were debunked, as of 26 minutes ago he's at UCLA working out according to all the NBA "insider" guys on twitter.

I'm beginning to care less about the whole D12 thing, not him as a person, just the fiasco thats been conjured up about him staying or leaving.

This whole thing seems awfully familiar :lol:

Last edited:
Those Dwight in Houston looking at houses tweets were debunked, as of 26 minutes ago he's at UCLA working out according to all the NBA "insider" guys on twitter.

I'm beginning to care less about the whole D12 thing, not him as a person, just the fiasco thats been conjured up about him staying or leaving.

This whole thing seems awfully familiar :lol:

It's all because of the media they hype it up all season CONSTANTLY... won't stop reporting on it although LA has been out the playoffs for damn near two months Dwight hasn't said a peep and yet they continue to push this thing making it seem as if Dwight is some sort of cancer.

when i heard we got dwight i was happy but dudes a whiny *** *****... kobe told him to man up about his injury, stay focused and not worry about the media and fan criticism. i would rather he stay still and man up

The battered Houston sports fan in me thinks Dwight ends up going back to LA (he's working the drama angle). It never works out in Houston's favor, never! Well we did get James Harden so perhaps our luck has changed? Anyways, thought this was funny to me:

View media item 472365

I can't believe the Lakers actually put up a billboard saying "Stay D12".

When do 16 time champions beg and plead? For Dwight ****** Howard? :lol:

:smh:

When do 16 time champions beg and plead? For Dwight ****** Howard?
laugh.gif

mean.gif
Sometimes it's good to know when to check your pride. The Lakers are only as good as the people that suit up for them. Pride cometh before the fall.

Nah it's Okay tell the best center in the L and biggest Defensive force to go kick rocks because we have the ever so powerful presence of K.Love coming up to Free Agency...... :smh:

When do 16 time champions beg and plead? For Dwight ****** Howard? :lol:

:smh:

Sometimes it's good to know when to check your pride. The Lakers are only as good as the people that suit up for them. Pride cometh before the fall.

Didn't do this for Shaq before he left. Not for Kobe when he claimed there wasnt a chance he'd suit up for us again. But we will for Dwight? I like him as a player, but these billboards are straight up embarrassing.

Didn't do this for Shaq before he left. Not for Kobe when he claimed there wasnt a chance he'd suit up for us again. But we will for Dwight? I like him as a player, but these billboards are straight up embarrassing.
Doesn't matter what they did or didn't do for Shaq or Kobe. That line of thinking makes zero sense. The only thing that matters is Dwight Howard needs to be in a Laker jersey next year by any means necessary.

Yeah, I don't understand either why people are making a big deal out of the billboards. Coupe has some agenda that no one has figured out yet, but everyone else shouldn't be tripping.

I really can't believe the Lakers are keeping MDA over Dwight.

This a huge mistake for the Lakers

I think it finally hit me yesterday that our franchise will no longer ever be the same.

Jim Buss can simply not be counted on to make the proper decisions for long term franchise success.
I don't mean to be a negative nancy but i think im finally starting to feel what Stephen A. Smith was saying a few months ago when he was saying as long as Jim Buss is the owner of the Lakers he has no faith in us ever being successful.

I think im slowly starting to realize the same. He is just so different from his father. |I
Such an opposite philosophy. Such a weak way of running such a powerful organization. :smh:

Man. I dont know guys. I know we have open cap space for 2014 and its possible to turn things back around then, but do you really trust Jim Buss with that cap space?
I mean it doesnt even seem like Mitch has the same freedom he once had when he was able to work his magic for us.

It just seems like the Jim show now. And frankly, that scares me. :rolleyes

Seeing the Celtics implode and go into a lonnnnnng rebuild mode was just a reality check. They are just as, if not more, prestigious as our team is. Similar history. Similar legends. Similar expectations.
But they have no choice but to retool and rebuild. Theyre doing it the right way, but you just dont expect that kind of philosophy from Boston. Thats not a franchise that is accustomed to purposely REBUILDING with nothing. Their fans are like ours, they dont tolerate losing.

But i mean... realistically guys, if Dwight leaves, and Kobe and Pau retire in a year or 2... even with cap space, we're going to be going into that Celtic direction. A complete rebuild... and it might take 3, 4, 5 years to be back to the competitive level we were just in for the last decade.

Thats why i really want something out of Dwight leaving. Kobe/Pau and ONE MORE PIECE are needed to make one final push for a championship before we hit that 5 year rebuild mode...

We gotta get one more man. Because we wont be seeing much of the post-season for a little while. Realistically. Unless a miracle happens and Ryan Kelly or some other 2nd round pick becomes a super star for us. :rolleyes

Last edited:

I think it finally hit me yesterday that our franchise will no longer ever be the same.

Jim Buss can simply not be counted on to make the proper decisions for long term franchise success.
I don't mean to be a negative nancy but i think im finally starting to feel what Stephen A. Smith was saying a few months ago when he was saying as long as Jim Buss is the owner of the Lakers he has no faith in us ever being successful.

I think im slowly starting to realize the same. He is just so different from his father. |I
Such an opposite philosophy. Such a weak way of running such a powerful organization. :smh:

Man. I dont know guys. I know we have open cap space for 2014 and its possible to turn things back around then, but do you really trust Jim Buss with that cap space?
I mean it doesnt even seem like Mitch has the same freedom he once had when he was able to work his magic for us.

Jim isn't the one to blame for that tho, the new CBA is.

It's the new CBA that has us handcuffed at the moment, not jim buss.

Jim isn't the one to blame for that tho, the new CBA is.

It's the new CBA that has us handcuffed at the moment, not jim buss.

The new CBA has nothing to do with Jim Buss firing Mike Brown after 5 games, hiring Mike _'Antoni instead of Phil Jackson, and choosing to stay with Mike _'Antoni which basically will be the nail in the coffin for Dwight leaving.

The new CBA isn't to blame for such idiotic impulsive decisions.

L2B, stop it. Jerry wanted D'Antoni, and no one was going to tell him otherwise on his deathbed. Don't act like there's nothing the team can do now to have Dwight wanting to come back.

I knew it was gonna bad in here to start off the post-Phil era. It's a lose lose situation

And just to piggyback F0lkBlu3s, they all had their hand in the selection of D'antoni

Last edited:
Jim Buss sucks because he traded for Chris Paul and was robbed.
He sucks because he traded a played 0 games Bynum for Dwight Howard
And he sucks because he traded future draft picks for Steve Nash

Read those 3 sentences, multiple times. Then come in and tell me how much Jim Buss sucks.

Stern cut off one of his legs. Bottom line.

So now he needs to regroup, and adjust. The fact that he has WIPED THE SLATE clear after next season, tells you he knows what needs to be done to get back where we want the Lakers.

Everyone on this Earth knew these times would come, where we have to find the new era of Laker basketball and go about achieving that. Now we're here, and everyone is upset, pointing fingers, placing blame, and we haven't even started doing anything yet. :smh:

Last year all we were told is "nothing imminent, no moves to be expected, quiet offseason"

Trades for Nash, Dwight Howard, signs Jamison and Meeks.

None were expected, outside of the always possible D12 to LAL move.

Jim Buss sucks tho. We should give up. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom