* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Grizzlies already off to a bad start and the season hasn't even began yet. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by PMatic

@jadande Andrew Bynum says he hopes to play in first game by end of November
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I hope the World Cup was worth
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

I could understand if he was missing half the season.... but
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Dude's only going to miss the first few months. Since when did the NBA regular season matter anyway? LMAO. Lakers will probably still be in the Finals anyway. Especially considering who his teammates are and who he has on that coaching staff.

I'd rather have him sit out a few months every season to minimize this fragile guy's chances for knee injuries.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by PMatic

@jadande Andrew Bynum says he hopes to play in first game by end of November
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I hope the World Cup was worth
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif
I could understand if he was missing half the season.... but
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Dude's only going to miss the first few months. Since when did the NBA regular season matter anyway? LMAO. Lakers will probably still be in the Finals anyway. Especially considering who his teammates are and who he has on that coaching staff.

I'd rather have him sit out a few months every season to minimize this fragile guy's chances for knee injuries.

laugh.gif
it was only a joke, I could really care less about him or the Lakers. Odom will step in and be fine for that squad. I'm sure Theo Ratliff will hold it down for that frontline 
eyes.gif

if the knicks can get a draft pick, wouldnt that be a better deal? danilo, anthony, 1st rounder and curry contract?

[h1]Report: Sixers Enter Trade Talks for Carmelo Anthony[/h1]
melo-iggy.jpg
Talks between the Nuggets and three other teams about a deal that would ultimately send Carmelo Anthony to the New Jersey Nets reportedly were stalling this weekend, according to FanHouse's own Sam Amick.

The fact that Denver was taking its sweet time in deciding whether or not to pull the trigger appeared to be putting the trade in jeopardy, but if Sunday's report is accurate, there may have been a very good reason to do so in the minds of those running the Nuggets' organization.

According to Philly.com, the Sixers have entered the Carmelo conversation, and are willing to part with Andre Iguodala in order to get him. The report states that a Western Conference executive has confirmed the talks between the two teams, and that new Nuggets' general manager Masai Ujiri has had discussions with Sixers' head man Ed Stefanski.

Much like the talked-about four-team deal between the Nuggets, Nets, Jazz, and Bobcats, other teams would need to be involved in this one to make the salaries match. And an even bigger obstacle than that one is the fact that Philadelphia wasn't initially on the short list of teams that Anthony had agreed to be traded to.

Carmelo doesn't have a no-trade clause, but with only one year remaining on his current deal, it's essentially the same thing.

Anthony would need to agree to sign a contract extension with his new team before any deal is finalized, so he's in control of his destination to some extent -- as long as the Nuggets feel that what they're getting in return is enough for a proven player of Anthony's talents.

By Brett Pollakoff

Originally Posted by NobleKane

if the knicks can get a draft pick, wouldnt that be a better deal? danilo, anthony, 1st rounder and curry contract?
Earliest New York can offer a first round pick is in 2014, so they're trying to find a third team to give up a first round pick to Denver.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Well, it will become delusional because it's the Knicks

melo to philly is not gonna happen. its a waste of time to talk about these other teams that melo is not going to want to go to.

Melo wouldn't sign an extension in philly so there is no way that deal will go thru...

But I'm surprised he's in denver at this very moment, it would seem extremely akward for him to be in a denver uniform by media day. Isn't Denver's media day tomorrow?

Originally Posted by debs 168

melo to philly is not gonna happen. its a waste of time to talk about these other teams that melo is not going to want to go to.
Shoot I thought LBJ was NEVER gonna wanna be second in command in MIA, and look what happened.
laugh.gif
 At this point and time in my life, I dont rule anything out.

Jrue, Turner, Melo, Thad, (center).

I like it, I don't think Melo would. It'd  be something for the future.

he aint going to Philly, its just a made up rumor to get people to step up their deals to get him by tomorrow.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Jrue, Turner, Melo, Thad, (center).

I like it, I don't think Melo would. It'd  be something for the future.

Thad's days as a 4 are done, since Philly added two more bigs. it'd likely be Brand at the 4 still, and Hawes at Center

Only negative is we'd have no defense outside of Jrue and Nocioni(Brand isn't the same on that end anymore)

I honestly feel this trade is best for both teams, Nuggets get someone in return for Melo and Sixers get Melo.

Who cares if Melo walks, we'd clear some cap space.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I honestly feel this trade is best for both teams, Nuggets get someone in return for Melo and Sixers get Melo.

Who cares if Melo walks, we'd clear some cap space.

Funny cuz i was thinking if a team did do that. Like if DEN wanted Brand, but meanwhile 76ers wanna get rid of him.

They do the trade he can walk next offseason. It's like getting an expiring contract.
laugh.gif

Source: Better Than 50% Chance Melo Traded In Next 48 Hours
Sep 26, 2010 10:52 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
A source connected to the ongoing trade discussions involving Carmelo Anthony said that there is "better than a 50 percent chance" that a trade will be completed within the next 24-48 hours.

William Wesley met with Jay-Z last week in New York to help set the stage for Anthony's arrival with the Nets, said a person with direct knowledge of the meeting.

While the Nuggets want to talk to Anthony directly, sources familiar with his position think that the team's attempt to change his mind about leaving Denver will be futile.

Any positive comments Anthony may make to the media on Monday are likely to be spin rather than actually indicating an open mind about remaining in Denver.

Meanwhile, the Nuggets are not sure they want to accept Derrick Favors as the centerpiece in a trade of their superstar.

knicks get this %*$% done so we can move on. i'm getting grey hairs.
this isn't good for my health. #*@**# is aging like the president.

Originally Posted by debs 168

knicks get this %*$% done so we can move on. i'm getting grey hairs.
this isn't good for my health. #*@**# is aging like the president.

Your avy. I didn't know she had those. 
laugh.gif

But yea, let this just be over. Melo caused it by playing his cards to strong. Should've waited til his team was +%%*@$!# the bed in January.

Back
Top Bottom