* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

I really like the Thunder broadcast set-up.

The atmosphere in the building is poppin'.
pimp.gif

It must be nice to be an OKC fan,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

No worries, Celts keep that act up all year, I'll be done with them real quick.  But I suspect Ray and Rondo and Perk (even though injured) and them will settle KP and Paul down, and that will slow the others up a lil bit.  If not, good. 
happy.gif
wink.gif

But my interest is on whether Bron will keep that act up with the Heat.  I suspect he won't.  A, Wade and Bosh and Juwan, and some of the other vets don't strike me as clown arounds too much.  B, Bron should be real angry after the drama this year, my hope is he just comes in to kill everyone.  If he does that, I will give him all the credit you can ask for for knocking off the child play bull crap.  He can still do powder in the air, and pregame ritual hugs or whatever teammates do, but all that other stuff gotta go.  No player bowling on the bench, holding each other sideways, come on. 
eyes.gif
  I think, THINK he will be more serious this year and that will help them out when it hits the fan later in the year. 
yea i agree. i hope we see a real mature and focused team in lebron and the heat. none of the dumb %%!+ cavs were doing. the only guys i see on the heat that might be like that are lebron and wade and i hope they really  are pissed so they can just be all about business.

the dissapointment i had for lebron is wearing off quick.
laugh.gif

as for the celtics they been doing dumb %%!+ since last year. remember the youtube videos? the only thing is is the tv camera didnt make it a public display all that much like for the cavs...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by CP1708

No worries, Celts keep that act up all year, I'll be done with them real quick.  But I suspect Ray and Rondo and Perk (even though injured) and them will settle KP and Paul down, and that will slow the others up a lil bit.  If not, good. 
happy.gif
wink.gif

But my interest is on whether Bron will keep that act up with the Heat.  I suspect he won't.  A, Wade and Bosh and Juwan, and some of the other vets don't strike me as clown arounds too much.  B, Bron should be real angry after the drama this year, my hope is he just comes in to kill everyone.  If he does that, I will give him all the credit you can ask for for knocking off the child play bull crap.  He can still do powder in the air, and pregame ritual hugs or whatever teammates do, but all that other stuff gotta go.  No player bowling on the bench, holding each other sideways, come on. 
eyes.gif
  I think, THINK he will be more serious this year and that will help them out when it hits the fan later in the year. 
yea i agree. i hope we see a real mature and focused team in lebron and the heat. none of the dumb %%!+ cavs were doing. the only guys i see on the heat that might be like that are lebron and wade and i hope they really  are pissed so they can just be all about business.

the dissapointment i had for lebron is wearing off quick.
laugh.gif

as for the celtics they been doing dumb %%!+ since last year. remember the youtube videos? the only thing is is the tv camera didnt make it a public display all that much like for the cavs...

Naw, Wade might kid around with the guys off the court in the locker room etc., but on the court during game time it's strictly business.

I'm with you on hoping Bron is focused & matured. I believe he will.

[h1]Magic, Mavericks Flirted With Trading For Arenas[/h1]

Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas has looked lost this preseason and has mentioned "moving on" while talking to the press.

Ken Berger of CBS Sports reports that the Magic and Mavericks flirted with the idea of trading for Arenas this summer.

The framework of a trade that would have sent Arenas to Orlando in exchange for Vince Carter was discussed, but the cost and length of the former's contract caused Magic general manager Otis Smith to pass on the deal.

Dallas also thought about pursuing Arenas, but nothing materialized.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...lirted_with_trading_for_arenas/#ixzz11sAW3KlG

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Antonio MyDyess: This is My Last Season[/h1]

Before battling injuries, the Spurs forward was one of the most explosive bigs in the game. Here’s to a very solid career and class act. From the San Antonio Express-News: “Veteran big man Antonio McDyess, the Spurs’ oldest player at age 36, said he doesn’t plan to play past this season. ‘I didn’t know what to expect when they signed me (in 2009), and I’m glad to be back,’ McDyess said, ‘but I think this is it. I’m the oldest player (on the Spurs) now, and I feel like it. I’m not trying to see any more years. I’m pretty sure this is it. My body just can’t take it. I’m not Juwan Howard. I can’t believe he’s still out there, even though he is in great shape.’

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So Pat Riley SAID this? When did he SAY this? That is messed up man - http://www.realgm.com/src...placement_for_spoelstra/

Calm down. He didn't say that. It came from a small part of an artical where Wojo said that. Which was rumored since before Spo was the coach & Riles step down as coach that Rivers might be his choice.

[h1]Rivers eyes staying power with Celtics[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

Oct 8, 3:25 pm EDT

For the longest time, there’s been a belief that Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers planned to stay on the job until the Big Three had grown too old, until this champion run completed. He would return to his Florida home, reboot a season with a TV job and thrust himself onto the market as the NBA’s most desirable coaching candidate. Rivers could pick his contender, name his price.

And that could’ve come with the Miami Heat, with a team president, Pat Riley, whom sources say has Rivers at the top of his list should he ever choose to replace young coach Erik Spoelstra. In the final season of a contract that’ll pay him $6.5 million this season, Rivers came to the preseason with something else on his mind: Why would he ever want to leave general manager Danny Ainge, who gives him so much trust and talent, and an ownership that’s gone so deep into the luxury tax in this championship arms race?

1286566366.jpg

Doc Rivers could want to keep coaching the Celtics even after Paul Pierce retires.
(Getty Images)

Rivers doesn’t want to discuss a contract extension, doesn’t want to think much about tomorrow with so much on the line now. And yet, the prospect of staying a career Celtics coach has never resonated so strongly with him.

“Two years ago, I didn’t have that thought,

wojo has been terrible since the off season started. he didn't used to write all these garbage speculation articles

Why does everyone keep saying Dallas is a contender in the West?  The only two teams that are contenders are Lakers, and Portland.  TNT giving Dallas too much credit.

Originally Posted by JDiddy

Why does everyone keep saying Dallas is a contender in the West?  The only two teams that are contenders are Lakers, and Portland.  TNT giving Dallas too much credit.

huh?

Dallas >>>>> Portland

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Dallas >>>>> Portland
Portland has a better chance to beat LA then Dallas.

im sorry but Portland is not that good, i just dont see it anymore. They got a nice squad but they will never amount to anything other than making the playoffs and making a first round exit. they cant and wont do anything IMO.

Back
Top Bottom