Official Warriors Season Thread

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Have you guys read this?

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Stackhouse firm on Stephen Jackson[/h3]
When the Mavs beat the Warriors 120-115 back in November at their place, only one thing was missing -- Stephen Jackson. He was serving a seven-game suspension to start the season so he missed out on guarding Dirk Nowitzki, a job he did pretty well in the first round.

With the Warriors in Dallas Wednesday night, I'll have an article that morning looking at the matchup between Dirk and Jackson and the Mavs and Warriors.

While Jackson seemed to really irritate Nowitzki in that series, Jerry Stackhouse was adamant on Monday that it wasn't so much what Jackson did to Nowitzki, but rather what Nowitzki and the Mavs did to themselves.

Here's Stackhouse's take on Jackson's defensive role in the playoffs:

"I just think we didn't take advantage of some of the things that we should have. We weren't aggressive in our moves. We allowed him to play; up until that series, nobody had ever thought of Stephen Jackson as no hell of a defensive player. He was just a guy that could shoot the basketball. He made some big shots for San Antonio when they won the championship that year [2003]. But, he's not no defensive stopper or anything. I think it was moreso what we allowed to happen to us. Like anything basketball is a game of confidence. When they come out and for a game and tell him that he did a good job on Dirk, now all of a sudden he's looking for him. It's up to Dirk to get that back. What's a better opportunity to do that than Wednesday night?"

-- Jeff Caplan
smh.gif
Who does Stackhouse think he is?

Someone who is right.

^Stackhouse is a bum, but I do give him credit for tonight's game.

As much as I hate to say it, we lost and werent playing well.

- BDavis didnt get on track, it was just one of those off nights.
- It was so hard to get a damn rebound
smh.gif

- So many turnovers, bonehead mistakes, fouling so often
smh.gif

Sucks how we're 0-2 against the Mavericks, we were notorious for beating them.
One last thing. We may have lost this game, but it's a good note that we're 9-5 (Correct me if I'm wrong) on theroad.
Let's hope we can shut out all teams at home, let's go Golden State Warriors!

EDIT: GSDOUBLEU, THANKS, I GUESS IT WAS MENTIONED 9-5 ON FSN FOR THE RECENT GAMES
EITHER WAY...HOPE WE WIN OUR UPCOMING GAMES.

^^
We are 11-8 on the road

Now we probably got a 2 game losing streak on the way versus NO Hornets
smh.gif
ohwell.gif

Tonights game was disappointing, however, they did get close for a bit.

Can't wait for the Spurs game on Monday. I got tickets.

Where are the On Demand games? i haven't been able to find it.
nerd.gif

Just noticed somethign about tonights game, before the game started, about a minute before tipoff, there was this clicking noise, and I realized it was the"Warriors, come out to play" theme song from the movie.

Not that this is some deep observation or anything, but jesus...when we play bad, its BADDDDDDD.

It feels good to be back
grin.gif

Anyways, we played terrible yesterday. I'm losing patience with Stephen Jackson's inability to hit OPEN jumpers
mad.gif
. Baron just didn't have it. It was one of those nights where nothing falls for you. Idon't know if putting Stackhouse on Baron had anything to do with Baron's off-night. Harrington had one hell of a 1st half but we stopped going to himin the 2nd half. Harrington also didn't demand for the ball. I wish he would have, he was the only Warrior feeling it from the perimeter.

^^
We are 11-8 on the road

Now we probably got a 2 game losing streak on the way versus NO Hornets
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
I'm hoping that we won't have a 2 game losing streak. Since our 0-6 start, we haven't lost back-to-back games... so there's hope.The Hornets are a good team and it's going to be a hard fought game on Friday, but I'm optimistic that the Warriors are going to come out focused andready to play on Friday in front of our home crowd (and I'll be in attendance btw
grin.gif
).

Go Warriors!

there there *pats back

we welcome you back with open arms.

anyway, we will need this game against the hornets, it's a pretty big game. if we lose, we'll fall a game back of NO and we can't afford losing anymore ground. the blazers and jazz both made up some ground last night.

