* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

^
But couple good pieces is the same as just staying in Denver then.  See what I'm saying?  Melo wants to win, "couple good pieces" isn't going to do it.  Otherwise, just ride out Denver, rich as can be. 

Maybe the Houston deal looks more appealing to Denver, who knows?  Maybe Melo is banking on Yao being healthy for the season, Brooks continuing to develop and Martin hitting open shots.

In NJ he'd have Harris and Lopez to run with, wouldn't be too bad.  I honestly don't know what's going through his head.  Maybe he's sick of the whole Denver fiasco and burning out every year in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Whoever ends up with mr.Anthony is getting a real player. This guy put up amost 30 ppg on over 46 percent shooting last year.
Thank you for enlightening us.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Whoever ends up with mr.Anthony is getting a real player. This guy put up amost 30 ppg on over 46 percent shooting last year.
I doubt this very much.

I don't think Houston can make a compelling offer for Melo. I can't see Patterson (or Hill), Budinger and Battier (or Jeffries) and picks being enough for Denver to pull the trigger. Denver doesn't need Brooks or Lowry either with Lawson in the fold.

As of now, New York and New Jersey probably have the better assets to trade for Melo.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I don't think Houston can make a compelling offer for Melo. I can't see Patterson (or Hill), Budinger and Battier (or Jeffries) and picks being enough for Denver to pull the trigger. Denver doesn't need Brooks or Lowry either with Lawson in the fold.

As of now, New York and New Jersey probably have the better assets to trade for Melo.

Patterson or Hill + Expirings in Battier/Jeffries/Hayes + 6.3M trade exception + Kev-Mart + Budinger + Lee + Brooks + 2011's 1st rder right to swap with NY + 2012 NYK's top 5 protected 1st rd pick + 2012 Houston's 1st rd pick

Take your pick Denver

birthday.gif

I will concede Gallo is the most attractive piece in any sort of deal for Melo, and would Denver really want to trade him within the conference?

But one can hope

Blazers are better without depth anyways.  Nate sucks at handling minutes, when he has lack of options and just let's people play, they do better. 

Rudy sucked anyways, he was the little guy version of Rasheed never venturing inside the 3 point line for any reason. 

Ricky Rubio, Wes Johnson, 2011 1st Round Pick for Melo
nerd.gif

PG- Flynn, SG- Webster, SF- Melo, PF- Love/Beasley, C- Darko (all hypothetical obviously and would not be the best to go to if you're Melo, but it'd probably be the most that Denver could get in return)
Blazers guard Rudy Fernandez wants to return to Europe to play and has no interest in NBA trade, his agent Andy Miller told Yahoo! Sports.
When will Rudy Fernandez learn that no one cares about Rudy Fernandez.

So, how exactly does Carmelo have any leverage in this situation?

Someone tell me please?

Dump his #%$ to the Warriors for one year,
laugh.gif

Melo has leverage because if he wanted, he could play out his contract, and just bolt via FA. That would leave Denver with basically nothing.

Of course, it wouldn't be in his best interest, as, he'd be better off signing the extension before the new CBA kicks in. But he could go that route if push came to shove.

And in the meantime, no team would trade for Melo, unless he agrees to sign the extension.

Which is why Melo is expanding his list of teams to which he would be ok with, to help Denver get the best package they can get.

to force his way out this year? Exhibit A..

[table][tr][td] 2010-11 Roster[/td][/tr][tr][td]NUM[/td][td]PLAYER[/td][td]POS[/td][td]HT[/td][td]WT[/td][td]DOB[/td][td]  FROM[/td][td]YRS[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Christian Eyenga [/td] [td] G-F [/td] [td] 6-6[/td] [td] 210[/td] [td] 06/22/1989[/td] [td]   Kinshasa, DRC[/td] [td] R[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 1[/td] [td] Daniel Gibson [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-2[/td] [td] 200[/td] [td] 02/27/1986[/td] [td]   Texas[/td] [td] 4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Joey Graham [/td] [td] F-G [/td] [td] 6-7[/td] [td] 225[/td] [td] 06/11/1982[/td] [td]   Oklahoma State[/td] [td] 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 14[/td] [td] Daniel Green [/td] [td] F-G [/td] [td] 6-6[/td] [td] 210[/td] [td] 06/22/1987[/td] [td]   North Carolina[/td] [td] 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 21[/td] [td] J.J. Hickson [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-9[/td] [td] 242[/td] [td] 09/04/1988[/td] [td]   North Carolina State[/td] [td] 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Ryan Hollins [/td] [td] C-F [/td] [td] 7-0[/td] [td] 230[/td] [td] 10/10/1984[/td] [td]   UCLA[/td] [td] 4[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 4[/td] [td] Antawn Jamison [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-9[/td] [td] 235[/td] [td] 06/12/1976[/td] [td]   North Carolina[/td] [td] 12[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 15[/td] [td] Jamario Moon [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-8[/td] [td] 200[/td] [td] 06/13/1980[/td] [td]   Meridian CC (MS)[/td] [td] 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 18[/td] [td] Anthony Parker [/td] [td] G-F [/td] [td] 6-6[/td] [td] 215[/td] [td] 06/19/1975[/td] [td]   Bradley[/td] [td] 7[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 44[/td] [td] Leon Powe [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-8[/td] [td] 240[/td] [td] 01/22/1984[/td] [td]   California[/td] [td] 4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Samardo Samuels [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-9[/td] [td] 260[/td] [td] 01/09/1989[/td] [td]   Louisville[/td] [td] R[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Ramon Sessions [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-3[/td] [td] 190[/td] [td] 04/11/1986[/td] [td]   Nevada-Reno[/td] [td] 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 17[/td] [td] Anderson Varejao [/td] [td] C-F [/td] [td] 6-11[/td] [td] 260[/td] [td] 09/28/1982[/td] [td]   Santa Teresa, Brazil[/td] [td] 6[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 31[/td] [td] Jawad Williams (FA) [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-9[/td] [td] 218[/td] [td] 02/19/1983[/td] [td]   North Carolina[/td] [td] 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2[/td] [td] Mo Williams [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-1[/td] [td] 190[/td] [td] 12/19/1982[/td] [td]   Alabama[/td] [td] 7
[/td][/tr][/table]

