* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

The more i think about the steve blake signing, the more disappointed i am
smh.gif

imo it was a pretty good move.  Fisher can play his 15-20 minutes, and we have someone reliable to put in when he gets tired.

IMO, people (certain fans) just don't want LeBron to the Nets of all teams. Yeah, we won 12 games last season, but an NBA team can turn around quickly.

Even if we don't get LeBron I think we'll be in good shape.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

smh.gif
Fisher helps you win five rings, and this is the thanks he gets.
roll.gif

I mean if Fisher was playing terrible, I'd understand, but..
smh.gif
Word to the worst PG in the NBA threads that pop up annually tho. 
laugh.gif
Fisher wins the Lakers one important playoff game a year so I think he should get at least get the MLE.

Get that money Rudy!!!

The Bucks look formidable. I like their lineup. I hope Andrew comes back healthy next season.

Whomever ever signs STAT needs to put a clause that says "you ain't getting none of it 'til you avg. 10-12 reb. and play a little defense".

smh.gif
Fisher helps you win five rings, and this is the thanks he gets.
roll.gif

I mean if Fisher was playing terrible, I'd understand, but..
smh.gif

im pretty sure EVERY gm in the league let out a sigh of relief when blake signed with the lakers smh.......its still like a nightmare to me... please remove the steve blake to lal in the title. it serves as a painful reminder
tired.gif

thats like putting up sergio rodriguez signs with the clippers
sick.gif

whats more sad is my fellow lakers fans getting hyped up for this signing like when they was hyped for shannon brown in the dunk contest.
sick.gif

its like being hyped up for signing mateen cleaves
tired.gif

^Take it easy. I didn't think I could hate Lakers fans more than I do but this "woe is me" *%%$!!%$ after you guys just won back-to-back and 3 straight finals appearances is disgusting. Give me a break! Steve Blake is a small cog on the Lakers machine. And 4/16m is not a bad contract at all.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

This is getting ridiculous.

Srsly.  Where is CP to make sense of all this?!?!?

One thing I will say, some of you will dump on one writer as a source one week and then the next say how respectable they are.

Carry on.

Word, the Lakers won the title 2 out of the past 3 years. 3 straight Finals appearences. They'll be ok, Blake or no Blake. Especially when 3/4ths of Lakers fans think Fisher is trash anyway. ...until he hits one or two big shots, and then they want a statue put out in front of Staples of him.

he can't win with gallo and amare and a better coach than mike brown the potato head?

the guy took freaking wally world to the finals.

Why in the hell would you go to a team that doesn't have a ROSTER?
You think LeBron can't get to the same spot that Cleveland roster got him in the playoff this year? Who was the #2 in Cle? Jamison? Williams?
laugh.gif

You're talking like every roster out there amongst the teams going for Bron are better than the Knicks hands down.

any and every team lebron goes to will become a contender INSTANTLY. and yes a core of chandler/gallo/douglas/amare + Lebron > any cavs team ever and look how far he took them. Plus with currys contract coming off the books (no we wont go and sign melo) but the FLEXIBILITY is amazing and we can land another star or a couple of real good role players.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Word, the Lakers won the title 2 out of the past 3 years. 3 straight Finals appearences. They'll be ok, Blake or no Blake. Especially when 3/4ths of Lakers fans think Fisher is trash anyway. ...until he hits one or two big shots, and then they want a statue put out in front of Staples of him.
pretty much. there is no questions that fish is clutch when it is needed.

but this is the same guy we criticize game in and out during the regular season, and i can guarantee you it will happen again this season if he resigns.

fish is clutch as hell, but he is not a starting pg in this league. now all of a sudden we sign another pg to sure up that position, and its the end of the world. 3 peat possibility is gone because steve blake has signed
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ridiculous.

fact is jordan and shannon are likely gone, and we needed someone else.
if noble was our gm we might be a lottery team
laugh.gif

i can agree steve blake is nothing special, but come on.

Hundreds of Cavs fans are outside the IMG building w/signs the Cavs handed out.

I hope OC, Belle, my boy KillerJ get to meet eachother

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^Take it easy. I didn't think I could hate Lakers fans more
who gives a #**+ what you think.

like i give two @%#* if you hate laker fans or not. 

oh wow you hate laker fans. join the @%@%!+# club

"hate Lakers fans"

wow thats new
laugh.gif

maybe if you were use to your team winning you would want the best possible talent signed.

Quick thought: If Atlanta can afford a max deal for Joe Johnson, why wont they just go after D-Wade or James?

I mean they do have the best team out of the other teams in pursuit of these free agents and they have the most playoffs experience.

laugh.gif
grin.gif
at the Blake pickup. Perfect way to show appreciation for Fisher.

[h1]Knicks Want To Pair Parker With Amar'e[/h1]
Knicks looking to add Parker to play with Amare.

The Knicks are expected to try and pry Tony Parker away from the Spurs in order to pair him with Amar'e Stoudemire.
A person close to both players told the New York Daily News that Parker and Stoudemire have talked about playing together in either New York or Miami.

"It's perfect for Tony because he wants to be in New York and he wants to play with Amar'e," said the source.

The Knicks need a point guard to play with Stoudemire, who will reportedly finalize a huge contract with New York this weekend.

New York has contacted New Orleans about Chris Paul and there are free agent options such as Raymond Felton and Luke Ridnour.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...want_to_pair_parker_with_amare/#ixzz0sdQaSAcP

Originally Posted by mizzoe33

Quick thought: If Atlanta can afford a max deal for Joe Johnson, why wont they just go after D-Wade or James?

I mean they do have the best team out of the other teams in pursuit of these free agents and they have the most playoffs experience.
They were only able to offer him the max because they owned his bird rights, and would be able to go over the cap in order to sign him.  I think they have 8-9 million if JJ doesn't come back, but if he signs they'd be over the cap.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by mizzoe33

They were only able to offer him the max because they owned his bird rights, and would be able to go over the cap in order to sign him.  I think they have 8-9 million if JJ doesn't come back, but if he signs they'd be over the cap.
Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up.

According to the Indy Star, Indy is offering Farmar, Lowry, and Felton around 3.5M for one year. They like Farmar best, but really, Larry? 1yr 3.5M? Nobody is going to sign that. Everybody wants long term security

JA, if it was all about basketball and nothing else, tell me why LAC isnt being mentioned.

That's the best team, basketball wise.

Diddy-EG-Bron-Blake-Kaman

a bunch of spot up shooters on the bench (which fits lebron), tell me why he wouldnt go to LAC. because its not all about basketball. yes i agree, the knicks isnt exactly the best place for lebron, but when you have a offense, and players that were built just to fit your style (as much as i hate to admit it), you'd think he'd be to at least, be interested correct?

And another thing, Eddy Curry's expiring contract. Thats another, all star caliber player walking in. voila, that kind of team, can def. win it all depending on the pieces.

Back
Top Bottom