OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by five30

^Is that how your DKs looked after you played in them outdoors?
yep
I should start playing outdoors then because those things look pristine.
smokin.gif

^Yea, I'm may have to buy another pair of Aways to try outdoors. My court is basically a tennis court with a decent hoop, so it's not rough concrete or anything.

^Is that how your DKs looked after you played in them outdoors?
yep
I should start playing outdoors then because those things look pristine.
smokin.gif

I played a 40 min indoor game in my DKs n the blue midsole creased like crazy. Rest of the shoe was still fresh tho.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Gsdoubleu.... I swear man... Your pics are too dope

it's the hardwood floor/lighting
pimp.gif

your ankles are skinny as hell though lol...

thought I was alone in the skinny ankle world lol

Originally Posted by superman1007

Don't want to sound like a broken record but is there any info on that jacket Kobe was wearing this weekend? And yesterday was a good valentines day wifey suprised me with the away Kobe v's to add in with the dk's, Bruce lee's,chaos, and asg's.
Dang....all I got was See's candy and a card..... :-(

Originally Posted by Gggggas

Originally Posted by swooshallday

Originally Posted by BOLT55

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

What's up with nike using these small forefoot zoom units like in the huaraches?
KOBE is not some generic bench player! Nike should have used a full forefoot zoom unit in these. Just imagine how much more comfy these could have been if they did. Stop being cheap nike!

i think on the vids/interviews they were saying that the zoom is thicker in the heel. kobe was also saying something like he wanted to feel low to the ground.   maybe they're saving rounds for the vi.... 

IV: zoom in heel.
V: zoom in heel and forefoot. 
VI: full length low profile zoom??
the same goes for every other gadgets in our everyday life. the best at that moment can come out, but the big business guys sees the big picture. they are just going slowly so they can pull as much money as they can out of our pockets. that's why we are never 100% satisfy.
As written by _Nick on ISS:

In terms of the V...the weight difference of a Met bag versus wider bag is too minimal to matter....at a production level, I've heard it costs around .75 cents more per pair for the wider-width bag, which would be around $3-5 more at retail. 

I've talked with Eric often about the Met bag versus full-width bag and the continual reason he gives (which makes sense) is that the Met bag allows for better lateral flexibility. You'll notice he designs a segmenting line right through the middle of the shoe's outsole, and the problem with a larger volume/ wider bag is that the Zoom units are so thin (normally 6 or 8mm) and under a ton of pressure and on a huge lateral plant/ slash they could be susceptible to over-flex and then blow out. For a guy of my frame, it may not be an issue, but for a larger player putting more stress on the shoe (ummm...KOBE), it makes sense why they stick with the met head. Kobe doesn't wear orthotics and wears the shoes as-is, and for years he's really enjoyed the ride/ stance of the Met bag and combination of cushioning/ court feel/ flexibility that it provides him, so of course they'll continue to "listen to the athlete." 

Kobe is always crazy about "not losing seconds" on his plants and cuts, and he feels the lack of the bag on the lateral side of the shoe allows the shoe to react quicker than if there were a Zoom unit there, which would take a slight amount of time longer to compress and then react
Thanks for the explanation. Once you explained the reasons behind the Met bag instead of a larger zoom unit it made sense. The base of the shoes is really bare bones - just zoom, foam, and rubber. I really like the V's simplicity!

Originally Posted by jmizzo

Originally Posted by superman1007

Don't want to sound like a broken record but is there any info on that jacket Kobe was wearing this weekend? And yesterday was a good valentines day wifey suprised me with the away Kobe v's to add in with the dk's, Bruce lee's,chaos, and asg's.
Dang....all I got was See's candy and a card..... :-(

word mizzo, all I got was a card and some %$+.  Would have rather had Kobes
laugh.gif
  I can get that other stuff anytime....

Just got my ASG's from Eastbay today

DK>All-Stars>Bruce Lee>White/Red>Away>Chaos (though I have not seen them in person and I hear they look better in person

I cannot wait for the Inline's and USC's (even though I HATE USC)

You get your ASG's Abstract? (it's witnesskb24 btw, my real names not suspended!)

I got mine today and I am pretty pleased. Hate that Footlocker didn't double box. Is anyones 3m part a little scratched up?

if these kobe's v's are breaking this many necks as everyone who rocks them are saying i cant wait til mine come and throw them on.

Wore my DK's today to play bball on an outside court, they held up just fine
4360436263_dcaaeb609e.jpg

Then UNds the ASG's to go to the Doc's office and to the mall, broke SOO many necks at the mall
eek.gif

4361170824_cbb071ab17.jpg
i'm jealous

i hope the DK's drop here in the bay area this weekend

Wore my DK's today to play bball on an outside court, they held up just fine
4360436263_dcaaeb609e.jpg

Then UNds the ASG's to go to the Doc's office and to the mall, broke SOO many necks at the mall
eek.gif

4361170824_cbb071ab17.jpg

Look like you wear your Kobes a size too big cuz theres a big gap between the heel and your archilles.

Back
Top Bottom