* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Hollinger isn't hating. He's right, basically.

Buyer's remorse shipping them off. Which goes back to everybody in the first place not really getting what Kahn was doing. Draft Flynn, draft Rubio, sign Sessions. And then signed Ridnour a year later.

So really, what is the plan?

I knew something like that would come out later. That's why I said "Whatever." after I posted the transcript.

At this point, Chris is hurting the organization whether he's here or not. If he gets traded, the Hornets just traded the best point guard in the league. If he stays, the team can't trade Darren Collison for a piece that they need because they have no idea what will happen in the future with Paul, and it will always be lingering in the back of everyone's mind that this dude might not be here tomorrow. Even if they followed through on not giving in to Paul's demands and knew he would be here for the next two seasons, if you trade Collison, point guard is yet another need two summers from now.

That's far too risky. Move Chris and Okafor for either Greg Oden and Nicolas Batum or Danilo Gallinari and Anthony Randolph, and let's go.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Hollinger isn't hating. He's right, basically.

Buyer's remorse shipping them off. Which goes back to everybody in the first place not really getting what Kahn was doing. Draft Flynn, draft Rubio, sign Sessions. And then signed Ridnour a year later.

So really, what is the plan?
Do you not understand money?

If he thought money, why did he give those contracts in the first place?

Now Flynn's injured, imagine Kahn goes out and sign another point guard
laugh.gif

Do you not understand Kahn is a moron?
If you were handed the job of GMing a team that had been torn to shreds by Kevin McHale's mistakes, has only had ONE significant season in it's history, and is not a good place to live during the playing season... even the smartest guy will look like a moron. Just sayin.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I knew something like that would come out later. That's why I said "Whatever." after I posted the transcript.

At this point, Chris is hurting the organization whether he's here or not. If he gets traded, the Hornets just traded the best point guard in the league. If he stays, the team can't trade Darren Collison for a piece that they need because they have no idea what will happen in the future with Paul, and it will always be lingering in the back of everyone's mind that this dude might not be here tomorrow. Even if they followed through on not giving in to Paul's demands and knew he would be here for the next two seasons, if you trade Collison, point guard is yet another need two summers from now.

That's far too risky. Move Chris and Okafor for either Greg Oden and Nicolas Batum or Danilo Gallinari and Anthony Randolph, and let's go.
OR, why not trade chris to orlando for jameer, VC, and either bass or gortat and trade okafor to a third team?? I believe it was you who stated to me that orlando has NO SHOT at getting paul, but c'mon even you would have to agree that oden and batum or gallo and randolph are not enough to pry paul out of NO. Besides if new orleans was smart they would not trade paul within the western conference. My guess as stated above is the hornets are looking only to move him east. Orlando already has a dominant big man (which is why he'd prefer the magic) and they are ready to contend for atleast another 2-3 years.

New Orleans would most likely prefer two players on rookie contracts with high potential (Danilo and Randolph) than get VC, and two contracts in Bass and Gortat.

Jameer is unnecessary with Collison still there.

Yeah, and who the +!%@ would take Okafor? Cmon please.

And, whats the point in taking back Neer when they got DC? be realistic. You cant play two undersized guards, although both are somewhat decent shooters either.

Either way, its going to take a 3rd team in order for anyone to land CP3, IMO.

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

Originally Posted by JPZx

2hedm2t.jpg

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Nice deal I would have like to see West and Beasley here in MN. I could go to the games chanting "Gloria where you at?
laugh.gif

My guess is that they bring in a young guy maybe Sherron Collins?Maybe Westbrook from the Gophers? I'm just throwing names out there just like Kahn might do.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

OR, why not trade chris to orlando for jameer, VC, and either bass or gortat and trade okafor to a third team?? I believe it was you who stated to me that orlando has NO SHOT at getting paul, but c'mon even you would have to agree that oden and batum or gallo and randolph are not enough to pry paul out of NO. Besides if new orleans was smart they would not trade paul within the western conference. My guess as stated above is the hornets are looking only to move him east. Orlando already has a dominant big man (which is why he'd prefer the magic) and they are ready to contend for atleast another 2-3 years.

i know your a magic fan but come on now....nobody needs orlando's crap. why would they want nelson when the have collison? VC's contract needs to be bought out. and gortat and bass are garbage. AND you want another team to take okafor??? you are dreaming...

oden and batum or gallo and ar plus picks or curry's expiring is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the crap orlando can offer...

I just came up with a FANTASTIC trade in the Trade Machine for NO and CP3
pimp.gif
..... Will post when I am home
pimp.gif

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68371/20100726/report_paul_still_wants_to_be_traded/[/h1]
[h1]Report: Paul Still Wants To Be Traded[/h1]

Jul 26, 2010 9:59 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh.jpg
Despite positive statements about his future in New Orleans following Monday's meeting with the team, Chris Paul is still seeking a way out, according to a source close to the point guard.

It at first appeared as though the Hornets had completely ended the Paul saga, but Ken Berger of CBS Sports reports that isn't the case.

"The telltale thing is that Chris Paul won't comment publicly other than what was released about it," said a person familiar with Paul's strategy.

"Leon Rose didn't come out and say, 'Chris is happy in New Orleans.' If he was happy, they would've said that. ... The only way they can get close to full value is to say, 'You guys can't make trade demands.' They're orchestrating this thing to likely move him."

A number of sources indicate that Paul and his new group of power brokers at Creative Artists Agency, led by Rose, continue to pull strings behind the scenes.

Meanwhile, the Hornets have been looking at the Magic, Bobcats and Nets as potential trade partners.

New Orleans appears focused on trading Paul to the Eastern Conference, while Paul wants to compete for a championship.

"Basically, he doesn't think they're good enough and he's put LeBron's people around him for a reason," the person familiar with Paul's strategy said. "And he doesn't want to wait two years and be 27 years old trying to get on a championship team. He wants to do it now."

The Hornets are standing firm on not letting Paul dictate which teams he'll like to be traded to.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

i know your a magic fan but come on now....nobody needs orlando's crap. why would they want nelson when the have collison? VC's contract needs to be bought out. and gortat and bass are garbage. AND you want another team to take okafor??? you are dreaming...

oden and batum or gallo and ar plus picks or curry's expiring is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the crap orlando can offer...

aside from collison, who is another point gaurd on NO roster?? i here people saying they have no need for nelson, but don't they need atleast 2 other point guards? and how are gortat and bass garbage?? do you know how difficult it is to have quality big men in todays league? if gortat was garbage, why did dallas offer him a starting job last season before orlando matched. Oden is busted goods, portland i doubt will part ways with batum and gallo is nice but not nice enough for hornets to pull trigger. Come on man you gotta make a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY better argument than that. You sounding like you don't want orlando to be a front-runner in case NO does decide to deal paul
laugh.gif

Bass and Gortat, although nice pieces to a team that may be contending, are useless to a team that is trying to rebuild.

End of story.

CP should have absolutely no say in what happens to him for the next two years. He is under contract and it's entirely up to the Hornets to decide where he goes, if anywhere. At least Kobe had the no-trade clause that made his list of preferred destinations worth a damn.

nobody needs 2 legit starting PGs on their roster. unless another team can get involved that u instead of getting jameer NO gets another wing/big the package makes no sense for them. also having a past prime VC there is pointless for a team looking to rebuild for the future. it just makes more sense to get young players with potential that can grow along with collisson instead of take that orlando deal.

edit: eff grammar im tired

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

CP should have absolutely no say in what happens to him for the next two years. He is under contract and it's entirely up to the Hornets to decide where he goes, if anywhere. At least Kobe had the no-trade clause that made his list of preferred destinations worth a damn.

I agree whole heartedly, but there ain't nothing worse than being a rookie head coach with a disgruntled star. Its obvious that Bron, wade, and bosh have gotten into paul's head. Dude says hes looking forward to representing NOLA but deep down dude wants to bounce
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom