* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Robert Horry is the greatest "role" player the game has ever known. 

He helped make Dream, Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan's career's better with his clutch plays in huge moments. 

He also helped destroy moments for Ewing, Webber, young Shaq (but I guess he paid him back
laugh.gif
) Nash, and the Pistons. 

I left Bron off this list, because he really didn't do a whole lot in the 07 finals, but he did affect Nash career that season. 
pimp.gif

If I ran things, Rob Horry have his own wing in the Hall.  And his endless playoff life on loop for all to see. 

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by slickrick916

Robert Horry on the list!? Wow.

indifferent.gif

I'm tired of dudes acting like Horry is a average player. GTFOOH. That man is the epitome of clutch. 
Being clutch does not mean youre above average. 

that simmons list is real close to me calling it trash.

shaq was a greater player than duncan

hakeem might be in the wrong spot

nash is way too high.  he had tons of average years and like 4 or 5 great years

mitch richmond isnt on there

rober horry shouldnt be on there. if so,lets make a case for fisher. add up all of fishers clutch moments,horry doesnt have that many more.

wilt is too low. should be top 5

all i can think of now. but that list pretty much sucks. except for mj being number 1.

Originally Posted by JD617

I'm tired of dudes acting like Horry is a average player.
He was an average player.

Also, if you're really a Heat fan and not a bandwagon rider you know damn well what losing is like.

%@#+ the Heat, I'm a LBJ fan. I could give two $#+%! about MIA.

Originally Posted by JD617

I'm tired of dudes acting like Horry is a average player.
He was an average player.

Also, if you're really a Heat fan and not a bandwagon rider you know damn well what losing is like.

!@%* the Heat, I'm a LBJ fan. I could give two #+%+% about MIA.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by slickrick916

Robert Horry on the list!? Wow.

indifferent.gif

I'm tired of dudes acting like Horry is a average player. GTFOOH. That man is the epitome of clutch. 
Robert wasn't a great player and doesn't deserve to be on that list. Him being clutch is nice and all but that doesn't make you one of the best.

Originally Posted by DubA169

robert horry is not an average player.

you know how there are undeniable great closers in baseball? like Mo? robert horry is one of the most clutch "closers" the NBA has seen. he should get much respect for what he did. he was very good at a specific thing and helped changed the fortunes of 3 franchises.

4 if you count him throwing nash into the table
Hitting a couple of shots (some of which were WIDE open) does not make you an above average player. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

you know how there are undeniable great closers in baseball? like Mo? robert horry is one of the most clutch "closers" the NBA has seen. he should get much respect for what he did. he was very good at a specific thing and helped changed the fortunes of 3 franchises.

Hitting a couple of shots (some of which were WIDE open) does not make you an above average player. 
laugh.gif
anyone can hit open shots. but not everyone can hit open shots under pressure numerous times on different teams when it counts most

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

rober horry shouldnt be on there. if so,lets make a case for fisher. add up all of fishers clutch moments,horry doesnt have that many more.

all i can think of now. but that list pretty much sucks. except for mj being number 1.
I would prolly put Duncan slightly ahead of Shaw...There no right or wrong answer imo though.  For you to act like its a travesty is ******ed.

Shaq's Resume: 15x all-star, 1x MVP, 8x All NBA 1st team 2x All NBA 2nd team, 4x All NBA 3rd Team, 3x time All Defensive 2nd team, Rookie of the Year, 3 NBA finals MVP, 4 rings

Duncan: 12X All-Star, 2x MVP, 9x All NBA 1st team, 3x All NBA Second Team, 1x all NBA 3rd Team, 8x All-Defensive Team, 5x All 2nd Team Defense, Rookie of the Year, 3 NBA finals MVP, 4 Rings

I'll take Duncan for the fact that there is less of a charade following Duncan.  He comes to camp every eyar in shape ready to work and is only about his job.  Always giving 110%.  Can't say that with Shaw.  Shaq never gave a %$%% really.  He was only about Shaq.  You never had to worry about Duncan giving effort which is why I'll take him over Shaq.  Plus he won those 4 rings with 4 less talent than Shaq did.  You can trust me that Duncan and Kobe would have never broken up in the manner Shaw and Kobe did.  Obviously Shaq at his most dominant is obviously the best ever but too many red flags with his free throw shooting and defense. Shaq's intangibles>>>Duncan's, but Duncan's career>Shaw's imo.

When it comes to rankings these guys 1-12 it is rather pointless cause its impossible to really come up with sensible order.

how is someone with a career scoring avg of 7 points a game not a average player?

and Roberty horry in the HOF? LOL

so that means steve kerr, Ron harper, rodman, Michael Cooper and Dfish should get in also? they are won many rings and hit big shots as role player.

Horry was an average player...he hit some huge shots in his career, but 97% of his NBA existence was spent in a coma.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Robert Horry is the greatest "role" player the game has ever known. 

He helped make Dream, Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan's career's better with his clutch plays in huge moments. 

He also helped destroy moments for Ewing, Webber, young Shaq (but I guess he paid him back
laugh.gif
) Nash, and the Pistons. 

I left Bron off this list, because he really didn't do a whole lot in the 07 finals, but he did affect Nash career that season. 
pimp.gif

If I ran things, Rob Horry have his own wing in the Hall.  And his endless playoff life on loop for all to see. 
I'd probably visit just to see how the Steve Kerr lobby was decorated.

^
Yeah, but you confused.  Kerr probably hit 4-5 big shots for those 5 rings of his. 

Rob hit 4-5 shots per postseason for his 7. 
wink.gif

And again, Horry won multiple with THREE teams.  Nobody else will do that.  That means Kerr would still need to win twice with another franchise.  So yeah, Kerr could get a corner, maybe a broom closet, Horry gets a wing. 
happy.gif

That Shaq/Duncan break down by Penny was interesting.  Duncan/Kobe could have more then 3 right?  Similar work ethic, similar heart for the game.  Never thought of that.  That was THEE easiest reason for me to back Kobe when all that was goin down. I was sick and tired of Shaq taking months off.  Lookin at that team, and us in the 6th seed while he nursed his toe/ribs/foot/wrist at the clubs every night, was pretty annoying.  IMO, Shaq should have MORE then what he actually does.  Call me greedy, but he could have done enormous numbers/titles.  Kareem like.

Career averages of 7.0 and 4.8 aren't exactly the type of number that the Hall of Fame is looking for...

[table][tr][td]Michael Jordan[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bill Russell[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Kareem Abdul Jabbar[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Magic Johnson[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Larry Bird[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Wilt Chamberlain[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Tim Duncan[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Jerry West[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Oscar Robertson[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Hakeem Olajuwon[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Shaquille Oneal[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Moses Malone[/td][td]Level 5[/td][/tr][tr][td]John Havlicek[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Elgin Baylor[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Kobe Bryant[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Julius Erving[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bob Pettit[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Karl Malone[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Charles Barkley[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]LeBron James[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bob Cousy[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Kevin Garnett[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Isiah Thomas[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Scottie Pippen[/td][td]Level 4[/td][/tr][tr][td]John Stockton[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Rick Barry[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bill Walton[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]David Robinson[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Allen Iverson[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Willis Reed[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dave Cowens[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Walt Frazier[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Sam Jones[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]George Gervin[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Kevin McHale[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]George Mikan[/td][td]Level 3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dirk Nowitski[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Steve Nash[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Patrick Ewing[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Gary Payton[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Wes Unseld[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Jason Kidd[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Clyde Drexler[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Nate Thurmond[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dave DeBusschere[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Hal Greer[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Billy Cunningham[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]James Worthy[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Elvin Hayes[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dolph Schayes[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bill Sharman[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dennis Johnson[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Paul Pierce[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dominique Wilkins[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Paul Arizin[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Tommy Heinsohn[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bernard King[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Robert Parish[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Nate Archibald[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bob McAdoo[/td][td]Level 2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reggie Miller[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Ray Allen[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Jerry Lucas[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Alex English[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Adrian Dantley[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Earl Monroe[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Pete Maravich[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dennis Rodman[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]David Thompson[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Lenny Wilkens[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Chris Webber[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Sidney Moncrief[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Joe Dumars[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Tracy McGrady[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Artis Gilmore[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dan Issel[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Paul Westphal[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bobby Dandridge[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bailey Howell[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dave Bing[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Chris Mullin[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Vince Carter[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Cliff Hagan[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Robert Horry[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Arvydas Sabonis[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Connie Hawkins[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Gail Goodrich[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Shawn Kemp[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Chris Paul[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dwight Howard[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bob Lanier[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Kevin Johnson[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Jack Twyman[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Jo Jo White[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Tom Chambers[/td][td]Level 1[/td][/tr][/table]

So we can keep this close and not have to jump back several pages.  NT all messed up today. 
smh.gif

Shaq was just a monster, flat out beast. No one can stop him if he ever wanted to get to the rim. Hes what you'd call a true 5.

Duncan, well he's just Timmy.

You cant go wrong with either choice, but Timmy D would be the better lockerroom guy, and shaq would prob. be the one you'd take for a dominant 5.

And big shot rob in the HOF?
laugh.gif

Give me a damn break.

Originally Posted by Durden7

laugh.gif
anyone can hit open shots. but not everyone can hit open shots under pressure numerous times on different teams when it counts most

It certainly want numerous times.  It was a few times.  Lets not get carried away and make it seem like he was hitting game winners every year.

The number of teams he played on is totally irrelevant.  That has absolutely nothing to do with this at all. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

I would prolly put Duncan slightly ahead of Shaw...There no right or wrong answer imo though.  For you to act like its a travesty is ******ed.

Shaq's Resume: 15x all-star, 1x MVP, 8x All NBA 1st team 2x All NBA 2nd team, 4x All NBA 3rd Team, 3x time All Defensive 2nd team, Rookie of the Year, 3 NBA finals MVP, 4 rings

Duncan: 12X All-Star, 2x MVP, 9x All NBA 1st team, 3x All NBA Second Team, 1x all NBA 3rd Team, 8x All-Defensive Team, 5x All 2nd Team Defense, Rookie of the Year, 3 NBA finals MVP, 4 Rings

I'll take Duncan for the fact that there is less of a charade following Duncan.  He comes to camp every eyar in shape ready to work and is only about his job.  Always giving 110%.  Can't say that with Shaw.  Shaq never gave a %$%% really.  He was only about Shaq.  You never had to worry about Duncan giving effort which is why I'll take him over Shaq.  Plus he won those 4 rings with 4 less talent than Shaq did.  You can trust me that Duncan and Kobe would have never broken up in the manner Shaw and Kobe did.  Obviously Shaq at his most dominant is obviously the best ever but too many red flags with his free throw shooting and defense. Shaq's intangibles>>>Duncan's, but Duncan's career>Shaw's imo.

When it comes to rankings these guys 1-12 it is rather pointless cause its impossible to really come up with sensible order.

well it wasnt a HUGE screw up

but he had duncan like 4 spots ahead of shaq

when i think shaq should be ahead

The four-team, five-player trade that went down on Wednesday couldhave actually been a lot bigger, according to a league source.

The Bobcats and Raptors nearly got involved in the fray.

Under one additional wrinkle, Charlotte would have sent ErickDampier to Indiana, the Pacers would have shipped T.J. Ford to theRaptors and the Bobcats would have acquired Jose Calderon.

Even though its pretty close for me, I would put Duncan's career > Shaq as well.

Maybe if you would've asked me around the time Shaq won his last ring with the Lakers, he would've been ahead. Shaq was more dominant in his prime, but he wasn't Shaq anymore after he got that ring with Miami. Duncan still averaging a double-double til' this day even though he's not as good as he use to be. Basically a lot of things that I was going to say have already been said.

I'm putting Duncan ahead of Shaq as well.
I can only imagine what TD + Kobe would have been like..
eek.gif

PO

Back
Top Bottom