* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by TheGift23

juan_dixon.jpg

pimp.gif
Never, EVER thought back then though that Blake would have the better/longer career though.
For real.

Originally Posted by BangDak

JA, if it was all about basketball and nothing else, tell me why LAC isnt being mentioned.

That's the best team, basketball wise.

Diddy-EG-Bron-Blake-Kaman
nets and bulls>>>>>>>>>>>>>>that crap

Originally Posted by Proshares

One thing I will say, some of you will dump on one writer as a source one week and then the next say how respectable they are.
I believe you're referring to me.

I've dumped on Woj before for having a slanted way of writing and poor sources, but I've never stated that he is making up his stuff from scratch like some people are lately. That's all I was trying to get at.

And the Clippers roster > the Nets roster (unless NJ rakes in a PF along with LBJ). It's almost like he fits in perfectly in LAC. They have every position filled with a quality player except SF.

PG- Baron
SG- Gordon
SF- Lebron
PF- Griffin
C- Kaman

919365c4181d8a115999ec0f425ab75663cf7361_r.gif

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Lebron does not want to share a city with Kobe.
I'm sure that's it... Nevermind the 14,000 other reasons he wouldn't/shouldn't play for the god damned Clippers...

the clippers roster is trash, is just a bunch of players put togther all who do the same thing and nothing else. other then scoring nobody in that starting line up plays D,rebounds, or creates shots for others

Baron and gordon=2 chuckers who play NO D
Blake=MAJOR question Mark
 kaman was there best player last year but that wanst saying much since everyone was hurt. but all he does is score also and nothing else

New Jersey was the third worst defensive team in the NBA last year. LAC was in the middle of the pack. So I don't get that argument.

as much as we heard about how much fish and kobe love each other and how important fish is to the lakers, i'm really shocked at what they're doing

lowballing fish is a mistake..i doubt he walks but it would be a sad sight if so

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You really think LeBron can become a billionaire in New York don't you?

The team wasn't his last year, buddy.
wink.gif
You think he can't?
I'm sorry but isn't part of the appeal of a team in how they present themselves?
This is the logic you're using: a president of operations who had a surgery and was in a wheelchair for a reason and the owner looking "frumpy". That is you're argument.
Again, why the hell do you guys care what the media says. I don't even read any of these update articles. %%%@ is pointless. You know these guys are just trying to make headlines.
Nah I was just commenting on the foolish NTers buying in to any and everything the media says.

I think the appeal of going to NYK to become a billionaire instead of somewhere else is a false one. His best baskebtall opportunity is where he should go. May he end up making more in NYK in the long-run? It's a possibility, but not a given.

I'm just going with what we know. We saw the Nets walking into the meeting looking very confident. We hear that Walsh was in a wheelchair, and apparently Donnie was scruffy. WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING THAT WENT DOWN INSIDE. Apparently, LeBron's meeting with NY was all based on the allure of getting lots of money in NYK, but what about winning? Amare? Amare and Gallo? Is that how you build a championship franchise?

I'm just building off of what little we get from the "sources."

There are some sources which you can count on, and some which you know to take lightly, somewhat like critics. You know who your favorite critics are, but they all aren't good, and you know how to evaluate what they say..

roll.gif

FYI
Confirmed numbers off summer league rosters for those of you that are making rookie roster updates, use these numbers so we don't have to edit them after downloading them.

Evan Turner 12

Larry Sanders 8
Darington Hobson 9
Tiny Gallon 23

Avery Bradley 0
Luke Harangody 55

Al-Farouq Aminu 3
Eric Bledsoe 12
Willie Warren ?

Xavier Henry 13
Greivis Vasquez 21

Jordan Crawford 55

De'Sean Butler ?
Jarvis Varnado ?
Dexter Pittman ?

Quincy Pondexter ?
Craig Brackins ?

Gordon Hayward 20
Jeremy Evans 40

DeMarcus Cousins 15
Hassan Whiteside 33

Andy Rautins 20
Landry Fields 4

Devin Ebanks 3
Derrick Caracter 4 - Ignore, Luke Walton's #

Daniel Orton 43
Stanley Robinson 25

Dominique Jones 20

Derrick Favors 14
Damion James 10

Paul George 24
Lance Stephenson 6
Magnum Rolle 15

Greg Monroe 10
Terrico White 23

Ed Davis ? -probably 32
Solomon Alabi ?

Patrick Patterson 54

James Anderson ?

