* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

DJ Augustin is a Devin Harris clone?

My ##+!
roll.gif

Also, there must be something wrong with those 2k11 ratings, Dirk is rated an 83. Caron is like 81 and Kidd is also 83 I think. Ain't no way in hell Dirk is an 83 too.

Agreed, Dirk should be rated 76 give or take.

I KID! I KID!

I mean when I think Devin Harris, I think slasher who's super long, wiry frame, and very good defender.

When I think DJ Augustin, I think short, kind of pudgy PG who's not really anything of what Devin is, except like you said, a decent shooter from OUTSIDE. Overall, he's pretty bad. Devin was good when he was in Dallas, he shot the ball pretty well, but when the focus was on him, terrible.

CP, you asked about Kidd a few pages back. I don't think so, I think this season is a huge litmus test for him and the Mavericks. He has to do very well, while adjusting to having his minutes limited while guys like Rodrigue Beaubois try to take over the PG responsibilities. I can see two good more years, similar to his last few, but 4? EHHHHHHH..

I still have some catching up to do in this thread, maybe I'll post a little more
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

If you're gonna mention T. Williams you have to then at least mention Morrow and Outlaw who are just as valuable IMO.

But yeah, like everyone on NT has been saying, it really doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

He could have just waited til the end of the season to become a free agent then sign with whatever team he wanted. Not sure what his logic is, probably bad advice in the form of WWW
laugh.gif
He wouldn't have gotten paid.

If he gets moved, he'll get paid. If he doesn't move, and doesn't sign the extension, next summer, he's screwed, but gets to go where he wants.

But still, like someone said last page, it's a lateral move for CARMELO IMO. I like the Nuggets team more now.

They might fight for a playoff seed, but is that what Carmelo wants? I mean Bogut/BJ made it to the Playoffs last year with so-so pieces, so maybe the Nets can too with so-so pieces.

But the Nets would have some free space to sign someone big in the summer of 2011 if they just stand pat and don't re-sign Kris nor Troy Murphy.

Names to watch for next season: Josh Howard, Al Thornton (R), AK47, Tony Parker, Jason Richardson, Thaddeus Young (R), Jeff Green (R), Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol (R) [that man's gonna get PAID], Yao Ming, Shane Battier, Aaron Brooks, (R)Tayshaun Prince, Rodney Stuckey (R), Caron Butler, Nene (ETO), Glen Davis, Al Horford (R), Jamal Crawford.

Those are the only real impact players next year. Thin field of guys who are going to get real heavy attention. Tony Parker and Jason Richardson are probably the guys that the Nets would concern themselves with. Remember when the Spurs were apparently going to go after Jason Kidd? Well it'd sure be funny if the Nets ended up with Tony Parker now.
laugh.gif
. I think a starting team of Parker, Outlaw/Morrow, Melo, ?, and Brook would be damn good. Enough to stop messing with this silly low playoff business they'd be in if they got Melo NOW.

DJ Augustin is a Devin Harris clone?

My *@%!
roll.gif

This.

Melo is better off playing out this last year in Denver and then having the freedom to choose where he wants to go next year. I understand the CBA will change and he would lose money though, but this is just not a smart move on his part. He must really know something that we don't know.

Apparently the list for Dampier is now Bucks and Rockets.

And Hornets signed Pargo and Pops Mensah Bonsu, who's a project athlete that has never panned out, but the kid can tear it up on the boards/blocks.

Pops Mensah Bonsu, who's a project athlete that has never panned out, but the kid can tear it up on the boards/blocks.
QFT the guy will play with all his heart and is the ultimate garbage player. The only thing holding him back is his gosh darn knees
30t6p3b.gif
I'm a big fan of Pops
pimp.gif

you guys really think the NBA is gonna dramatically cut max salary? rudy gay gonna be getting more than chris paul? david stern hypnotize all of you?

[h2]http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/09/24/lakers-tip-off-real-training-camp/[/h2]
[h2]Lakers tip off Real Training Camp[/h2]September 24, 2010  ·  6:49PM
POSTED BY: ART GARCIA

The champs are back, and they’re coming to a computer screen and TV near you.

Kobe Bryant and the rest of the back-to-back titlists are the featured attractions — and rightfully so — for the first 2010 edition of Real Training Camp. The All-Access look into the inner workings of the Lakers will air live Monday at 1 p.m. ET on NBA.com followed by a repeat performance at 5 p.m. on NBA TV.

Real Training Camp will showcase two full hours of Lakers’ practice, plus interviews with players, coaches and staff. It’s a sideline pass to witness the first steps of Kobe, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, Lamar Odom and Co. on their way to a possible three-peat. Oh, Phil Jackson will be there, too.

This is the eighth consecutive year of RTC, which will continue throughout the preseason with visits to other teams. Yes, the Miami Heat are in the rotation, with a visit to Eglin Air Force Base in Fort Walton Beach for a Friday episode at 5 p.m. on NBA TV.

That’s hardly it for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. The Heat’s first preseason game (against Detroit on Oct. 5) is getting the NBA TV treatment, with Ernie Johnson, Kevin McHale and Chris Webber calling the shots.

That’s just the tip of the programming iceberg. The Wizards are going old school — well, they’re going college — with midnight practice as Monday becomes Tuesday. Washington is the first NBA team to even launch its season with the collegiate staple, doing so from the Patriot Center on the campus of George Mason University.

RTC will be on site for No. 1 pick John Wall‘s first practices with all his Wizards teammates, including new backcourt ‘mate Gilbert Arenas. The workout, which will feature a scrimmage, is also open to the public. The Knicks have a RTC slot on NBA TV on Tuesday at 5 p.m.

Here’s some broadcast reminders:

Monday, Sept. 27
Real Training Camp with the Lakers (NBA.com, 1 p.m.)
Real Training Camp with the Lakers (NBA TV, 5 p.m.)
Game Time: 2010 NBA Media Day (NBA TV, 8 p.m., NBA TV)
Real Training Camp with the Wizards (NBA TV, midnight, NBA TV)

Tuesday Sept. 28
Real Training Camp with the Knicks (NBA TV, 5 p.m.)

Friday, Oct. 1
Real Training Camp with the Heat (NBA TV, 6 p.m.)

Tuesday Oct. 5
Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat, (NBA TV, 7:30 p.m.)

What. the. !+%&.

Janeero Pargo? Willie Green? Jason Smith?

What a nightmare.

Giving up Brackins will be a mistake, too.

sick.gif
at the thought of Pargo and Green putting up like 35 shots a game once a week. You know it's coming.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

What. the. !+%&.

What a nightmare.

sick.gif
at the thought of Pargo and Green putting up like 35 shots a game once a week. You know it's coming.

No it wont

Originally Posted by yungchris504

What. the. !+%&.

What a nightmare.

sick.gif

No it wont
Yes, it will. Once David West leaves it'll be an even bigger one.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by yungchris504

What. the. !+%&.

What a nightmare.

sick.gif

No it wont
Yes, it will. Once David West leaves it'll be an even bigger one.

So you are telling me that in a year Craig Brackins will be what David West was? 

You have to like what the NJ Nets are doing though. After a 12 win season last season, they already have a new coach in place, new management, and are looking as though they are doing everything possible to improve and to become a playoff team

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

[h2]http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/09/24/lakers-tip-off-real-training-camp/[/h2]
[h2]Lakers tip off Real Training Camp[/h2]September 24, 2010  ·  6:49PM
POSTED BY: ART GARCIA

The champs are back, and they’re coming to a computer screen and TV near you.

Kobe Bryant and the rest of the back-to-back titlists are the featured attractions — and rightfully so — for the first 2010 edition of Real Training Camp. The All-Access look into the inner workings of the Lakers will air live Monday at 1 p.m. ET on NBA.com followed by a repeat performance at 5 p.m. on NBA TV.

Real Training Camp will showcase two full hours of Lakers’ practice, plus interviews with players, coaches and staff. It’s a sideline pass to witness the first steps of Kobe, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, Lamar Odom and Co. on their way to a possible three-peat. Oh, Phil Jackson will be there, too.

This is the eighth consecutive year of RTC, which will continue throughout the preseason with visits to other teams. Yes, the Miami Heat are in the rotation, with a visit to Eglin Air Force Base in Fort Walton Beach for a Friday episode at 5 p.m. on NBA TV.

That’s hardly it for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. The Heat’s first preseason game (against Detroit on Oct. 5) is getting the NBA TV treatment, with Ernie Johnson, Kevin McHale and Chris Webber calling the shots.

That’s just the tip of the programming iceberg. The Wizards are going old school — well, they’re going college — with midnight practice as Monday becomes Tuesday. Washington is the first NBA team to even launch its season with the collegiate staple, doing so from the Patriot Center on the campus of George Mason University.

RTC will be on site for No. 1 pick John Wall‘s first practices with all his Wizards teammates, including new backcourt ‘mate Gilbert Arenas. The workout, which will feature a scrimmage, is also open to the public. The Knicks have a RTC slot on NBA TV on Tuesday at 5 p.m.

Here’s some broadcast reminders:

Monday, Sept. 27
Real Training Camp with the Lakers (NBA.com, 1 p.m.)
Real Training Camp with the Lakers (NBA TV, 5 p.m.)
Game Time: 2010 NBA Media Day (NBA TV, 8 p.m., NBA TV)
Real Training Camp with the Wizards (NBA TV, midnight, NBA TV)

Tuesday Sept. 28
Real Training Camp with the Knicks (NBA TV, 5 p.m.)

Friday, Oct. 1
Real Training Camp with the Heat (NBA TV, 6 p.m.)

Tuesday Oct. 5
Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat, (NBA TV, 7:30 p.m.)

I wouldn't mine seeing the Thunder during training camp. The knicks it will be mostly Mike yelling at the guys to space the floor, turiaf dancing and cheering
laugh.gif
, and Amare answering questions about how will you do without Nash.  And the occasion Eddy Curry sighting.

Originally Posted by PMatic

@jadande Andrew Bynum says he hopes to play in first game by end of November
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I thought this man was gonna be a all-start when Pau got there, but it seems like it would be a miracle if he makes it to his tenth year.

[h1]Denver's Delay in Carmelo Anthony Talks Threatening Deal[/h1]
9/25/2010 5:09 PM ET By Sam Amick

By the time Monday morning arrives, these furious final days of negotiations between Denver, Utah, Charlotte and New Jersey might indeed result in Carmelo Anthony becoming a member of the Nets.

But according to two sources close to the situation, the Nuggets - who stand to acquire Nets rookie forward Derrick Favors, Utah forward Andrei Kirilenko and two first-round draft picks from New Jersey in the deal - are compromising the trade with their slow-moving ways.

No key figure is growing more impatient than Nets general manager Billy King, who is determined to get the deal done by Monday and unclear on why new Denver general manager Masai Ujiri is fielding calls from teams like Cleveland and Indiana that are attempting to get involved in the trade. Ujiri - who was an assistant general manager with the Raptors and just experienced the ill-fated Chris Bosh departure to Miami - is clearly attempting to exhaust more options before agreeing to the deal.

At this advanced stage of the talks however, it's a dangerous tactic.

Because it appears Anthony would sign the three-year, $65 million extension with the Nets that is certainly a precursor to their involvement, Denver's insistence on exploring other avenues while not tending more closely to the situation at hand means they could lose one of the few Anthony suitors who fits all the necessary qualifications. Only so many teams are realistically in the running for Anthony, of course, as his agreement to an extension is an obvious precursor to a deal. Sources say he has warmed to the notion of the Nets after the likes of New York, Chicago, the Clippers and perhaps even Houston were originally more preferable.

Secondly, the highly-publicized nature of the talks has increased the tensions for all involved, with the Nets, Bobcats and Jazz eager to finalize the trade so the uncomfortable situation doesn't loom over their current players' heads during training camp. The smart play for the Nuggets might well have been to quietly let the many 'Melo possibilities unfold, but their choice to travel this far down this road is making the pragmatic approach problematic.

It's unclear whether Charlotte would send point guard D.J. Augustin to the Nets in the deal, though they are pushing for help at the position in light of Devin Harris' planned exit to the Bobcats. Utah is expected to receive small forward Boris Diaw from Charlotte. Numerous reports also have Utah acquiring Quinton Ross and the Bobcats getting Jarvis Hayes via sign-and-trade. The Nuggets' two first-round picks acquired would be from New Jersey (their 2011 pick and a 2012 pick from Golden State that is protected at spots one through seven).

Back
Top Bottom