* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by 23bryan

DeMarcus Cousins Takes a Shot at Favors

Cuz’s personality is as big as his game. And he’s out to show that he’s the most skilled, physical (and motivated) big man in this crop of rookies. From Marc Spears: “‘I believe everything happens for a reason,’ Cousins said. ‘But I can’t wait to play them because I’m going at their necks, especially the big that got picked before me.’ That ‘big’ is Georgia Tech power forward Derrick Favors(notes), who was selected by the Nets third overall. Favors was the only post player selected among the top four picks. Considering the Nets’ most heralded player is center Brook Lopez, drafting another true center like Cousins didn’t make sense for the team’s needs. After Cousins scored 16 points and grabbed 16 rebounds in his preseason debut against Phoenix, he couldn’t help but chuckle to himself when he learned Favors had four points and one rebound in 13 minutes against Philadelphia earlier that night. ‘I’m trying to see what’s so special,’ Cousins said of Favors. ‘…I guess that’s what they really needed on their team. I really don’t know. I feel I was the best big to come out of college. For another big to get picked before me, I have a problem with that.

via Slamonline

Good little rivalry maybe.

Really hard to compare a young Thunder team to the early 2000 Kings. I guess taking the Lakers to 7 games is kind of like the Kings taking the Lakers to 5 games when they first met in the playoffs. The Thunder is still really young and they can possibly be better than that 2002 Kings team, but I'm sure there is no rush right now as well. Step-by-step.

Kobe will retire someday too. Getting over the "hump" should be easier without him in the way.

Reke-DMC will be trouble in a couple of years as well.
smile.gif

Bye Chris, in a few years
laugh.gif

George Shinn was set to sell a majority share of the Hornets to local billionaire Gary Chouest, but the deal has reportedly fallen through.

"Chouest didn't step up," a league source said. "He's not going to buy the team from George. It looks as if George will have to hold onto it."

The Hornets' ownership situation figures to have long-term implications for the team's attempt to surround Chris Paul with talent and keep him with New Orleans.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...hornets_to_chouest_falls_apart/#ixzz11zurRqSN

A lot of people hot tonight.

Barbosa 7/12 with 16 points, Delonte West with 11 on 5/7, Nate Robinson with 13 on 5/9, Marquis with 11 on 5/6, Peja 7/10 for 20, gortat 7/7 for 15, ryan anderson 6/8 for 23, jj redick 5/11 for 22, rashard 9/11 for 23.

Ryan Anderson, JJ Redick, and Rashard all with 20+,
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Man I feel bad for Barbosa. I feel there is nothing he can really bring Toronto because there in rebuild mode. But as I'm sure Barbosa will e professional about it though. Hopefully he isn't in Toronto all year, he could be some help to some teams I just don't know which ones. Anyone have any info about his contract?

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Man I feel bad for Barbosa. I feel there is nothing he can really bring Toronto because there in rebuild mode. But as I'm sure Barbosa will e professional about it though. Hopefully he isn't in Toronto all year, he could be some help to some teams I just don't know which ones. Anyone have any info about his contract?
He's making $7.1 this season, then next year has a player option for $7.6.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

That's not bad. I think a team that is on the rise or that is contending for a title could use him. I'm still shocked how the Suns front office traded him. It's crazy how Nash is the only guy left from that 04 roster.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

That's not bad. I think a team that is on the rise or that is contending for a title could use him. I'm still shocked how the Suns front office traded him. It's crazy how Nash is the only guy left from that 04 roster.
Those who keep up with the Suns know how terrible Barbosa is.  Lowest IQ in the history of the NBA.
sick.gif

That might be a little overboard with the exaggeration on poor bball IQ now...lol. Injuries have been bad on him, but when healthy, he does offer a good dose of quick offense off the bench.

The Los Angeles Lakers may be the two-time defending NBA champs, but they are starting off the season with a difficult task: win some games without the help of Kobe Bryant(notes) and Andrew Bynum(notes).

"Kobe Bryant still is trying to get his right knee stronger after having surgery in July," the Los Angeles Times reports. "Andrew Bynum hasn't begun to practice after surgery on his right knee." Bynum could be out till late November or December.

Coach Phil Jackson said that Bynum and Bryant likely won't be ready to go when the season kicks off. "So we have to bring up the game and have a concept on how we want to play the game. That will be done during these next preseason games in the next week and a half."

Kobe Bryant won't be ready for season opener - Scoop Du Jour - NBA* - Yahoo! Sports

^
Naw, so far everything seems normal on NT for me.  Yuku's buggin, people hyping the Blazers a few pages back, JA breakin out the preseason stats like crazy, yeah, same ol same ol for me. 
laugh.gif

When yall post, do you get a white screen almost every time after? When I post I have to go back through and reload S&T every single time. Annoying.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

When yall post, do you get a white screen almost every time after? When I post I have to go back through and reload S&T every single time. Annoying.

yup. been going on for like the last month

Every
Single
Time
sick.gif

I've learned to copy everything before I post though, cuz I never know if it will stay or not.  When people hit refresh, that's where they are getting the double posts though, you just have to re-enter like you said, and it usually will start over fresh, just takes longer is all.
30t6p3b.gif
  (Now highlights, ctrl+C.....)

Originally Posted by CP1708

Every
Single
Time
sick.gif

I've learned to copy everything before I post though, cuz I never know if it will stay or not.  When people hit refresh, that's where they are getting the double posts though, you just have to re-enter like you said, and it usually will start over fresh, just takes longer is all.
30t6p3b.gif
  (Now highlights, ctrl+C.....)

Yeah, same here. I learned my lesson so copy & paste is mandatory.

MY FONTS ARE HUGE 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Naw, so far everything seems normal on NT for me.  Yuku's buggin, people hyping the Blazers a few pages back, JA breakin out the preseason stats like crazy, yeah, same ol same ol for me. 
laugh.gif
Hey man, I'm not a huge baseball guy, Niners suck, NHL no one talks about, so I gotta have SOMETHING to talk about.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

That might be a little overboard with the exaggeration on poor bball IQ now...lol. Injuries have been bad on him, but when healthy, he does offer a good dose of quick offense off the bench.

No I'm serious.. he's too fast for his own good. 

I understand the concept behind them, but like I said in the Lebron VIII thread those "Pre-Heat", "Miami Vice" or whatever you want to call them are garbage.

NBA TV is showing preseason games all week.
pimp.gif

This is by far the best time of the year for a sports fan:

- MLB Playoffs
- New NBA Season
- New NHL Season
- College Football
- NFL

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom