* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by h3at23

Amare to NYK was from a fake twitter account. That's why I always say you should know for sure who ur following
You were following him. That's how I came to follow him.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Steve Cash aka Billy Hoyle aka Mateen Cleaves...
Fits the bill.
roll.gif

And I would like MM on the Lakers.

He'd look ugly in the jersey, but I think he'd work well.

Rox using Battier, Scola, and Ariza to dangle in a S+T.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd want Scola and Battier THERE if I wanted to go to Houston.

Ariza potentially too.

Brooks
Kevin Martin
?
Bosh/Amare
Yao

They would be able to score, but defense would be iffy. I'd want guys like Scola/Battier on that team if they wanted to make some serious noise.

Amare is going to struggle if he has a PG like Brooks too.

Battier is a great glue guy, but he's in the last year of his deal. Ariza is the SF of the future, so he should stay in any potential deal. Definitely both won't be shipped off, because a signed Scola + Battier/Ariza will be close or basically match what Bosh/Amare would make.

Scola is tough and gritty, but he's not on the same level as Amare or Bosh.

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i think mike miller aint that good. all he can do is shoot. i rather have tmac or ray allen. im glad they set a deadline. dude aint gonna sign cuz hes gonna be too busy washing lebron's car tonight

i think McGrady would be a great move for LA, Mike Miller is done IMO, he wasn't even that great of shooter this past season and if dude loses that, he can't bring anything else to the table - he isn't mobile anymore and I think the Lakers need more than just a shooter coming off that bench. That's why I think TMac would be the best fit, it could be a bust move or a home-run for LA.
I don't think Ray Allen would even contemplate coming to the Lakers after battling against them these recent years + he has always disliked Kobe. I think he will stay with Boston.

i agree on everything you said. about tmac. if the lakers are willing to gamble on bynum then they can gamble on tmac. worst case is he goes down with an injury but we won the title this year with a horrible bench so yea...

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by h3at23

Amare to NYK was from a fake twitter account. That's why I always say you should know for sure who ur following
You were following him. That's how I came to follow him.

What are you talking about? This was reported to be the fake account http://twitter.com/BenjaminHochma & I have NEVER followed that account. Sorry

nuggetsnews

good lord, someone made a FAKE twitter for me and other journalists.. @BenjaminHochma is NOT me

KBerg_CBS

THIS IS FAKE RT @BenjaminHochma: We have sources confirming that Amare has accepted a deal with the #NY #Knicks #NBA #FreeAgent

Gotta dangle one of the young PFs (Hill or Patterson) and the Knicks picks with Scola and Ariza to fetch Bosh or Amare.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Battier is a great glue guy, but he's in the last year of his deal. Ariza is the SF of the future, so he should stay in any potential deal. Definitely both won't be shipped off, because a signed Scola + Battier/Ariza will be close or basically match what Bosh/Amare would make.

Scola is tough and gritty, but he's not on the same level as Amare or Bosh.
How much money is Scola looking to make next year?

I mean for it to work, the Suns/Raptors would have to really want a long-term deal for Scola. But how much are they really willing to pay?

Double sign-and-trades are tricky to work out, since both guys have to know before hand what's going on, how much to be paid, where you're going, etc.

If it's only going to be Scola and Ariza/Battier, Scola would have to make damn near 12-14 million on a long-term contract. That does not sound sexy at all. You add on too many other contracts, and you start tampering with what would be attractive to an incoming Amare/Bosh. Jared Jeffries wouldn't be able to be moved unless they felt like taking on a crappy contract. Jeffries may be useful towards the end of next year, but not to a team who's looking to trade their superstar right NOW.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

LamarOwnsem said:

i think mike miller aint that good. all he can do is shoot. i rather have tmac or ray allen. im glad they set a deadline. dude aint gonna sign cuz hes gonna be too busy washing lebron's car tonight
If you don't want Miller because all he can do is shoot, then why do you want Allen? And McGrady hasn't proven anything for us to consider signing him.

My exact thoughts. Ray Allen might a little more valuable than Mike right now but he is getting really old and a long term deal with him is kind of risky. A lot of Allen's game is running around and getting around screens and what not; I don't how much longer he can keep it up. Plus, he can't dribble or drive to save his life.

Mike Miller is done but TMac isn't? Lulz.

And with the way the market has been set, do you really think we could afford Ray Allen or how much money Tracy thinks he's worth?

Mike Miller seems like the best option for the money.

Besides, McGrady is done. I wouldn't feel good at all if he signed with us.

You're going off his rep as just a shooter. He's a capable ball handler, solid rebounder and a good passer.
This. The other parts of Mike Miller's game are underrated.

Gotta dangle one of the young PFs (Hill or Patterson) and the Knicks picks with Scola and Ariza to fetch Bosh or Amare.
See then I start to question, is Brooks, Martin, Battier, and Yao (who's a GIANT question mark), enough to lure a Bosh or Amare?

If Yao goes down, or isn't ready by seasons start, what happens then?

Battier is making like 7M and Ariza nearly 7M.

Max deal for these dudes start off at 16.6 I believe. Scola starting at 9M per or so, which is more than reasonable taking into account his production, and the team will get a starting PF back to fill the void, is a succesful trade. And that's not including picks.

Something's gotta give somewhere, regardless with Houston.

PF Scola - Hill - Patterson
SF Battier - Ariza - Chase

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I would just like to go on record and say that I fully expect Amir Johnson to be a value at ~$7 million per.
Yeah I agree, I've ALWAYS liked his potential. Sounds stupid, but I felt like if he gets the opporutnity, he'll start to shine. Not 20/10 type shine, but enough of a shine where he'll be extremely great pickup for someone. I think he'll sprout now that Bosh is gone.

Or, will be, hopefully, probably, most likely, maybe...

No Yao = the Rockets were still basically a .500 team. Amare or Bosh should only help the cause if Yao is out, and further the cause if he's there.

And what it's really about JA, like you been saying, do these two want to leave 30M on the table.

ah so many things to say since the ban was lifted lol....how in the world does drew gooden get that money?  5 years with that guy? ouch.. if lebron and amare go to the knicks they will basically have a poor mans cleveland cavs team of the last 2 years... i mean i guess if you guys like 2nd round exists then thats fine

Max deal for these dudes start off at 16.6 I believe. Scola starting at 9M per or so, which is more than reasonable taking into account his production, and the team will get a starting PF back to fill the void, is a succesful trade. And that's not including picks.

I suppose, but we all know Bosh really wants to go to Dallas instead.
wink.gif
(Not really,
laugh.gif
)

Something odd is happening out in Dallas.... Dirk says he's coming to Dallas, then he goes to NYK to hang out with Steve Nash, and Kidd is supposed to meet-up with Dirk to have dinner, then Dirk flies out to Dallas before Kidd gets there....

nerd.gif
, I don't like it. At all.
laugh.gif

No Yao = the Rockets were still basically a .500 team. Amare or Bosh should only help the cause if Yao is out, and further the cause if he's there.

And what it's really about JA, like you been saying, do these two want to leave 30M on the table.
Um, if it's a S+T, they still get the max money. Am I missing something? My point was if Yao is out, does Amare/Bosh make them a contender? No? Then why would either want to a S+T there?

Drew was awesome for us last year and was hoping we'd look into re-acquiring him, but looks like that's not happening.

I wonder if Mavs will look into Gortat again. We know they love him.

Oh Chris you tease!

Do the math. We have 10 maximum-salary slots among the free-agent contenders: three for Miami, two for Chicago, New York and New Jersey, and one for the Clippers.

We have 10 players who are max-contract candidates: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce, Amare Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson, David Lee and Rudy Gay.

Seems like a perfect match of supply and demand so far. However, Pierce and Nowitzki are almost certain to return to their former teams. Gay already has committed to return to Memphis, and Johnson appears close to returning to Atlanta.

Now we have six players for 10 slots. If LeBron returns to Cleveland, that makes five. And we haven't discussed the possibility of Boozer, Stoudemire or Bosh being signed-and-traded to a team already over the cap -- a real possibility given the lucrative sixth year they can add on their deals in such an arrangement.

If all that happens, that means it's possible only Wade and Lee (by re-signing six-year deals with their current teams) would eat up max-salary slots from one of the teams with cap space.

Which would leave about $120 million in cap space out on the market, chasing a bunch of players who aren't worth anywhere near that type of money.

Think about it. After those players, who's next on the list? Luis Scola? Raymond Felton? John Salmons? Josh Childress? Ray Allen?

Whoever it was that said they hate the idea of teams gutting their roster for cap space, this is exactly why it's so ugly. Potentially 6/7 guys for 10 max contract spots...

Just another Northwestern grad winning. Daryl Morey is too smart for these other fools...
smh.gif

And whoever created those fake twitter accounts is a true genius. Great way to punish these journalists who just throw up crap all day.

Chris Bosh is truly something else... "someone is missing"
laugh.gif
at how the media will run with that
laugh.gif

EDIT: This had me cracking up.

2z6ggaf.png

What is Bleezys and Heem even talking about with Mike Miller not a good shooter this past season?

He was up there in 3pt% at 48% and shot 50% from the field last season.

It's easy to say he's not good because he was stuck in a terrible situation in Minnesota and also with the Wiz.

He'll be surrounded with better talent, far better coaching and he'll be a solid addition to the Laker team.

This only means either Sasha or Luke are on the move and if Mitch can get rid of one of em, then this would be an even better move.

Back
Top Bottom