Official: Western Conference Finals Lakers vs. Suns thread (LAL 1-0)

He's still manning up and playing. That's all we can ask for.

& he's boutta beast on the Suns. End of story.

Bynum
frown.gif

I think Odom is going to have a big series!

Lakers in 5!
pimp.gif

I'm watching the ECF right now and Jeff Van Gundy & Mark Jackson keep saying "The Lakers should have sit out Bynum last round against the Jazz or now in the WCF to get him surgery on his knee so that he will be 100% healthy for the Finals. Van Gundy even thinks Lakers can't win the chip this year without a healthy Bynum.

I think from what I've read the Lakers have said that Bynum's knee injury would require season ending surgery if he goes under the knife. As for their title chances without a 100% healthy Bynum. I think it will be hard but if we play the C's in the Finals and the Lakers have home court advantage the Lakers will re peat.

Easy for Mark Jackson and JVG to say something like that.

All I can say is this.

Titles as a coach:
JVG: 0
Mark Jackson:0
Phil Jackson: 10

I like my coaches better..

Can Lebron choose to go to the Lakers if he want to ? Does the Cavs still have some control over him ? Bynum , Farmer and Artest for Lebron and JJ Hickson

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Bynum
frown.gif

I think Odom is going to have a big series!

Lakers in 5!
pimp.gif
I too think(hope) Odom has a big series.  This looks like a series where he can really make his mark in.

Man, i can't wait!

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Can Lebron choose to go to the Lakers if he want to ? Does the Cavs still have some control over him ? Bynum , Farmer and Artest for Lebron and JJ Hickson
Only for the MLE (which will be like $5-6 million a season) and Cleveland sure as hell isn't going to help LA get him.

Odom should do well against the Suns. Odom always seems to do well against teams he has something against.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

that would be overkill
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

Yep...this is what I really want to hear before the WCF

[h2]Bynum Says Knee Injury Is Getting Worse[/h2]
May 16, 2010 9:45 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Lakers center Andrew Bynum sat out practice this week to rest his injured right knee.

However, the time off hasn't done him much good.

He participated in practice on Saturday and the center said the knee hasn't cooperated.

"It's just worse. A little worse, but I'm still able to play through it so I'm going to keep pushing ahead," Bynum said.

He will receive treatment and play when the Lakers open the Western Conference Finals Monday night at Staples Center against the Suns.

Bynum suffered a torn meniscus in his right knee against the Thunder on April 30th.

"[The problem is] keeping more swelling [out]. Not like the structure, but it's creating more swelling because I'm playing with an injured limb," he said.

"It's just something that I'm just going to continue to treat, continue to try and pump the swelling out, milk it, and take it from there."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0o6Mhas2Mhttp://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0o6Mhas2M
Can this man stay healthy? Is it possible? Lord....
Maybe Phil shoulda cashed in on that threat and traded Bynum for Bosh. Of course, I would've stopped watching basketball altogether, but still.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Yep...this is what I really want to hear before the WCF

[h2]Bynum Says Knee Injury Is Getting Worse[/h2]
May 16, 2010 9:45 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Lakers center Andrew Bynum sat out practice this week to rest his injured right knee.

However, the time off hasn't done him much good.

He participated in practice on Saturday and the center said the knee hasn't cooperated.

"It's just worse. A little worse, but I'm still able to play through it so I'm going to keep pushing ahead," Bynum said.

He will receive treatment and play when the Lakers open the Western Conference Finals Monday night at Staples Center against the Suns.

Bynum suffered a torn meniscus in his right knee against the Thunder on April 30th.

"[The problem is] keeping more swelling [out]. Not like the structure, but it's creating more swelling because I'm playing with an injured limb," he said.

"It's just something that I'm just going to continue to treat, continue to try and pump the swelling out, milk it, and take it from there."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0o6Mhas2Mhttp://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0o6Mhas2M
Can this man stay healthy? Is it possible? Lord....
Maybe Phil shoulda cashed in on that threat and traded Bynum for Bosh. Of course, I would've stopped watching basketball altogether, but still.
smh.gif

Phil is GM?

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

I'm watching the ECF right now and Jeff Van Gundy & Mark Jackson keep saying "The Lakers should have sit out Bynum last round against the Jazz or now in the WCF to get him surgery on his knee so that he will be 100% healthy for the Finals. Van Gundy even thinks Lakers can't win the chip this year without a healthy Bynum.

I think from what I've read the Lakers have said that Bynum's knee injury would require season ending surgery if he goes under the knife. As for their title chances without a 100% healthy Bynum. I think it will be hard but if we play the C's in the Finals and the Lakers have home court advantage the Lakers will re peat.

I'm pretty sure if that was the best option, the Lakers would of had the surgery already. The problem is, knowing bynum, it would take him more than a month to heal and by now it's just too late. We need him NOW regardless of what anyone thinks.

Smh, this dude is always injured at the wrong time. Out in 08, useless in 09, now has a chance to earn it and his knee is getting worse.

I read that had had a SMALL meniscus tear entering the season, but it wasn't serious till recently when it tore even more. I don't understand why he didn't get it fixed earlier in the year when he was out, smh.

--Just saw on the news that there were protestors in front of Staples cuz the Lakers aren't wearing their "Los Lakers" variations.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Just saw on the news that there were protestors in front of Staples cuz the Lakers aren't wearing their "Los Lakers" variations.

i could care less what they jerseys say, i could care less if they wear pink jerseys with flowers on them as long as they smack, smash, spank, and mutilate the suns over the next 2 weeks

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

i could care less what they jerseys say, i could care less if they wear pink jerseys with flowers on them as long as they smack, smash, spank, and mutilate the suns over the next 2 weeks

this

why are they protesting for? those are only worn for noche latina

unless its cause were playing a team from arizona
laugh.gif

^
--Peeps just want attention I think.
--Accusing Phil of supporting the Arizona law or something.

Easy for Mark Jackson and JVG to say something like that.

All I can say is this.

Titles as a coach:
JVG: 0
Mark Jackson:0
Phil Jackson: 10

I like my coaches better..

As we've seen in the playoffs, it's all about size.

A non healthy Bynum, hurts the Lakers chances. Homecourt and all.  Look at what Boston thinks about homecourt, vs the Cavs + Magic.

Plus, we've seen how this story unfolds, LAL vs Boston, with no Bynum

Then you throw in the fact that Rondo is an even better player now, Sheed the wild card and Artest still can't knock down open shots, then
nerd.gif

^^
im gonna have to agree we need a semi healthy bynum (since we are not gonna get a healthy drew anymore) to have a chance with boston or else itll be the same old story
frown.gif

drew just cannot stay healthy
mad.gif
...weak

Back
Top Bottom