OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

its not only me bro, ppl have complained check out the posts in the 490's i think and i can recall like 2-3 ppl complain, sorry bro wen it comes to stuff like that, i really take time n make sure about the negatives of the kicks!!

Originally Posted by BOLT55

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

What's up with nike using these small forefoot zoom units like in the huaraches?
KOBE is not some generic bench player! Nike should have used a full forefoot zoom unit in these. Just imagine how much more comfy these could have been if they did. Stop being cheap nike!

i think on the vids/interviews they were saying that the zoom is thicker in the heel. kobe was also saying something like he wanted to feel low to the ground.   maybe they're saving rounds for the vi.... 

IV: zoom in heel.
V: zoom in heel and forefoot. 
VI: full length low profile zoom??
the same goes for every other gadgets in our everyday life. the best at that moment can come out, but the big business guys sees the big picture. they are just going slowly so they can pull as much money as they can out of our pockets. that's why we are never 100% satisfy.

Originally Posted by Steve212

Originally Posted by abernja

Been outta this thread for about the last 4-5 days. Anybody wanna update me on what's happened?

Cliffnotes?
You could skim through the last couple pages...
indifferent.gif
You do know this thread can go like 15 pages per day right? I did go back almost 10 pages and I was still on the 14th which was yesterday. It's gone up 3.5 pages since I went to work!!

Yo dalilboy ask KINGxB he has an extra 10 in the ASGs.
Just copped a pair of Chaos for $82 what a find.

Originally Posted by dalilboy

i need a pair of ASG's in a sz 10

Originally Posted by K I N G x B

check this out ya'll took the day off, so if anyone is looking for a size 10 asg and u live in the s.cali area, they're urs today!!!!!!!! need to get rid of these asap, n plus there not my size so i have to use for them. here's my cell 714-718-5936..
sorry mods i know dis ain't the b/s forum, but im mad/frustrated/disappointed due to the fact that i was willing to help out n then ppl back out, not trying to put ppl on blast, but its common sense, once i get rid of it i'm over it, and only willing to help ppl out if they front or i have helped out b4, again for the ppl who gave me info/advice, thanks n its much appreciated!!!!

Originally Posted by swooshallday

Originally Posted by BOLT55

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

What's up with nike using these small forefoot zoom units like in the huaraches?
KOBE is not some generic bench player! Nike should have used a full forefoot zoom unit in these. Just imagine how much more comfy these could have been if they did. Stop being cheap nike!

i think on the vids/interviews they were saying that the zoom is thicker in the heel. kobe was also saying something like he wanted to feel low to the ground.   maybe they're saving rounds for the vi.... 

IV: zoom in heel.
V: zoom in heel and forefoot. 
VI: full length low profile zoom??
the same goes for every other gadgets in our everyday life. the best at that moment can come out, but the big business guys sees the big picture. they are just going slowly so they can pull as much money as they can out of our pockets. that's why we are never 100% satisfy.
As written by _Nick on ISS:

In terms of the V...the weight difference of a Met bag versus wider bag is too minimal to matter....at a production level, I've heard it costs around .75 cents more per pair for the wider-width bag, which would be around $3-5 more at retail. 

I've talked with Eric often about the Met bag versus full-width bag and the continual reason he gives (which makes sense) is that the Met bag allows for better lateral flexibility. You'll notice he designs a segmenting line right through the middle of the shoe's outsole, and the problem with a larger volume/ wider bag is that the Zoom units are so thin (normally 6 or 8mm) and under a ton of pressure and on a huge lateral plant/ slash they could be susceptible to over-flex and then blow out. For a guy of my frame, it may not be an issue, but for a larger player putting more stress on the shoe (ummm...KOBE), it makes sense why they stick with the met head. Kobe doesn't wear orthotics and wears the shoes as-is, and for years he's really enjoyed the ride/ stance of the Met bag and combination of cushioning/ court feel/ flexibility that it provides him, so of course they'll continue to "listen to the athlete." 

Kobe is always crazy about "not losing seconds" on his plants and cuts, and he feels the lack of the bag on the lateral side of the shoe allows the shoe to react quicker than if there were a Zoom unit there, which would take a slight amount of time longer to compress and then react

Originally Posted by changstae

has anyone recieved their ASGs from eastbay?

My shipping status has not updated since the 12th. They went out FRI and regular ground takes 6-8 business days I think, so we might be looking at the end of the week or early next week. Hopefully they get here sooner.

my shippment status hasnt changed either since the 12th this is killing me i think im getting  the inlines n the lower marions n call it quits i would b happy with my lil kobe v collection

Originally Posted by jdub562

My shipping status has not updated since the 12th. They went out FRI and regular ground takes 6-8 business days I think, so we might be looking at the end of the week or early next week. Hopefully they get here sooner.
Just got my mine 5 minutes ago.

^^^thanks fella's, really appreciate it, its funny n wierd how u try n try ur hardest to help out n no one is interested n once it goes thru n u dont have it anymore, i got like 5 ppl interested after the fact sold it!!!!
Oh well....
Lee's here i come!!!!!!!!

Don't want to sound like a broken record but is there any info on that jacket Kobe was wearing this weekend? And yesterday was a good valentines day wifey suprised me with the away Kobe v's to add in with the dk's, Bruce lee's,chaos, and asg's.

Originally Posted by gimpy gimp

Originally Posted by jdub562

Just got my mine 5 minutes ago.
Congrats. did u pay xtra for faster shipping? I got free ground shipping and it said 6-8bus days I think. UPS guy already stopped by for another apt so doubt they come in for me today.

Originally Posted by th3darkhors3

I hope the dk's dont release on the 20th. i like to keep my limited releases limited if you know what i mean.
indifferent.gif
I still need some DK's and/or BL's
frown.gif

Wore my DK's today to play bball on an outside court, they held up just fine
4360436263_dcaaeb609e.jpg

Then UNds the ASG's to go to the Doc's office and to the mall, broke SOO many necks at the mall
eek.gif

4361170824_cbb071ab17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom