* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Does this mean Snaq is going to Dallas or will he crawl his fat %*+ back to Miami to join the Superfriends

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Shaq probably thinking to himself, if he joins the heat with the all-stars he will make them the fantastic four again. Coming up with his ******ed nicknmes.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

And with what money are the heat going to get mike miller with?
Would he play for a bag of peanuts and a seat on the foot stool of LeBron's throne?
Apparently he would, that's why he hasn't taken the Laker offer. He's waiting on where Lebron signs.

Originally Posted by sensation87

The proposed deal, sources said, would send Beasley and Rockets forward Jared Jeffries to Charlotte, land Bobcats center Tyson Chandler in Houston and create sufficient cap space for Heat president Pat Riley to offer max-contract money to Wade, Bosh and James.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/...i-pull-off-beasley-trade

do it morey. I knew he had something planned. Chandler for Jeffries is good in my book, both expiring. Yao would have back up now.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

And with what money are the heat going to get mike miller with?

alanhahn

Hearing Miami is close to completing a three-team deal to move Michael Beasley and get a trade exception back to open up more cap space.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Yes.... The heat owner always said he is willing up pay the tax if it means championship team.... Our owner is the 3rd richest nba owner.(he was behind Paul Allen til the Russian dude came).
laugh.gif
at lebron going to the heat means nothing.... People said all we had was Wade and a bunch of scrubs and we still ended up 5th in the east. You really don't think that's adding 2 more all stars don't mean nothing?
You have 5 players on your team contract if Lebron signs..

They won't win a damn thing if they don't add a good bench.

And they just won't be able to.

If I were a Heat fan I wouldn't want Lebron on my team... They have nothing but 3 players.. nothing.. With Lebron they have little room to work with for a better PG and even a big..  Then what do they have for a bench? 3 2nd round draft picks.. That doesn't win championships.

It will be a couple disappointing years in Miami...
laugh.gif
this is what we had last year and got the 5th seed...
starters.... arroyo, wade, qrich, beasley, JO
bench... haslem, wright, chalmers, joel anthony.... how good did our bench look while making it 5th in the east?

we still have chalmers, beasley.... if im right we own bird rights to haslem and wright.. so we should be able to resign them and go over the cap...  i gotta check if we got qrich bird rights from the trade with blount not sure though...
so you are telling my that we are missing 3 starters (arroyo, qrich, JO ) 1 bench player ( joel anthony ) and replacing them with lebron and bosh DONT MEAN NOTHING?....

im not saying we need lebron... if he comes cool if not, we still got what we wished for in bosh.... we can use the money to round out the team... but if you think losing 4 players and bringing in lebron and bosh while still using a vets min to bring another person isnt gonna win? you just have a lot of hate.... we still have some rookies that can also put in work...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Chaos Theory[/h1]
[h2][/h2]
How LeBron reigned over the Digital Age.

by Christian Waterman

Before pens have even had the chance to hit paper, we’ve seen articles and segments on the winners and losers, the pros and cons of each free agent signing. This fiasco has been snowballing since 2007 when LeBron, DWade and Bosh inked their extensions with opt-out clauses after three years. Even Carmelo Anthony, who locked in for an extra year and may not even see the (p)light of free agency, has been a major storyline in this saga. To paraphrase the almighty Drizzy, what are we do-in? What are we do-in?

This one man, from whom I haven’t heard a peep since his appreciation day in Akron, flipped the sports world on its axis and spun it on his finger for the last two months without a flinch. Wait, hold on a minute? I’m getting word from multiple sources that LeBron is set to join forces with Stephon Marbury to form a dynasty with the Shanxi Zhongyu Brave Dragons. One executive with knowledge of the negotiations said that China will transfer over 50 percent of the United States debt to James, along with logo placement on the nation’s flag.

While the reports haven’t been that outlandish, they’ve sure teetered close. He who must not be named invented the stories of Phil Jackson and Coach Cal clamoring to take the Bulls’ job, only to have them shot down. They who also mustn’t be named finally got their mark when the “Free Agent Summit

Originally Posted by Essential1

Yes.... The heat owner always said he is willing up pay the tax if it means championship team.... Our owner is the 3rd richest nba owner.(he was behind Paul Allen til the Russian dude came).
laugh.gif
at lebron going to the heat means nothing.... People said all we had was Wade and a bunch of scrubs and we still ended up 5th in the east. You really don't think that's adding 2 more all stars don't mean nothing?
You have 5 players on your team contract if Lebron signs..

They won't win a damn thing if they don't add a good bench.

And they just won't be able to.

If I were a Heat fan I wouldn't want Lebron on my team... They have nothing but 3 players.. nothing.. With Lebron they have little room to work with for a better PG and even a big..  Then what do they have for a bench? 3 2nd round draft picks.. That doesn't win championships.

It will be a couple disappointing years in Miami...
laugh.gif
this is what we had last year and got the 5th seed...
starters.... arroyo, wade, qrich, beasley, JO
bench... haslem, wright, chalmers, joel anthony.... how good did our bench look while making it 5th in the east?

we still have chalmers, beasley.... if im right we own bird rights to haslem and wright.. so we should be able to resign them and go over the cap...  i gotta check if we got qrich bird rights from the trade with blount not sure though...
so you are telling my that we are missing 3 starters (arroyo, qrich, JO ) 1 bench player ( joel anthony ) and replacing them with lebron and bosh DONT MEAN NOTHING?....

im not saying we need lebron... if he comes cool if not, we still got what we wished for in bosh.... we can use the money to round out the team... but if you think losing 4 players and bringing in lebron and bosh while still using a vets min to bring another person isnt gonna win? you just have a lot of hate.... we still have some rookies that can also put in work...
I'm not saying compared to their team last year.. I'm saying  Lebron, Bosh, Wade, Chalmers and Beasley will get no where near a championship..It's just not enough team..

You're going to fill that team bench with a bunch of weak players and expect to beat the Magic, let alone the Celtics, let alone the Lakers..

Sure you will compete with the starters but those 15 minutes that the benches play will be blow outs, so your team will even itself out..

That team has a good top 3 probably best in the league but benches are important in championships, ask the Celtics & Lakers.

its known that these 3 players can carry a team... i highly doubt that the coach is dumb enough to have them all sit out at the same time... these 3 players are still young unlike some of the older players on the celtics that need their rest..... im pretty sure that one of these guys can sit a little earlier or play a little longer so that another one can get a rest...

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

The proposed deal, sources said, would send Beasley and Rockets forward Jared Jeffries to Charlotte, land Bobcats center Tyson Chandler in Houston and create sufficient cap space for Heat president Pat Riley to offer max-contract money to Wade, Bosh and James.

do it morey. I knew he had something planned. Chandler for Jeffries is good in my book, both expiring. Yao would have back up now.
Morey
pimp.gif

And all we'd have to give up is jeffries?! Although Chandler is injury prone, he still provides the length and shot blocking that we need to back up Yao.

But I don't understand Toronto's unwillingness to make this deal happen, they know Bosh isn't signing with them why not get a 1st round pick out of it?

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

I think Morey should re-sign Scola and Lowry first before finding a back-up for Yao. Chandler's $12mil is 2X as big as Jeffries' contract. Of course, sucks that Houston couldn't get Bosh. 

Lee for Randolph and Ellis is absolutely ridiculous. Hell to the no.

Even Randolph and Turiaf is meh to me, more so considering the contract Lee is going to get.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

The Mavericks have agreed to terms on a six-year, $55 year million deal to re-sign center Brendan Haywood, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

wow what the %!!# is cuban doing??? that guy is a $#%*@%@ bum...  then again didnt he also overpay dampier??? go figure

Originally Posted by TheGift23

eek.gif
Essiential1, good god sir... you are a 100% in denial/ true hater.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

It's not like I'm saying they will not make the playoffs.. 

What I'm saying is they will have a great starting 3. 2 scrubs to fill out the starters and a scrub bench. That is all they will have room for.. If they get Lebron..

That is not the build of a championship team and it never will be...

What I am also saying is they can save the money from Lebron get 3 players for that money and be just as good without Lebron... And have the ability to continue building.. But with Lebron you will just keep signing old players to a 1 year contract, are we really to think that a year older Shaq will make a difference?

It's not denial it's not hatred, it is what the past always shows... Unless you have 5 hall of fame starters you still need your bench to win that championship..

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Nets were banking on a big named FA... Chances are we won't get one. Now its on to "Plan B" the "Lesser" of the FA's...

I still have confidence in our young guys from last year. Hopefully we can work out a trade to get a player who can have an impact on our team.

Nets are also interested in Tyrus Thomas...

this is where Gilbert Arenas starts coming into play and maybe even Monta Ellis but I don't see the Nets going after him ...... heck even AI2 is supposed to be out there

Bill Simmons wrote in his article that in 2008 someone said that while playing for team USA they made a pact to play together in 2010 for whoever had the cap room. I don't believe it...smh...LeBron to NY!

Lowry and Scola are RFA's. There's no need for Morey to pitch them contracts. Why offer Scola 10M+ for example, when, maybe nobody is willing to go that high? When it comes to RFA's, you let the market dictate the prices, and teams have the upper hand, since they can match. Or not.

Chandler is injury prone, but he's on the last year of his deal. He can provide length and more importantly, a back up to Yao. Or a starter if something goes on with Yao.

With so many PF's and SF's, Jeffries is expendable.

Toronto is leary to do this, because they don't want anything back but draft picks and cash. And the trade exception they'd be getting. This deal, I think the Rockets still gotta include a small contract to make the numbers work.

In other news, David Lee has agreed to become a Warrior at 13M per. Of course, the trade is off if Lebron chooses NYC. Reason being is, the Knicks would have to renounce Lee in order to wiggle in Lebron, since they already got Amare for the max. So if Bron chooses somewhere other than NYC, Lee will become a Warrior

Lowry and Scola are RFA's. There's no need for Morey to pitch them contracts. Why offer Scola 10M+ for example, when, maybe nobody is willing to go that high? When it comes to RFA's, you let the market dictate the prices, and teams have the upper hand, since they can match. Or not.

Chandler is injury prone, but he's on the last year of his deal. He can provide length and more importantly, a back up to Yao. Or a starter if something goes on with Yao.

With so many PF's and SF's, Jeffries is expendable.

Toronto is leary to do this, because they don't want anything back but draft picks and cash. And the trade exception they'd be getting. This deal, I think the Rockets still gotta include a small contract to make the numbers work.

In other news, David Lee has agreed to become a Warrior at 13M per. Of course, the trade is off if Lebron chooses NYC. Reason being is, the Knicks would have to renounce Lee in order to wiggle in Lebron, since they already got Amare for the max. So if Bron chooses somewhere other than NYC, Lee will become a Warrior

This $$#% just got serious..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LeBron James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, two sources confirm to UsMagazine.com.

That adds more fuel to the fire that James, 25, will announce he's joining the Miami Heat Thursday night, as several insiders told ESPN this morning.

[h1]http://www.kixandthecity.com/lebrons-sneakers-hold-the-answer-to-the-decision/[/h1]
[h1]LeBron's Sneakers Hold the Answer to "The Decision"[/h1]
Jul 08, 2010 | Comments 2 | ShareThis

lebronheatpenny.jpg

I often say that you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes and while much of the media is feverishly searching for inside leads to LeBron's decision, I'll just take a look at his sneakers. With that said, LeBron was spotted rocking a pair of Miami Heat Nike Air Penny 2s at his camp this week, just days before "The Decision". Coincidence? If so, it would be one crazy coincidence. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see at 9pm tonight.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

The Mavericks have agreed to terms on a six-year, $55 year million deal to re-sign center Brendan Haywood, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

wow what the %!!# is cuban doing??? that guy is a $#%*@%@ bum...  then again didnt he also overpay dampier??? go figure
You are kinda right...but that it shows how weak the league is in terms of quality of Centers these days.

Yuku ftl since I quote you franchise3.

But yeah, I don't mean to say Morey should offer contracts to Scola and Lowry, well technically, they have been offered the qualifying offers already... Just thinking financially, taking in an extra $6 mil for Chandler is not that enticing. There's always Chuck Hayes!

Back
Top Bottom