* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Is this a joke?

April Fools day today?

Seriously? 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well, none of you can ever ever ever ever doubt me again when i say that John is a certified Spurs/Suns homer and the biggest Laker hater this side of Zo. 
laugh.gif

Cavs/Clippers/Raptors/Nets/Wolves/Lakers........which of these teams don't belong? 
roll.gif

But the Spurs are winners, cuz they saved money, ya know, other then the 14 million dollar deal they gave Matt Bonner, and the 39 million they gave to Richard Jefferson.  Other then that, they're winners. 

@#$% outta here "expert" .  'Scuse me for a moment........

I'm still waiting for all those folks talking about "Prokorov is going to own the league this FA class" to come back out of hiding.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Do you not understand context?
Yes, we're the second biggest losers this offseason because now we're only the Co-favorites to win the NBA championship for the third straight year.  I feel so ashamed. 

Seriously, why did ESPN even let him submit the article? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Even Bill Simmons wouldn't write some garbage like that

Dude should be fired, but whatever. 

I saw the Yao thing on twitter, that's bad bad bad news. 
tired.gif

Almundson is saying goodbye to the Suns as well apparently, his agent says he is the best big man available at this time. 
laugh.gif
  Shaq be rollin over in his grave. 

Originally Posted by franchise3

Yao saying he might retire if his foot doesn't heal properly.

Good call.

I really hope it doesn't come to that.
tired.gif

Good pickup in Sessions for the Cavs...

Telfair will get bought out or waived no doubt from Minny. Good thing too, since his 1st run didn't work out there.

Originally Posted by Proshares

[h3]Minnesota Timberwolves[/h3]

min.gif

KAAHHHHNNNN!!! OK, had to get that one out. No, nobody is quite sure what the strategy is under Timberwolves general manager David Kahn.

I'd say they're rebuilding, but their big free-agent pickup was a 30-year-old point guard, and they traded their first-round pick for Martell Webster.

I'd say they're focusing on value contracts, but they just gave Darko Milicic a four-year, $20 million deal.

I'd say they're trying to corner the market on point guards, but the league has about 70 of them and the Wolves can hoard only 15 at any one time.

I'd say they're acquiring players who can thrive in coach Kurt Rambis' triangle system, except they're not -- they keep acquiring small pick-and-roll point guards with iffy outside shots.

I'd say they're building around character and discipline, but they traded for Michael Beasley and Milicic.

I'd say they're focused on opportunistic trades, except that they unloaded their best player for 50 cents on the dollar and repeated the exercise with Ramon Sessions.

The only thing I can confidently say is that they'll be terrible again this year, and probably for several years afterward. The Wolves have a rising star in Kevin Love and a couple of other interesting pieces (keep an eye on Euro import Nikola Pekovic), but it's not clear whether they're coming or going right now. I'm not sure they know, either.

Wow is Kahn the biggest joke to reports right now?
I like all the things he's done so far. I like the idea of Love and Beasley on the floor as a 3 and 4. not as 4 and 5.
He's doing good right now I'll judge his decision down the road at least we don't have any horrible contracts.
Say what you want about Darko but he did play very well and I'm cool that he is back. Pekovic is the dude I want to see this season.

While Kahn's moves may be unconventional, with not much to work with when he received the position he's done a fine job.

To be quite honest, I somewhat believe that these reporters and writers feel David Kahn got the job without much of a resume, so whether it's consciously or subconsciously, they resent him because of it. They don't quite understand how he was hired because they believe their qualifications were better than his yet they're making much less money. For example, Bill Simmons. Dude was said to be in the mix for the Timberwolves GM job (or at least he wanted it), but lost out to Kahn. What has Bill Simmons done EVER since Kahn received the job over him? Bashed him.

Good things David Kahn has done in just over a year of being the Timberwolves General Manager:

-Traded Mike Miller and Randy Foye to the Wizards (both aren't on the Wizards anymore) for the #5 pick, which turned into Ricky Rubio.
-Traded two second round picks to the Heat for Michael Beasley.
-Got the Timberwolves so far under to the cap that they'll be able to acquire a premium free agent via trade or sign & trade in the next year or so (think Iggy or J.Smith).
-Traded Brian Cardinal to the Knicks for Darko Milicic, who was getting no PT in NY. Darko proceeded to average 10 PPG and 6 RPG from there on out.
-Traded the #16 pick in the draft for Martell Webster. If you think that wasn't a good move, go throughout the years and check the % of how many mid-rounders turn out to be decent role players, which Martell already is.

People let ESPN get the better of them
laugh.gif

I think Yao is just being realistic than optimistic. Good for him, realizing that it's an uphill climb. I hope dude gets healthy too and lasts the season, as the Rockets can't rely on Brad Miller for 30M+ a game.

laugh.gif
@ the whole 'Kahhhn' thing

I think Yao is just being realistic than optimistic. Good for him, realizing that it's an uphill climb. I hope dude gets healthy too and lasts the season, as the Rockets can't rely on Brad Miller for 30M+ a game.

laugh.gif
@ the whole 'Kahhhn' thing

JPZx wrote:
-Got the Timberwolves so far under to the cap that they'll be able to acquire a premium free agent via trade or sign & trade in the next year or so (think Iggy or J.Smith).

This is a good thing? 

Adding Andre Iguodala to the Timberwolves wouldn't be good?

Because then in 2011:

PG- Rubio*
SG- Iguodala/Webster
SF- Beasley/Wes
PF- Love/Pekovic
C- Milicic/Pekovic

Obviously, it wouldn't exactly look like that, but you get the idea.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

That organization can't honestly believe Wes Johnson can play the 2 guard spot?
Who in the organization said that?
Originally Posted by franchise3

Wait, Simmons was in play for the Minny GM job?
I said he wanted the job. Not that he was a serious contender.
Originally Posted by Bigmike23

its a shame some of you cant "keep it real" about your team.
Like you with the Dallas Cowboys.

I defend my team against those that didn't watch one, single Timberwolves game all of last year (unless it was against their team of course). What's wrong with that?

Back
Top Bottom