[table][tr][td]Just imagine how much better we would be if we still had Jason
frown.gif
. Even though it was something that had to be done, it still hurts. Look at his recent numbers....[/td] [/tr][/table][h1]Game Log[/h1][table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Game Log
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
2007-08 | 2006-07 | 2005-06 | 2004-05 | 2003-04 | 2002-03 | 2001-02
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] Regular Season[/td] [td][/td] [td]FG[/td] [td][/td] [td]3PT[/td] [td][/td] [td]FT[/td] [td][/td] [td]Rebounds[/td] [td][/td] [td]Misc[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Score[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Def[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]Pts[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jan 2[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]L 97-109[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]38:54[/td] [td] [/td] [td]11[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]64.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]60.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]75.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]28[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Score[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Def[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]Pts[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Dec 31[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]W 107-103[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]42:22[/td] [td] [/td] [td]9[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]75.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]8[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]28[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Dec 29[/td] [td]@ ORL[/td] [td]L 95-104[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]40:16[/td] [td] [/td] [td]11[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]52.4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]100.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]8[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]34[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Dec 28[/td] [td]NOR[/td] [td]L 85-99[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]38:30[/td] [td] [/td] [td]9[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]47.4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]100.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]25[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Dec 26[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]L 104-108[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]34:03[/td] [td] [/td] [td]9[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]47.4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]54.6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]75.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]27[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Dec 22[/td] [td]@ MIL[/td] [td]L 99-103[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]44:38[/td] [td] [/td] [td]11[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]57.9[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]55.6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]60.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]30[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Dec 21[/td] [td]NYK[/td] [td]W 105-95[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]41:31[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]35.3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]42.9[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]33.3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]17[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Dec 19[/td] [td]UTH[/td] [td]W 98-92[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]34:52[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]57.1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]75.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]71.4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]24[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

It does hurt. Every time the Warriors go cold from the perimeter, especially when Jackson is in chucking mode, I wish that J-Rich was here to cure our poorshooting. He's shooting 45.8% from beyond the arc this season. He was our most consistent 3pt shooter (percentage-wise) and he doesn't have to shootthem from the corner. He can hit them from anywhere behind the arc. I know Jackson is the "anchor" of our defense, but his offense or lack of offense(even though he still puts up 21.6 ppg) is hurting us. I think Jackson would defer more if J-Rich was still here.

But yeah, it was a move that had to be made. We all understand that, but it still hurts.

I'm getting tired of all the forced shots that Jackson keeps throwing up. Pass the!*+!#!$ rock once in a while.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I'm getting tired of all the forced shots that Jackson keeps throwing up. Pass the!*+!#!$ rock once in a while.
I don't think Jackson has even hit a WIDE OPEN shot in a couple weeks. When he scores, I always say to myself that he got lucky. Example: I thinkit was vs Denver when Jackson banked in the three. Luck. Last night vs Dallas, I forgot who got a piece of the ball but Jackson was posting up against 2defenders, and the ball was knocked in by a Maverick. Luck.

S-Jax needs a new routine when he shoots jumpshots because whatever he's doing now isn't working.

Are you kidding about that Jason Richardson comparison? How does it hurt? Monta Ellis stepped up and he's proved himself as an important contribution tothis team. The reason J-Rich is scoring all those points is because he and Gerald Wallce are the only people scoring for the Bobcats. I am happy that theW's are 19-13...And the fact that Kelenna Azubuike and Monta Ellis have stepped up and contributed to the W's play. Move on...It's already the 3rdmonth of the season.

Paul, why were you banned?
I'm not the only one in my household that browses and posts on NT. So when someone in my house was banned for trolling, I was linked to him and gotbanned too because of the same IP address. My old account was deemed a "clone account". I feel it was an unjust banning. I have no control what mybrothers and roommates do.

The reason J-Rich is scoring all those points is because he and Gerald Wallce are the only people scoring for the Bobcats

I'm not trying to justify whether it was the right or wrong move, but I don't think it's fair to say that he's scoring because he's theonly option, he should be HARDER for him to score since teams would focus on him defensively if he's the first/second best option on the team. I thinkhe's doing very well in Charolette (sp?) now that he's settled in.I wouldn't worry about GSW though, you guys ARE still a playoff team.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Paul, why were you banned?
I'm not the only one in my household that browses and posts on NT. So when someone in my house was banned for trolling, I was linked to him and got banned too because of the same IP address. My old account was deemed a "clone account". I feel it was an unjust banning. I have no control what my brothers and roommates do.

Red is on NT?
nerd.gif
Shawn is on NT?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom