* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

it's obvious that there is an agenda and it's not a mystery why. during the last decade the knicks have been terrible both on and off the court. The zeke era included lawsuits not just bad teams. Dolan issue a draconian media policy. there were even reports of recorders and MSG reps following people around to watch what they said. That is the main reason why the media is omitting the knicks from getting ANY free agent and talking about stuff that has no bearing like donnie walsh in a wheel chair and dolan looking unkempt

the chirs coussard stuff is even easier to trace. he moved from ohio to NYC to work for the NY Times and got spewed out. he has been hating on the knicks for years.

it's not a conspiracy it's just pissed off people who view the knicks or the city doing them dirty. in some cases it's justified and in others it isn't

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Yes. Anything negative against the Knicks that one of these experts post ya'll are all for it, agreeing in every manner. All of a sudden an article pops up that in someway supports us OMG! let the hate come flying in.
You don't think that's a bit hypocritical?

This off-season, any time something negative is written against the Knicks y'all take it personal and lash out at the reporter. Any time something positive is written y'all praise it and say "yeah that makes a ton of sense!". Just take a stroll over to the NYK thread if you're not convinced.

Examples:

Broussard posts an article. Reaction: "Who the hell even cares what that guy says anyway? Dude's a certified idiot!" (Al and Blackmagnus)
Adrian Woj posts an article. Reaction: "Wow this dude HAS to have something against New York!!!!" (ehh and PauliePeppas)
Stephen A writes the positive article. Reaction: "Stephen A Smith thinking clearly
smokin.gif
(Zik)" "Stephen A making a lot of sense actually
smokin.gif
" (UrboysAris)

Just sayin. And I'm not trying to generalize the entire NYK fanbase because a lot of you over there are level-headed and know what you are actually talking about.

Why do you think I go into that thread on a daily basis? You can't make this #%!+ up
laugh.gif

I think Lebron will ultimately decide to stay in Cleveland. They still have a very good team and a new coach that's much more offensive minded than Mike Brown ever was. Lebron could continue to play semi-GM in Cleveland because every move they make will be asked for his approval. LeBron wants to championships, but at the end of the day, I can't imagine him winning one for a team like the Nets and holding the trophy over his head and not think about it being with Cleveland in the back of his mind.

Woj actually wrote that some of the reasons lebron won't come to NYC is that Dolan looked "frumpy" whatever the hell that means and that his team and him were off put by donnie in a freaking wheel chair. a wheel chair really man? that's not biased and unnecessary?

CMON

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I'm convinced these "reporters", rumors, and "sources" are just Knicks haters on the internet who are just aiding Knicks haters like Chris Broussard in some agenda to make us look as bad as we can.

Just look at some of yall. Buying in to anything you read. Just try to make sense of this Bosh and Wade both had good things to say about their meetings with the Knicks but somehow the dude we been waiting for since 2 years ago gets the unorganized and unprepared presentation?

REALLY?

IDIOTS.
LeBron's camp is saying that. You can say whatever you want, but it's not just some random dude on the internet who don't have a life.

Bucher can be iffy, but cats like Woj and Stein, I can respect for their journalism.

Seriously. If you're LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and you see who's on that roster in New York right now, what does NY have to pitch?

The Rooster is awesome, and Eddy is getting in shape!

GIVE ME A BREAK.

Knicks fans can talk about how smart James Dolan and Donnie is, but when it comes down to it, guys like LeBron will get their money regardless. And the numbers seem real faulty without any explanation that he can become a billionaire in NYK other than other places. Number one priority is getting the rings, and New Jersey, LAC, Miami, Chicago, and Miami even without a roster look better than NYK.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by NobleKane

can u imagine a team of amare, lebron, and carmelo next year? now THAT is what you would call an unbeatable team.

melo coming off the bench? because he sure as hell aint a 2

in dantoni's system? i think not

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

JPZ why is mike beasly your avy? if you explained it im sorry i havnt been on all day
Cuz dude's been gettin %#+@ on lately and I'd take him on my team any day
laugh.gif
.... although I'm pretty sure he hates Minnesota. He said it on that Rookie show back in '08.
laugh.gif

Seriously. If you're LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and you see who's on that roster in New York right now, what does NY have to pitch?
Uh, Andy Rautins?

Drafting him was huge in ultimately getting LeBron.

Huge.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

LeBron's camp is saying that. You can say whatever you want, but it's not just some random dude on the internet who don't have a life.

Bucher can be iffy, but cats like Woj and Stein, I can respect for their journalism.
Yall really be believing any dumb rumor from "LeBron's camp"

They were put off by Walsh in a wheelchair? You really believe that? You believe they said that? Or LeBron did?
Compared to Miami? New Jersey? Cleveland? Gallo > anybody on those 3 rosters currently. Outside of Chi who got a better roster among these contenders? So unless you saying all 3 are going to Chi what you talking about? You thinking one FA coming here won't improve the chances of one of the top 3 seeing NY as a better look? I already posted part of what NY had to pitch. For one, we have the best coach among all of these other suitors(given Riley doesn't become a coach) and a system LeBron loves. Go to the Knicks thread for the rest.

And why are you talking about Eddy Curry like he's going to be on the roster after next season (at the most)? Stop clowning with the sarcasm

And Chicago's roster has been overrated since Day 1 until they can clear up room for a 2nd max.
Noah, Gibson, Deng, LeBron & Rose?  
roll.gif
  They have no shooters and no inside scoring threat and have two twigs in the front court.  How far are you getting with that team?  They have no room to improve in the near future because of Deng's contract and they'll have to resign Noah and Rose to big extensions in the next three years.  Will Chicago's notoriously cheap front office do that?

Plus without a 2nd max slot Wade & Bosh pair up in Miami, that puts LBJ's Bulls behind Orlando, Boston and Miami - with little room to improve in the next three years.  Yeah, have fun with that LeBron.

Tom Penn-

"it's about the next ten years not the next ten months" .. nobody's roster is significantly better than ours in the long run because we have curry's money. chicago is the only team with a better roster as of today

oh what about the nets? say it with me. TWELVE WINS. if the knicks had 1 wins you guys would be saying he's going there over jersey. give me a !@##!%$ break. amazing cores don't win 12 games.

i just hope bron isn't as shortsighted as most of you

^But if we sign only LeBron, we have a ton of extra cap space to work around with. We'd be 13-15 mil under the cap going into next season. Again, Rose and Noah don't matter because they are free to resign regardless of the salary cap.

I'm not saying we are, because I don't think it's happening. I'm actually rational, unlike many Knicks fans. Many of yall actually think the media matters in this situation. It's quite comical.

Compared to Miami? New Jersey? Cleveland? Gallo > anybody on those 3 rosters currently. Outside of Chi who got a better roster among these contenders? So unless you saying all 3 are going to Chi what you talking about? You thinking one FA coming hear won't improve the chances of one of the top seeing NY has a better look? I already posted part of what NY had to pitch. Go to the Knicks thread for the rest.

And why are you talking about Eddy Curry like he's going to be on the roster after next season (at the most)? Stop clowning with the sarcasm

laugh.gif

Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, Michael fricking Beasley, Varejao/Jamison?

Plus, Gallinari is ONE DUDE. Okay Wilson Chandler, but NJN's are vastly superior, Beasley >> Gallo+Chandler, and the entire team CLE has right now > Gallo+Chandler, oh and Andy too.
roll.gif

Hey if I'm LeBron, Bosh, or Wade, I don't want to mess around with any of my time in my new situation. I go a situation where I don't have to wait for clowns to develop like Gallinari. Go to New Jersey, go to Chicago, where there are guys who are established position players. Eddy Curry is going to be on the team next year, and if Amare joins, that's cool and all, but is a core of Amare and Bron/Wade going to get it done? And if JJ goes there, there's no hope for NYK at all, because that's like 2004 or 2005 or whatever all over again, sans Steve Nash or Shawn Marion in his prime.

They were put off by Walsh in a wheelchair? You really believe that? You believe they said that? Or LeBron did?

If I see Walsh in a wheelchair, and Dolan's scrubbie-+$@ look, I'm not too enthused compared to the prowless in the Russian owner. Did you see those cats walking into the LeBron meeting Thursday? They looked suave.

Clean. I'm sorry, but just based purely on the presentation of how you look, it could mean a whole hell of a lot.

Compared to Miami? New Jersey? Cleveland? Gallo > anybody on those 3 rosters currently.

LOL.

Brook Lopez >>> NT's Highly Appraised "Rooster"
Noah, Gibson, Deng, LeBron & Rose?  
roll.gif

Only an idiot would laugh/scoff at that starting lineup.

Not to mention I still believe wherever Bron goes he's bringing Joe Johnson OR a high caliber PF with him. Could be Boozer if Amare is already committed to NY or even Bosh despite recent reports saying that he is linked with Wade from here on out.
How far are you getting with that team?
That team alone reached the playoffs this past season. I'm pretty sure if they add Lebron freaking James to the mix they might go a little further... Just a hunch.
grin.gif

And let's not for a minute underestimate what Lebron could or could not think. We all witnessed how salty he was when D-Wade won the MVP in the All-Star game and not him, we all saw him not shake hands with the Magic players two years ago, etc. We all know this dude's antics. Now those things might have been blown out of proportion... but dude seems like he's not the greatest/nicest dudes in the world so I could see him being shallow enough to actually be thinking like what Woj reported (Walsh- wheelchair, Dolan- frumpy). I don't know, just my opinion.

Maybe Woj heard that "underwhelmed by NY" thing from someone and the person who told him it was lying, but there's no way that Woj just made that up out of the clear blue. No reporter/journalist could make it this far in the business and do that.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^But if we sign only LeBron, we have a ton of extra cap space to work around with. We'd be 13-15 mil under the cap going into next season. Again, Rose and Noah don't matter because they are free to resign regardless of the salary cap.

That is true, but the FA field is starting to look less and less impressive.  Mike Miller + Bron to LBJ is probably the Bulls' best-case scenario if they don't free up the 2nd slot.

JPZx wrote:

Maybe Woj heard that "underwhelmed by NY" thing from someone and the person who told him it was lying, but there's no way that Woj just made that up out of the clear blue. No reporter/journalist could make it this far in the business and do that.

how the !@*% are you going to say something like that after the literally dozens of contradicting reports in the last week

t

Originally Posted by JPZx

How far are you getting with that team?
That team alone reached the playoffs this past season. I'm pretty sure if they add Lebron freaking James to the mix they might go a little further... Just a hunch.
grin.gif

They lost two straight years as the 8 seed.
roll.gif

That "great core" has never won a single playoff series.  It's the cotdamn NBA, half the league makes the playoffs.  SMH @ acting like being a .500 team and sneaking in as the 8th seed is some big selling point.

That Bulls team good enough to get past Orlando or a "superteam" in the East of Bosh/Wade?

-Poor sources.
-People close to Lebron telling for example Woj something just because they know Woj would write a story on it, swaying the public's opinion, etc.

No one is making up things. I think I said that once on here when I was almost passed out drunk after I got home from the bar, but I wasn't myself.
laugh.gif
... no journalist is making up anything. It's just bad sources or people using the journalists.

And Chicago's roster has been overrated since Day 1 until they can clear up room for a 2nd max.

Noah, Gibson, Deng, LeBron & Rose? They have no shooters and no inside scoring threat and have two twigs in the front court. How far are you getting with that team? They have no room to improve in the near future because of Deng's contract and they'll have to resign Noah and Rose to big extensions in the next three years. Will Chicago's notoriously cheap front office do that?

smh.gif

Noah is one of the best true bigs out there right now. It's a short list, and he's on it.

You know DAMN well if the Bulls get someone of superstar caliber (Bron, Wade, Bosh), they have a group of second-tier guys ready to go get since they have so much cap space.

Rose
Deng
Bron
David Lee
Joakim Noah

Sounds like a lot better than any other team can offer up, except for potentially the Nets.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Noah, Gibson, Deng, LeBron & Rose? They have no shooters and no inside scoring threat and have two twigs in the front court. How far are you getting with that team? They have no room to improve in the near future because of Deng's contract and they'll have to resign Noah and Rose to big extensions in the next three years. Will Chicago's notoriously cheap front office do that?

smh.gif

Noah is one of the best true bigs out there right now. It's a short list, and he's on it.

One post you say Varejao and Beasley are better than Gallinari, now you're moving up to Noah being one of the best bigs in the league? 
laugh.gif

I knew I shouldn't have entered this thread.

Back
Top Bottom