* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Al3xis wrote:
Riiiiiiiiight, ya know, cuz he's 8 for 8 7 for 7 in not winning a title, I sound so stupid don't I? 

So would you have said the same about Jordan after 6 years? Shaq after 7 years?

Kryptonite, sure.

Heat won't win 6 straight. They can run off 3 in a row but anything after that is a huge reach. Overall, though, when it's all said and done..IMO..3's the bare minimum to garner praise, 4 should be the expectation, 5 is certainly doable. Anything less = big failure and a huge waste.

Damn, has it only been 7 years? 
laugh.gif
  Well then for that I am stupid, sorry bout that.  

Of Jordan and Shaq fans ran around hysterically tellin me that the next 12 titles were locked up, yeah, I woulda been ALL OVER THAT.  If you think I am any different now then I was when they was comin up, you bein silly. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I crapped all over Jordan all I could, then he grew up, then there was nothin I could say anymore. 

Maybe that'll happen with Chosen One, maybe it won't, we'll see.  So far, the dude is Championship Kryptonite, so I can use that all I want, can't anybody correct it yet. 

Mike, naw they don't gotta do nothin in a row, Tim got 4, 4 is 4.  I don't care about in a row or with a bow or none of that.  Will it be brought up though?  I think so.  I've pointed out before that Dunc and Bird never won back to back, it is something to at least mention, but if he can rattle off a couple rings, you can't take that away from him. 

For the Heat, 1 title off these guys = success really.  A title is a title.  But in terms of careers for these dudes, if Bron walks away with only 1 after all the bs I done put up with the past 7 years from his fans and the media, 
30t6p3b.gif
  that's no good.  If he can pull 2 or more *shrugs* well at least the Chosen One got something done.  But I'm sorry, he'll be 26 by the time the playoffs roll around this season, and 26 with high miles too (something nobody wants to talk about)  The time for him to get into that upper stratosphere of 4-5-6 titles is getting extremely hard to reach.  So to me, the pressure builds for him and his fans.  They've talked real reckless over the years, it'll come back to get em if something doesn't start happening REAL soon, like in 9 months or so.  They know it too. 

I've been to the Arco Arena twice. I said this before, it's by-far the worst sports complex I've ever been too.

So many things bad about it but I actually don't like it because it's in the middle of nowhere.

Honestly, if the city can't vote yes for an tax increase to keep the only thing they have there, than  move it. They obviously don't want it.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

does it matter if they do it in a row or spread out like the spurs?

You said Spurs, now Do Bee Do is coming.... 

That's his bat signal.  Anyone who mentions the lakers, you will get a reply from him.  Never fails. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
fixed for you
laugh.gif
same 3 dudes.... if you mention lakers these hater #%$ dudes come out like they was lurkin in a bush all along... !+@@%@ need to either A)buy a life or B) Live through Jeremy Lin's...

Updated: September 29, 2010, 6:10 PM ET
[h1]Jason Williams to have knee surgery[/h1]Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orlando Magic point guard Jason Williams will have arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Thursday and will miss about four weeks.

Magic coach Stan Van Gundy says Williams' knee has been problematic for weeks, and he was injured again during training camp this week. An MRI showed loose cartilage but no tear. Williams could be back in time for the Oct. 28 regular-season opener.

Williams was Orlando's No. 2 point guard backup last season, starting 18 games while starter Jameer Nelson was injured. But Williams was expected to have a smaller role this season after the Magic signed free agent Chris Duhon to be Nelson's primary backup.

Williams has averaged 10.8 points and six rebounds per game in 11 NBA seasons. He also helped the Miami Heat to the 2006 NBA title.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

roll.gif
 I didn't know it was located in the middle of nowhere like that.
It reminds me of the house that was sitting in the middle of nowhere in "General" with the "Warning" signs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I've been to the Arco Arena twice. I said this before, it's by-far the worst sports complex I've ever been too.

So many things bad about it but I actually don't like it because it's in the middle of nowhere.

Honestly, if the city can't vote yes for an tax increase to keep the only thing they have there, than  move it. They obviously don't want it.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
wow

why is that bum Aaron Books crying about a new deal?
laugh.gif

He's not really near All-NBA talent and probably a fringe All-Star but why do people have to take things so far all the time
laugh.gif

man ESPN is already driving me nuts with the lebron fiasco. multiple reports that he was "fiery" in practice

wasnt everyone and their mothers saying Arco was the best arena in the world? this was going on for a few years and now all of sudden its terrible?

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

wasnt everyone and their mothers saying Arco was the best arena in the world? this was going on for a few years and now all of sudden its terrible?

it was moreso saying it was the best arena in the nba because of the loud fans and atmosphere.... now that they suck, its all bad now...

and damn i go on my xbox and go to espn and guess whats there waiting for me?? jon barry and jalen rose in front of heat practice
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

laugh.gif

He's not really near All-NBA talent and probably a fringe All-Star but why do people have to take things so far all the time
laugh.gif
Seriously. Aaron Brooks is far from bum.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Same thing happened with Keyarena in Seattle. When it opened, there's video of Stern saying how great it was (and while it was small, the place was louder than any arena in the NBA), and when the going got tough, it was considered a dump and nobody cared, and that wasn't even ten years after it opened.

[h1]Pop can't recall Jason Terry's gloating claims[/h1]
By Tim Griffin on Sep 29, 10 06:14 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Dallas guard Jason Terry said a summer meeting with Spurs coach Gregg Popovich left him inspired to lead the Mavericks past San Antonio during the upcoming season. 

Funny thing, however. Popovich doesn't remember the meeting.

Terry told the Dallas Morning News earlier this week that he didn't like the chance meeting with the Spurs coach after the Spurs' six-game upset of the Mavericks in the first round of the NBA playoffs.  

Popovich refuted those claims after the Spurs' practice on Wednesday.

"Knowing Jason, he might have made something up. I have no idea," Popovich said. "I said 'hi' to about 500 people in Vegas being there for five days. I'm sure I probably said 'hi' to him. I don't know what I said to him."  

Terry said that whatever Popovich has said have stuck with him over the last few months.

But Popovich wonders what he could have said that set Terry off.

"That doesn't sound like me," Popovich said. "I've never been a gloater. If you lose, you go home. If you win, you go home. So I think something has been generated out of nothing." 

Terry was suspended for a game during the 2006 playoffs after he punched former Dallas teammate and then-San Antonio player Michael Finley while chasing a loose ball. The Mavericks eventually won that series, beating the Spurs in Game 7 in San Antonio.

Those circumstances have made Terry one of the most unpopular opponents among Spurs fans.

Something tells me his recent rant about Popovich won't win him many friends in the Alamo City, either. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Lol word
laugh.gif

Shaq, Celtics take aim at Heat target

NEWPORT, R.I. – As Shaquille O’Neal sold his prospective franchise on his job candidacy, he privately asked some executives and coaches: Would you rather go into Miami with me, or without me? History tells him it’ll take elders to topple these Miami Heat, and there’s such loathing lingering for old man Riles and his preening, shiny superstars.

“They got a great 1-2,

Posted September 29, 2010, 3:08 pm MT
[h1]Carmelo Anthony talks about La La Vazquez, trade rumors, front office[/h1]
By Benjamin Hochman

Carmelo Anthony met with the media today and said some interesting stuff. No, he didn’t admit that he wants to be traded to a bigger market. But look, we all know that Masai Ujiri and the Denver front office has publicly said they hoped that Melo, somehow, would agree to stay. Today, Melo said: “I met with Masai right before media day. He said what he had to say, I had what I had to say, we discussed a lot of things out there on the table.

sorry melo but i think you are lying this time hahaha

oh so i found out I might be a racist

Did race play a role in the backlash -- both in the media and in the general public -- to LeBron James' decision to take his talents to South Beach?

LeBron James and his business partner and close friend Maverick Carter both said yes in an interview on CNN Wednesday night (hat tip to Jason Lloyd of the Beacon Journal, and we should note race was a very small part of this interview, discussed and everyone moved on).

"I think so at times. It's always a race factor," LeBron said as part of a segment that focused largely on Carter.

"It definitely played a role in some of the stuff coming out of the media, things that were written," Carter said.

A lot of the backlash seemed to be focused less on the choice itself -- outside of Cleveland, anyway -- and more on what came off as an egotistical way to do it. But both Carter and James said that "The Decision" -- the hour-long show on ESPN announcing his move to Miami -- may have had something to do with that.

"The execution could've been a little better and I take some of blame for that," Carter said.

But James noted that the event raised $3 million for the Boys & Girls Club and any "heat" he took was worth it.

There certainly has been a lot of LeBron hate. The numbers back up what James and Carter have said about race.

Among blacks, LeBron's positive Q rating among dropped from 52 percent in January to 39 -- however his negative Q rating barely changed, going from 14 percent to 15. Blacks seemed to change what they thought of him, but to a more neutral stance.

Among non-blacks, LeBron's negative Q rating went from 24 percent to 44 after the decision.

Why different races reacted to the situation in very different ways would make an interesting study in race relations in America.

Source: LeBron James says race played role in backlash to his decision - ProBasketballTalk - Basketball - NBC Sports

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I'm rascist now. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Seriously, how do you guys back this dude up?  Race?  Really?  Race? 

I hope the Heat just go out and win the Championship this year.  Because if they don't, I might end up losing it in here and going completely sideways on people.  I wish Bron and the Heat the best of luck for my own sanity in here. 

Is there any vid of KG movin well yet?  I kinda find that hard to believe, but I suppose it's possible.  I remember last year we were all watching film thinking he was completely done forever and he got stronger, maybe he did even more this year. 

i don't know how i'm going to look myself in the mirror anymore. i can't believe i'm racist. It's just so surprising. you never suspect yourself

Back
Top Bottom