Official: Western Conference Finals Lakers vs. Suns thread (LAL 1-0)

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Should be a good game today....GREAT game if PHX pulls out the 1st W...
smokin.gif

GREAT like how they pulled out a sweep against the spurs?

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

Come on the Suns are a classy organization...The better team won what can I do about it?
tired.gif

Plus if the Spurs ain't in it I want to see a new champion
grin.gif

indifferent.gif

Come on the Suns are a classy organization...The better team won what can I do about it?
tired.gif

grin.gif

Don't they all? 

indifferent.gif

tired.gif

grin.gif

please define classy

and the Lakers arent classy? i know we have a lot of classless fans but every team has their share of classless idiots...but yet youre talking about the organization itself

Am I the only Laker fan not fully excited until the Finals start? I've barely been keeping up with the previous series and honestly, I'm not even amped up about this new one.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Am I the only Laker fan not fully excited until the Finals start? I've barely been keeping up with the previous series and honestly, I'm not even amped up about this new one.

That sounds like the words of a _______  should I say it?   Bandwaggon / Fairweather / Frontrunner fan 
nerd.gif

Yes, I believe you are the only one. 

Any of us could attest to it.  There's too many reasons not to be excited about this series.  Did you forget about the year 2006 & 2007?

I don't know how you can barely be keeping up with the previous series?  Playoff time is always exciting for your respective team.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

indifferent.gif

tired.gif

grin.gif

please define classy

and the Lakers arent classy? i know we have a lot of classless fans but every team has their share of classless idiots...but yet youre talking about the organization itself

oh nah man I'm not comparing both teams
laugh.gif

I'm saying when they sweep the Spurs it was done classy...Seeing that the Spurs owned them in the past...
Don't worry I got LA getting to the finals...But it would be nice to see an upset...Right?
happy.gif

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Suns have reacted with a collective smirk to Phil Jackson's suggestion that Steve Nash travels with the basketball.

Nash even had a subtle retort worthy of Jackson himself.

"It's news to me. I'm fortunate. I don't know if I've been called for a carry yet," he said after the Suns practiced Saturday, then he added straight-faced: "I've never heard anyone accuse me of carrying it. I mean, the best coach in the league Gregg Popovich [of San Antonio] didn't have a problem with it last week."

Get it? Popovich the best coach in the league?

"We have the best officials in the world," Nash continued. "I'll just leave it up to them."

Jackson had grinned when asked on Friday if it's tough for the Lakers to prepare to face Nash, the reigning NBA skills champion, because of the Suns guard's frenetic style.

"Yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said, making a gesture of palming the basketball. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it."

Asked Saturday in El Segundo at Lakers practice about Nash's comments, Jackson smiled and feigned innocence. "I didn't complain about it. Did you hear me complain about it?"

Phoenix coach Alvin Gentry laughed off the accusation.

"You guys got to admire Phil," Gentry said. "C'mon, the stuff that he throws out there, I mean I think it's great. He's very creative. There's a reason. But I think you've got to understand that there's kind of a method to his madness. If you let it affect you, then it will."

Gentry went on to praise Jackson for his ability to create championship chemistry on teams with great players, calling it "probably the toughest thing in the NBA to do."

He said the Suns weren't going to get drawn into what they consider Jackson's psychological ploy.

"How can we win that?" Gentry said. "We're not going to win that battle anyway."

But the Phoenix coach added a jab at the Lakers when he was asked jokingly if the team worked on ball handling skills.

"We spent the day ducking elbows on post-ups, to see if we could duck elbows on post-ups, " Gentry said, a not-to-thinly veiled nod to the Lakers' style. "So it all works out, it all works out."

Amare Stoudemire probably spoke for the rest of the team with his reaction.

"Typical Phil," he said.

Information from ESPNLosAngeles.com's Brian Kamenetzky and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Mission accomplished, Phil got what he wanted, a response.  And the Suns head coach gave it to him. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Suns have reacted with a collective smirk to Phil Jackson's suggestion that Steve Nash travels with the basketball.

Nash even had a subtle retort worthy of Jackson himself.

"It's news to me. I'm fortunate. I don't know if I've been called for a carry yet," he said after the Suns practiced Saturday, then he added straight-faced: "I've never heard anyone accuse me of carrying it. I mean, the best coach in the league Gregg Popovich [of San Antonio] didn't have a problem with it last week."

Get it? Popovich the best coach in the league?

"We have the best officials in the world," Nash continued. "I'll just leave it up to them."

Jackson had grinned when asked on Friday if it's tough for the Lakers to prepare to face Nash, the reigning NBA skills champion, because of the Suns guard's frenetic style.

"Yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said, making a gesture of palming the basketball. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it."

Asked Saturday in El Segundo at Lakers practice about Nash's comments, Jackson smiled and feigned innocence. "I didn't complain about it. Did you hear me complain about it?"

Phoenix coach Alvin Gentry laughed off the accusation.

"You guys got to admire Phil," Gentry said. "C'mon, the stuff that he throws out there, I mean I think it's great. He's very creative. There's a reason. But I think you've got to understand that there's kind of a method to his madness. If you let it affect you, then it will."

Gentry went on to praise Jackson for his ability to create championship chemistry on teams with great players, calling it "probably the toughest thing in the NBA to do."

He said the Suns weren't going to get drawn into what they consider Jackson's psychological ploy.

"How can we win that?" Gentry said. "We're not going to win that battle anyway."

But the Phoenix coach added a jab at the Lakers when he was asked jokingly if the team worked on ball handling skills.

"We spent the day ducking elbows on post-ups, to see if we could duck elbows on post-ups, " Gentry said, a not-to-thinly veiled nod to the Lakers' style. "So it all works out, it all works out."

Amare Stoudemire probably spoke for the rest of the team with his reaction.

"Typical Phil," he said.

Information from ESPNLosAngeles.com's Brian Kamenetzky and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Mission accomplished, Phil got what he wanted, a response.  And the Suns head coach gave it to him. 
laugh.gif

I'm sure Phil did it to get in their head. Not to get a smarky/passive response
grin.gif

Head game fail.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

grin.gif

Head game fail.

Any response or mention of his comment, just shows you that he got to them, therefore responding. 

grin.gif

Head game fail.

Any response or mention of his comment, just shows you that he got to them, therefore responding. 
No it doesn't.
laugh.gif
It just so happens that reporters ASKED them for a response. Just because they respond when ASKED about his comment doesn't mean a thing.

grin.gif

Head game fail.

No it doesn't.
laugh.gif
It just so happens that reporters ASKED them for a response. Just because they respond when ASKED about his comment doesn't mean a thing.

Kewl.

Gotta limit Nash's assists in this series, let him score as much as he wants.

Let's go LAKESHOW!

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

indifferent.gif

tired.gif

grin.gif

please define classy

oh nah man I'm not comparing both teams
laugh.gif

I'm saying when they sweep the Spurs it was done classy...Seeing that the Spurs owned them in the past...
Don't worry I got LA getting to the finals...But it would be nice to see an upset...Right?
happy.gif

of course i love the sportsmanship no doubt...i enjoy when teams shake hands after a highly competitive series especially when rivals do it cause at the end of the day its repecting your opposition and theres more to life than just the game itself........................................

unlike what mr. james did or didnt do after the orlando series

no it wouldnt be nice for me to see an upset
laugh.gif
...yes we can agree the suns are the underdogs in this series (basically all teams we play) but honestly this series is gonna be closer than others think...im sticking with the full 7 prediction

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Gotta limit Nash's assists in this series, let him score as much as he wants.
Yup.  We on the same page, let's hope LA is. 
laugh.gif

Kobe had his knee drained?   Maybe we should move him in the offseason too. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

gameday
pimp.gif
. Let's send them a message. Send DJ Mengba at Nash like PoPovich send Horry at Nash in 2007 lol

what do you guys think about putting ron ron on nash? similar to what phil did putting pippen on mark jackson in the 98 ECF against the pacers

to stop the snake you gotta take out the head of the snake

Back
Top Bottom