* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

He's right in terms of his contract... He knows its a business & with a contract like that, he'll try to be moved. Especially with the direction the team is going.

"I lost all feeling a long time ago"

ohwell.gif

Its tough to hear Gil talk like that... I miss the days where he & the other Wizards players were comedy off the court. 
tired.gif

Gil has given up...

People always call Player X or Player Y soft... This dude is the definition of Charmin soft IMO...

Great to see Dream working with D12

.....and great to see Yao playing. This mean he is playing against the Lakers home opener?

Oh @#$%  Nas, you already got this vid in here.  What the.....why.....Man, @#$% I got friggin Yuku'd or somethin, everytime I look at the page it said Dirk was the last post, and when i was in here earlier that @#$% wasn't in here. 
30t6p3b.gif

Well, this was what I was thinkin in the other thread Carlos started. 

CP1708 wrote:

Awesome vid, serious, why Dream doesn't have a full time job yet is beyond me.  I would be sending all my bigs to him.  

You could see though (or at least, I took it this way) how technical Hakeem is the way he would bank all his shots, Howard didn't really do that, he would still shoot straight at the rim.  To me, that's a fundamental thing that Dwight will need to learn if he truly wants to grow where we all expect him to be.  Maybe I'm nitpicking, but that could be a big difference over the course of a year/career etc etc. 

NBA GM's survey 2010-2011

--The Dallas Mavericks’ Dirk Nowitzki (29 percent) and Lakers’ Pau Gasol (29 percent) finished tied as the best power forward in the league, replacing the San Antonio Spurs’ Tim Duncan, who had been selected as the best at his position for the past eight years.

Pau
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'd take a few forwards ahead of Dirk including Pau.

Damn, that move that Dwight makes at the 25 second mark is EXACTLY like the one he did at the end of the vid with Hakeem. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  The up and under reverse he does coming into the camera. 

For the first time, Deron Williams (50 percent) of the Utah Jazz was voted as the top point guard in the league, overtaking the New Orleans Hornets’ Chris Paul (36 percent).
30t6p3b.gif

The Magic’s Dwight Howard was voted best defensive player (78 percent).
How is that not 100%?

The Heat’s James (68 percent) was named the best small forward.
32% are morons.

roll.gif
@ taking a few PF's ahead of Dirk..

Dirk on the Lakers would be silly.

Oh and that Nate Robinson/Rajon Rondo video,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

roll.gif
@ taking a few PF's ahead of Dirk..

Dirk on the Lakers would be silly.

Oh and that Nate Robinson/Rajon Rondo video,
laugh.gif
Hell to the na about Dirk on LA. I'll keep Pau thank you very much.

I'd rather not have my PF floating on the perimeter. No slight against Dirk, but his style isn't for me.

Dude got his #*+ knocked out of the first round 3 of the past 4 years. He put up shiny numbers but that got him nowhere. Pau's ability to play the 4 and 5>Dirk's shooting ability. Pau finally devoted himself to strength and conditioning when he got traded to LA. Allowed him to survive in the paint against the NBA's elite big men. Give me a big guy who actually plays like a big guy.

I'm no where near with the "a few" before Dirk, but I can see the guys point with the PF on the perimeter.  That point, I am ok with. 

Pau, Dirk, Dirk Pau, whatever. 

In LA, I think Pau is the better fit.  Dirk couldn't cover for Bynum like Pau does, Pau can play with Bynum or Odom SEAMLESS.  Dirk could not do that.  So I get THAT argument. 

But Pau couldn't do anything close to what Dirk has done in terms of being the face of a franchise and get 50 wins for a decade.  Pau failed in the playoffs with Memphis, Dirk almost did get a ring.  He's had plenty of failures in the postseason, but he almost did get one.  And he went thru Tim to almost get it.  Can't knock that at all. 

But for this LA team, no way Dirk would be an upgrade for them over Pau.  Just not happening, not a good fit. 

hold on ex,

Dirk is PROBABLY the best non-American player ever (inclu. Pau)...

So as much as I AGREE that Pau is the best PF in the league all around, I gotta say Dirk would make a better Robin to Kobe's Batman role. Dirk + Kobe would be un-effing-stoppable.. let's just be real.. Dirk as a SECOND scoring option...behind BEAN?!?
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
[/Heat]

Back
Top Bottom