* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

DJ is a Devin clone imo and has a better jumpshot

Really had a drop off last season but was due to cut in minutes.

Just thinking how if this deal goes down that Knicks fan would be angry that Melo is a Net but for us to get DJ would be the final straw to some Knicks fans who have loved him for a long time and are going to be extra salty.

I remember a lot of Knicks fans wanting him last year in deals.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

So Devin and Favors gone and picks for Melo pretty much on the Nets end.
Unfortunately, I don't think Melo is gonna wanna stay in NJ with out them two.

DJ is a Devin clone imo and has a better jumpshot

Really had a drop off last season but was due to cut in minutes.

Just thinking how if this deal goes down that Knicks fan would be angry that Melo is a Net but for us to get DJ would be the final straw to some Knicks fans who have loved him for a long time and are going to be extra salty.

I remember a lot of Knicks fans wanting him last year in deals.
Just stop it
laugh.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Kurt Rambis is a damn clown.  I feel sorry for you Minny fans.

Q: Is Kevin (Love) your starting power forward?

Rambis: Everything is up for grabs. I like it that way. Nobody will be given time. They will have to earn it. That's the environment and culture I came from. Everybody will have to conform to that.

WOW...really?  Who they gonna have start?  Tolliver?
laugh.gif

rck2sactown-

IDK if it will matter.

I think he wants out of denver for location.

That is the sad part to be honest.

I think Melo is more for the attraction of a major city then LBJ or even Amare is made out to want.

I don't care what people say, Melo can live in the city and still play on the NEW JERSEY NETS.

makes no difference.

That is why I think the Nets are even on his list.

I think Melo is happy to be in a major city than compete for a chip even though he has won on every level per say.

IDK I just think he will not care that Favors and Harris are gone.

rck2sactown-

IDK if it will matter.

I think he wants out of denver for location.

That is the sad part to be honest.

I think Melo is more for the attraction of a major city then LBJ or even Amare is made out to want.

I don't care what people say, Melo can live in the city and still play on the NEW JERSEY NETS.

makes no difference.

That is why I think the Nets are even on his list.

I think Melo is happy to be in a major city than compete for a chip even though he has won on every level per say.

IDK I just think he will not care that Favors and Harris are gone.
Fair enough. In my mind though, I just feel that if I am Carmelo, I wouldn't want to be trade from one of the top teams in the conference to a stinky team in the EAST

And I like augustine ex carrabba fan

I have never felt Devin could lead a team as a point guard.

He is a two guard that tries to play pg.

I have said that his entire time here in New Jersey.

I like Devin the player but I have felt the team had better moments last year (if there were any) when dooling or twill handled the ball. It flowed better. everyone got involved.

Devin needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He also had a great swingman in VC playing along side him when he was an all-star.

If he stayed and Melo was here he would be at that level again.

He probably can get there again with the Bobcats since they had SJax and Wallace.

But DJ needs a chance like Devin did.

case close.
EDIT: And just to add, another part of the deal maybe the nets sending Quinton Ross and the rights to Jarvis Hayes to get Augustine 

Man, I love not wanting to work today. 
laugh.gif

New details on the proposed trade is that Hayes rights and Ross (2 zero min. guys) would be including and Auguistine would be in NJ. Only 1 pick the GS 1.

So
Melo + Augstine
for
Devin + Favors + GSpick + (Hayes and Ross)

from a inside source i heard melo is gonna sign that extenstion dont know how true it is but well see by 7 tonight
nerd.gif

Yup Cash

that seems to be THE deal in place

Harris and Hayes to Bobcats

Ross and Diaw to Jazz

Melo and Augustin (Proper way) to Nets

Favors and GSW 1st round pick from Nets to Nuggets

Melo will most likely sign exstension tonight but that does not mean the deal is done because of that though.

I don't know what to believe or say anymore

I just want the season to start already.

Yup Cash

that seems to be THE deal in place

Harris and Hayes to Bobcats

Ross and Diaw to Jazz

Melo and Augustin (Proper way) to Nets

Favors and GSW 1st round pick from Nets to Nuggets

Melo will most likely sign exstension tonight but that does not mean the deal is done because of that though.

I don't know what to believe or say anymore

I just want the season to start already.
isnt AK 47 GOIN TO DENVER ALSO OR IS HE OUT OF THE DEAL?

^They are not sure yet.

I thought he would be but things are changing quickly.
EDIT -My bad yes AK-47 is still in deal just now one pick

Why

do

you

type

this?

More power to Melo if he goes through with it, but I don't think that team is that much better, if at all, than Denver. DJ and Morrow in the backcourt? With what bench?

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I'm just glad the Rockets and Kings are not trading for Melo...
Yep, I was getting worried when they mentioned us as a possible team.

Im sorry if my writing style is not to your liking Big J

I figured it is easier for spacing

ICANWRITELIKETHISFORNOWONIFYOULIKE????

I have never said once that it is a good or bad deal. I just said I liked it. The Bench is not as big an issue as many think

There is more to this trade as a business move. What I have been saying. But Melo can score and can be a bigger asset to the team than the pieces we are giving up.

And I don't think it is a deadline.

Just speculation as to agreement in place by Melo with Denver I guess.

[h1]Nets moving closer to deal for Anthony[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

The final significant hurdle for a blockbuster four-team trade that would send Carmelo Anthony(notes) to the New Jersey Nets hinges on the All-Star forward’s willingness to agree to a contract extension with the Nets, two front-office executives involved in the deal told Yahoo! Sports.

The Denver Nuggets and New Jersey are having ongoing discussions centered on No. 3 overall pick Derrick Favors(notes) and a protected 2012 first-round pick the Nets received from the Golden State Warriors going back to the Nuggets. The proposed trade also would involve the Utah Jazz and Charlotte Bobcats. Under the proposal, league sources said the Nets would also send point guard Devin Harris to the Bobcats, who would move forward Boris Diaw to the Jazz, who send forward Andrei Kirilenko to the Nuggets to complete what one front-office source described as a “very complicated

Melo just wants out of Denver and I'd say that 90% of his feeling is probably due to Stan turning over the team to his son. The Nets roster isn't better than the Nuggets but they have an owner that will do whatever it takes to build a winner. Stan only cared about basketball to use as a vehicle to allow him to own an NFL team. Sure the Nuggz will get picks and after next year the team will get blown up but management's track record of crappy picks and poor money management (see kenyon's contract) give me absolutely no confidence in this new regime based on the fact that the only competent people in management were basically fired. Thanks for nothing Stan.

Back
Top Bottom