* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

No Official season for me.

I won't be too active, I got school starting up, and I'll barely be able to track my team, let alone get that thread going.

Already balls to the wall in studying, so no-go for me.

Off-season (summer) I ain't got crap to do,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

h3at, change you avy man. its scaring me
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
... i had to do a double take... then i saw the SN.... as a pats fan... i hate the jets... so go dolphins...

Miami doing good things with their bench. At 1st, it was just the starting unit that was impressive... They've really stepped it up with adding nice pieces to their bench rotation.

WojYahooNBA

Y! Sources: Nets moving closer to deal for Carmelo Anthony, engaged in complicated multi-team talks. http://tinyurl.com/2wmvzmv

[h1]Nets moving closer to deal for Anthony[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

The New Jersey Nets are working feverishly to acquire All-Star Carmelo Anthony(notes) and are in the construction stage of a complicated, multi-team trade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Nothing is imminent in the next 24 hours, but Denver and New Jersey are having ongoing discussions centered on No. 3 overall pick Derrick Favors(notes) and future first-round picks going back to the Nuggets. The two teams are engaging third – and possibly even fourth teams – to complete what one front-office source described as a “very complicated

Wow, Martin/Billups [potentially]/Smith/Afflalo all free agents after this season?

Looks like one western big boy will be completely scrapped.

STEIN_LINE_HQ

Just filed to ESPN.com: Nuggets in "serious" discussions on four-way trade w/New Jersey, Utah and Charlotte that would make Melo a Net [h1]Carmelo Anthony trade talks heat up[/h1]
The Denver Nuggets are having serious discussions about a four-way trade that would land Carmelo Anthony with the New Jersey Nets, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

The proposed deal, sources said, also would involve the Utah Jazz and the Charlotte Bobcats. It would deliver Nets rookie forward Derrick Favors, Jazz veteran Andrei Kirilenko and multiple first-round picks to Denver in exchange for their franchise player, potentially bringing a resolution to Anthony's uncertain future before the Nuggets hold their first practice of the new season.

Sources told ESPN.com that the deal, which has yet to be finalized, also would send former All-Star point guard Devin Harris to Charlotte, with Bobcats forward Boris Diaw moving to Utah.

The four teams, said one source close to the talks, are "seriously engaged" after extensive talks Thursday.

However, one obstacle is Anthony's willingness to sign a contract extension with the Nets. A source told ESPN.com that the Nets will not go through with the trade -- even if Denver is ready to pull the trigger -- unless Anthony commits to signing an contract extension, as Kevin Garnett did as part of the mega-trade that sent him from Minnesota to Boston in July 2007.

Because Anthony has the ability to become a free agent at season's end -- which is the hammer that has enabled his agent, Leon Rose, to apply such pressure to the Nuggets in hopes of forcing a trade before the start of the season -- New Jersey is unwilling to sacrifice assets such as Favors and Harris without a guarantee that Anthony will be there for the long term.

ESPN.com reported earlier this week that Anthony's representatives have been pushing Denver to deal the 26-year-old to New York or Chicago, his two preferred destinations, but the Knicks lack the trade assets required to tempt Denver and the Bulls have consistently refused to make center Joakim Noah available, trying instead to sell the Nuggets on a package headlined by swingman Luol Deng.

The Nuggets have offered Anthony a three-year extension worth $65 million, but he has not signed the deal.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

I guess we'll see if the earlier reports about Melo not wanting to sign the extension if he moves to the Nets is true.

Is AK47 in the last year of his deal?

Melo just wants to dip. Then he'll play for another team for a year and then leave them for the his dream (whoever that is).

The Nets will be fine with or without him. Its not like we're serious chip contenders this year.

So Devin and Favors gone and picks for Melo pretty much on the Nets end.

I like it.

Again, sucks that Favors is dealt but Melo helps the nets.

Outlaw should be dealt by winter and Farmar may not be the starter.

I feel we will see twill get the nod at PG.

So hold up.....your telling me that instead of being in a lineup of Chauncey, JR, himself, K-Mart and Nene he'd rather suit up with a starting five of.....

Jordan Farmar

Anthony Morrow

Himself

Troy Murphy

Brook Lopez

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't think he's signing that extension either...they'd be better off rebuilding with Devin, T-Will, Favors and Brook and trying to get someone next year once they can atleast have a somewhat competitive roster. Take a look at their bench, it might be the worst in the entire league. It would be a good deal for all other sides though. Chauncey, JR, AK, Favors and Nene 
pimp.gif

krazy88s wrote:
Melo just wants to dip. Then he'll play for another team for a year and then leave them for the his dream (whoever that is).

The Nets will be fine with or without him. Its not like we're serious chip contenders this year.
The best bet for the NETS is to wait it out. 

MELO thought he was doing it when he sign for the extra year.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

So hold up.....your telling me that instead of being in a lineup of Chauncey, JR, himself, K-Mart and Nene he'd rather suit up with a starting five of.....

Jordan Farmar

Anthony Morrow

Himself

Troy Murphy

Brook Lopez

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't think he's signing that extension either...they'd be better off rebuilding with Devin, T-Will, Favors and Brook and trying to get someone next year once they can atleast have a somewhat competitive roster. Take a look at their bench, it might be the worst in the entire league. It would be a good deal for all other sides though. Chauncey, JR, AK, Favors and Nene 
pimp.gif
That's what I never understood from Melo's perspective.

In terms of him going to another team, he was probably gonna be going into a worse situation for winning a title.

It must be something else. Maybe he's tired of Denver or tired of that organization.

Although the Nets will be in a good position to get another max player the year after next, something Denver probably wasn't in a position to do. So Melo/Lopez+ another max player could be nice. Maybe CP3

Nets needed to do something big after the draft and free agency debacle

Whether it is right or wrong, the owner needed a "Major Name" to be in that arena in Newark.

I like the deal from the standpoint of believing the Nets will not do it unless Melo has an extension signed.

But everyone has to look at it from the perspective of what the Nets ownership has done the past few years.

Think of Brett Favre going to the Jets. He was there for one year the team was hot early and faltered late. But Wood Johnson was able to make bank on alot of merchandise and ticket sales just to see him play.

To us we see Favors as a eventual talent. But the common person who just knows the names of superstars in the league to buy tickets outweighs individuals like us who may actually buy tickets to a game to see Jordan Farmar or Travis Outlaw (not that I would of course, lol.)

It is two fold but the Nets needed a name and Brook Lopez and Devin Harris and Derrick Favors do not make people that are not common sports fan go ooh and ahhh Especially after the year they had.

I am happy if this trade goes down but Like everyone has said, Melo not signing an extension just means he bounces to go somewhere else. But the Nets will attempt to bank off him especially knowing their marketing group.

If he signs the extension (Which I heard he's interested in doing so), Im all for it. Yea, we're giving up a lot, but he's a player who can make this a playoff team & a big name to bring in money for the organization. Even though Favors has been getting a lot of praise, I'd take a squad rebuilding around Melo, then waiting for him to develope. Melo can change the team around quick...

& a starting unit of:

Farmar
Morrow
Melo
Kenyon
Brook

Is something I could see being successful.

Mixed in with the youth on the bench, I like a team that looks like that.

With or without Melo though, I like where we're headed.

Now some reports having the nets getting DJ Augustine in the deal from the Bobcats too.

All is being held on the fact that Melo will agree to a sign and trade.

That is what we are waiting on for this to be put into the final stages.

I like this deal because it doesn't appear we are giving up picks and we are keeping Murphy. This could allow us to be major players in the CP3 sweepstakes and honestly I think we'd have the best shot (Lopez/Melo/Brooklyn/$$$).

^We are giving up picks, just depends on which ones.

If the Nets are holding on to the Golden State one and still have Murph and Hump on the roster, that is 16 million in space to trade even with melo signing an extension.

The Nets will still be in good shape.

Back
Top Bottom