Gani Lawal 31
Dwayne Collins 60

Cole Aldrich 45
Ryan Reid 42
Latavious Williams 21

Wesley Johnson 4
Lazar Hayward ?
Nikola Pekovic ?
Nemanja Bjelica ?
Paulo Prestes ?

Luke Babbitt 11
Armon Johnson 1
Elliot Williams 9

Ekpe Udoh 20, contrary to number 13 most believed he's wear

John Wall 2
Trevor Booker 35
Kevin Seraphin ?
Hamady Ndiaye 55

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

the clippers roster is trash, is just a bunch of players put togther all who do the same thing and nothing else. other then scoring nobody in that starting line up plays D,rebounds, or creates shots for others

Baron and gordon=2 chuckers who play NO D
Blake=MAJOR question Mark
 kaman was there best player last year but that wanst saying much since everyone was hurt. but all he does is score also and nothing else
Kaman > anyone on the Bulls not named Rose though

Originally Posted by JPZx

New Jersey was the third worst defensive team in the NBA last year. LAC was in the middle of the pack. So I don't get that argument.

That's how I see it.

New Jersey still is going to have the majority of their starting five next season unless they make more moves. Harris, Lee and Lopez.

Favors is just as big of a question mark as Blake Griffin. So, honestly there's not really THAT big of a difference between the two teams. Of course you have to worry about Davis being hurt all the time as well. I think what gives New Jersey the edge is being out East.

Source: Bosh-Raptors deal losing luster

Wherever Chris Bosh heads next, he'll likely have to do so on his own -- and at a slightly discounted rate.

The Toronto Raptors have become increasingly disenchanted with the idea of helping Bosh obtain a maximum contract via a sign-and-trade deal, according to a league source.

Because of the higher annual raises and additional year a "home" team can offer its own player, Bosh could make $125.5 million over six years if he re-signed with the Raptors and they moved him elsewhere; he could make $96.1 million over five years by signing outright with another team.

The difference in the first five years of the deal would amount to $4 million.

Sign-and-trades allow for players to obtain the most money while their old team benefits by at least getting some assets in return.

The right combination of players, manageable contracts, draft picks and a trade exception could have enticed the Raptors to accommodate Bosh.

The Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Cleveland Cavaliers and New York Knicks are believed to have submitted trade proposals for Bosh to the Raptors, and apparently none has impressed Toronto.

Bosh's Twitterization of the courting process, which included several tweets of anticipation leading up to the July 1 commencement of free agency, didn't sit well with the Raptors either, the source said.

Bosh met with the Rockets and Raptors at the onset of the free agent market and over the past two days met with the Miami Heat, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls at the Chicago office of his agent, Henry Thomas.

The philosophical change on the Raptors' part restricts Bosh's choices to the teams with sufficient salary cap space to offer a max contract: the Bulls, Clippers, Heat, Knicks and Nets.

It also hampers teams who hoped to acquire Bosh via trade while preserving their cap space to use on another player or players.

According to the source, Bosh, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are still intrigued by the possibility of all playing together, be it in Miami, Chicago or elsewhere.
Source

laugh.gif

I actually saw that coming... dude is finally getting attention and he's letting it get to his head
laugh.gif

I wish Wade and Bosh would say F you lebron if your not coming down here and sign already.

so that rumored bynum offer doesnt look so bad now i bet
laugh.gif

when bosh made his "list" the raptors should of seen that they would only get crap back in a S&T

Everyone should take all these articles with these "sources" with a grain of salt.

I'm not even tuning to ESPN or NBA TV or checking out NBA blogs until Monday to hear from LeBron himself.

i pray Lebron signs with a new team, id like to see a new team on ESPN/TNT every week instead of the horrible and boring Cavs.

It's gonna be so funny tonight and tomorrow

"Rumors say LeBron James tells family and friends he's heading to the ___ ____ _____ at bbq."

"James lights fireworks with _______ _______ jersey on, according to sources."

If it's true the Wade is on the fence because the Heat got rid of everybody, I'ma burn his house myself. Thee ONLY reason Riles gutted the roster was to make Wade happy & get him the players that Wade asked for.

Other top notch players will NOT commit to the Heat if they see Wade being noncommittal to the Heat.

Maybe D. Wade is an evil genius, and had Riley clear out everyone and never intended on staying. So he leaves Miami in shambles as he's playing every night in Chicago.

I don't blame Wade from being cautious, I just half expected Bosh to Miami to be a done deal, which I still think will happen and Wade will join him there.

Back
Top Bottom