sure the Nuggets could field offers from a team like the Warriors or T'Wovles but are those teams going to show interest knowing he's not going to re-sign? probably not. I imagine the Nuggets and Melo will work together to appease both sides.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Someone tell me please?

laugh.gif
You answered your own question.

Someone tell me please?

laugh.gif
If the Nuggets don't trade him, then he walks away on his own terms and they get nothing.

No team in their right mind is going to trade for him if he doesn't agree to an extension.

I'd say that he has all the leverage in the world.

Yeah what team would trade away their good players to rent Melo for some of the season?

It'd have to be a team thinking they could give up players and still go deep in the playoffs with Melo. Aint no team taking that risk.

Houston makes a lot of sense if Melo REALLY wants to win. Three main reasons:

1. In the west right now there are the Lakers and maybe the Thunder and MAYBE the Mavericks that are legitimate contenders. In 2-3 years there will only be the Thunder that will be an elite team (maybe Utah can make a run at it too), compared to the Heat, Magic, Bulls, Bucks, Hawks, whatever is left in Boston, and whatever the Knicks and Nets can build in that time out east. Much easier to get to the Finals having to go through Oklahoma City/Utah than it is through at least two of the Heat/Magic/Bulls/Bucks/Hawks set.

2. Houston has a lot of one year contracts along with Martin, Miller, Lowry, and Scola in the fold for at least three years. If they let everyone walk next year they would have $52.3 million in cap space (minus what they are paying Melo and assuming Martin goes back to Denver in the trade). In a worst case scenario they'd have a starting set of Lowry, Melo, Scola, and Miller (+ a SG) with Budinger and Patterson off the bench and around $30 million to spend filling out the roster (under the current cap, which of course will change but salaries will change proportionally with it). Not ideal, but with that money they'd get some good backcourt help and at least one more big, which would be more than enough for them to win 50-55 games out west for the foreseeable "post-Kobe Lakers for two more years" future.

3. Denver would probably settle for Kevin Martin, Battier's expiring contract, and picks for Melo (but I think they'd throw in something like Balkman/Afflalo to get Patterson/Hayes/Hill). With Kenyon Martin coming off the books he and Battier would provide $23 million in cap relief and they still have Kevin Martin to go with Billups, Harrington, Lawson, and the Anderson/Nene/Draft Picks/Houston big from trade, front line they would have coming in. Not great, but enough to roll with in a "rebuilding" type year and win 30 games and get a lottery pick.

why does melo give a flying *$@% about adding teams just so denver can get the best offer? if he cared that much about that team he would stay. i doubt he wants to gut ANY team he goes to.

if the CBA gets extended a year then the nuggets literally have NO leverage. so i would get it done sooner than later if i was them

oh and if push comes to shove a trade centered around Gallo plus Randolph beats most packages you can think of. good young cheap talent with alot of potential. i dont see melo going anywhere soon but who knows

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Someone tell me please?

laugh.gif
If the Nuggets don't trade him, then he walks away on his own terms and they get nothing.

No team in their right mind is going to trade for him if he doesn't agree to an extension.

I'd say that he has all the leverage in the world.
But then he can't get his money.

I just think it's moronic to leave that much money on the table.

Originally Posted by DubA169

why does melo give a flying *$@% about adding teams just so denver can get the best offer? 

because not all players are like Lebron James. maybe anthony appreciates all that the nuggets organization has done for him but its time to move on and rather leave them crippled with no options like lebron did to cleveland, he would like to atleast help them out some.

Back
Top Bottom