* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Chris Bosh had an 'impressive and productive' meeting with the Heat on Thursday.

Miami offered a contract proposal to Bosh, but they were unable to secure an early commitment.

I haven't heard any news about Lee?
nerd.gif

At least KLJ got it.

I was worried that Mike's influence had spread to everybody.

I hope this is newsworthy
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

[h3]Heat still waiting on Wade and Bosh[/h3]

Pat Riley's plan, by any sense of the word, is ambitious.

He's not trying to land just one superstar free agent. He's trying to corner the market by landing all three.

After spending a year moving contracts and trying to get far enough under the cap to afford three superstars, Riley put the last phase in motion on Thursday.

Riley was in Chicago today where he met with Chris Bosh. The goal was to get a quick commitment from Bosh, and then turn that commitment into an agreement with Dwyane Wade. Once he locked up Wade and Bosh, he wanted to blow away LeBron James with those two commitments in a planned meeting with James in Cleveland on Friday.

As of Thursday night, Riley is going to Cleveland without any commitments. Sources say that while the Bosh meeting went well, he has yet to agree to a deal with the Heat. Bosh has already met with the Rockets and Nets and has a planned meeting with the Bulls on Friday.

Riley's inability to immediately lock up Bosh runs contrary to the loud rumblings all week that Bosh to the Heat was a virtual done deal. The consistent word for the past 48 hours was that Bosh wanted to get the process over quickly and that the Heat were his first choice. While that still may be the case, Thursday's events cast some haziness on the conventional wisdom.

Riley has a back-up plan. He met with Amare Stoudemire early Thursday morning, but he left the meeting without making an offer to Stoudemire.

As for Wade, he met with the Chicago Bulls for two hours on Thursday and then had a meeting with the Nets scheduled for Thursday night. While the overwhelming consensus has Wade re-signing with the Heat, the longer this process plays out, the more the Heat will start to sweat.

If Riley doesn't hear what he wants from LeBron on Friday (and all signs point to LeBron waiting until, at the very least, his meetings with the Bulls and Cavs are over on Saturday) or Bosh, the plan may change.

With Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay already off the board, the Heat don't want to be the team left without a significant free agent. If both Bosh and LeBron remain non-commital, sources say the Heat will try to sell Wade on pairing up with Stoudemire in Miami.

Amir Johnson getting paid... for like 6PPG last year
eek.gif

Word is the Lakers have offered Mike Miller a 5 year 30M deal

Supposedly the Lakers have offered 5 years 30 million dollar contract to Mike Miller, if he accepts then
smh.gif

Lakers gonna 3 peat SMH

Originally Posted by franchise3

Frye resigns with the Suns 5yr 25M

Nah it's 5 over 30. He was holding out for a better offer when they offered 25.

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67721/20100701/suns_up_offer_to_$30m_frye_accepts/[/h1]
[h1]Suns Up Offer To $30M, Frye Accepts[/h1]

Jul 01, 2010 10:49 PM EST

Frye_Channing_phx.jpg
The Suns increased their offer to Channing Frye from $25M over five seasons to $30M, which was accepted.

Frye had been holding out on accepting Phoenix's lesser offer underthe hope a team with cap space would strikeout on their prime targets.

RealGM Note: Frye agreed to a $3.8M deal last summer with the Suns over two seasons with an opt out after the first.

I feel like the Lakers should have 0 money to get guys.
smh.gif

We better hope for that dream team.

Originally Posted by JPZx

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67719/20100701/hawks_shopping_marvin_williams/[/h1]
[h1]Hawks Shopping Marvin Williams[/h1]

Jul 01, 2010 9:38 PM EST

Williams_Marvin_atl.jpg
The Hawks are shopping forward Marvin Williams, according to a report in the San Francisco Chronicle.

Golden State has contacted Atlanta about Williams and the Warriors could call the Rockets if Trevor Ariza and Shane Battier hit the trading block.

Meh....if Battier is really available Larry Riley is gonna go hard to get him since he's been talking about wanting an "experienced veteran". If so I just hope he doesn't go overboard, and the Warriors always find a way to mess it up.
sick.gif

I can't say the Frye deal is bad. He has proven that he works in that system in only his first year and is a top-7 rotation guy for the Suns/pseudo-starter. 6 mil a year seems right to me.

What in the blue hell are these teams doing? Gooden 32 million, Salmons 36 million, Frye 30 million, and now L.A. offering 30 million to MIKE MILLER? There is no way that they have that much don't they need to sign Phil and Fisher, and maybe Shannon?

I'm still confused why we spend so much that fast on Darko and Pekovic.

How AMIR JOHNSON GETTING PAID STILL?

Originally Posted by HOOD17

What in the blue hell are these teams doing? Gooden 32 million, Salmons 36 million, Frye 30 million, and now L.A. offering 30 million to MIKE MILLER? There is no way that they have that much don't they need to sign Phil and Fisher, and maybe Shannon?

I'm still confused why we spend so much that fast on Darko and Pekovic.

i dont understand why some people who dont watch certain players continue to complain when they never watch them play. Mike Miller is worth 30 mill and Lakers told him he has to accept it tonight. He knows and the lakers know he can get more money easily. Mike Miller is very good.

Anyways lakers would be using the MLE and i dont think Shannon is coming back.

Back
Top Bottom