Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Im a knicks fan and i know this is the warriors thread, but i also like the warriors, this is my first time posting here in this thread but i came here bc theirs a rumor of monta ellis for david lee..how ya feel about that? i think its a good trade, we need a back up pg/sg and david lee could work well in this the warriors fast pace system.

Wait - when you say "we" need a back up pg/sg, you mean the Knicks right?  How wouldn't Monta start for that team?

Yea I meant we the knicks, we in need of one and I prefer monta to start over Toney Douglas , that is if the trade happens. We are literaly starting 10-11 season with 4 players, Toney, gallo, eddy, walker. But a couple of hrs ago Amare just signed with us 5 yrs 100 million

Not trying make this a knick thread, I'm just stating our status and I just think monta would be a good fit for us and David lee would be perfect for the warriors.

If anything, the W's rather do that Thabeet + OJ for Monta + ___ trade, although David Lee would do just fine in the Bay since both Nellie and Mike run the same type of offense.

wheres the link for that rumor anyway?
not saying its fake but i want to read it

why would GSW take on another PF when there's already a logjam, and the team focus is starting to get to defense?

and we've already seen how david lee plays center...

i can't envision how any of this would work at all

though i'd like to add Chandler to the team, he's probably their only real asset, but would be the only player to fill our 3 spot...

Originally Posted by offbad

and we've already seen how david lee plays center...
Can't be any worse than what we see from Biedrins.

Also the logjam at the 4 will quickly get resolved via trade.  However, I'd have to see what contract David Lee is signed to before I like/dislike this rumor. 

touche.

though, would it be randolph to go? wright seems like a riley favorite as of right now, and i can't see udoh getting traded already.

Regardless of our logjam at PF as well as his defensive flaws, Id take David Lee in a HEARTBEAT. (But I feel 715 about his contract. Its likely going to be huge, which of course I obviously dont love.)

But wait, what about Kenyon Martin? And aren't we supposed to trade Biedrins for him? Riley don't know what the eff he's doing anyway. We should stay away from major moves until new ownership gets people in here that have a sense of direction.

We heard the same ol' crap from the front office about how our focus is on defense and this and that. I have seen zero improvement in the defense. Stop BSing the Warriors faithful and idiots that buy into that crap. Until Nelson is gone, there will be zero improvements on defense.

When new ownership gets here, I hope that Don Nelson is put on a one-way flight to Maui. I'm tired of hearing "this player fits our system" crap. We need to distance ourselves from this style if we ever want a legit shot at being an elite team.

I mean, I like David Lee. I think he's a really quality player, but I wouldn't make a move until new ownership is here so we have a freaking plan instead of drafting PF's 3 of the last 4 years and being rumored to acquiring another PF.

what's the situation with the warriors and morrow? are they trying hard to keep him or are they letting him walk this summer? he seems like a guy that would be good playing for several contenders

I hear Kenyon will be out for most of the year, so acquiring him would only be a financial thing.

I don't know why I mentioned Kenyon. It was just another rumor I remembered because it was another PF. You're right. It would be to get rid of the contract of Andris. I'm fine with that salary dump. It's taking on a David Lee contract that I'm worried about. Like others have said, it all depends on the kind of contract that David Lee signs with first. that will decided whether this swap is well received or not. That's why I mentioned new management. Let new management handle this. Riley is still a Nelson cronie.

Lee would be cool, but that's not what we need. Warriors should look for a guy like Battier who fits what we need to carry in a "new attitude" for the new ownership.

Too bad we can't get LeBron
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I mean, I like David Lee. I think he's a really quality player, but I wouldn't make a move until new ownership is here so we have a freaking plan instead of drafting PF's 3 of the last 4 years and being rumored to acquiring another PF.
This. You would think we had hired David Kahn.

Anyway, the important thing really is having a plan. Every successful team has been built off a plan. Though I do believe an uptempo style can have success, it doesnt matter when you have no idea what to do come draft day and are unsure of what type of players you want to carry out your plan. What sucks is I think Lee would be great for us, but then we'd have to continue exploring the trade market to clear the new logjam that he creates.

[h1]Trade Rumor: Jefferson To Warriors, Lee To Wolves, Ellis To Knicks[/h1]
Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._lee_to_wolves_ellis_to_knicks/#ixzz0sji8koOf

Jul 04, 2010 12:44 PM EST

Jefferson_Al_min.jpg
There are rumors of three-way trade discussions among Golden State, Minnesota and New York, in which Al Jefferson would be sent to the Warriors, David Lee to the Timberwolves, and Monta Ellis to the Knicks.

Lee visited Minnesota on Saturday but the team holds only $7 million of salary-cap space which means that Lee would be looking for a sign-and-trade to get him to the Wolves at a contract nearer to his market value.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._lee_to_wolves_ellis_to_knicks/#ixzz0sji4ml8b

^do that ASAP

im on warriorsworld and some people are actually opposing this trade SMH

we'd be overloaded at PF but Jefferson + Curry >>> Curry + Ellis

however this will never happen

edit: why would the knicks do this trade?

I don't have any stats to back this up, but David Lee is more efficient. Hasn't shown signs of breaking down. And David Lee would be a proven PF instead of the "high ceiling" PF's we already have. Jefferson is a C and we already have one of those (and we're paying him a lot of money). I'm not down to pay two centers who each have questions regarding their health/skill over $20 million a year.

id rather have Al at PF not at Center

but anyways I am pretty sure Lee is going to command a similar salary to Al because of the all star season he has. I would play Al at PF and maybe occasionally at center, but having Al would finally put some strength in our team. Al would be the first big body the Warriors have that has post skills. Plus when he's healthy, he is a 20/10 guy IMO. I do like Lee with his rebounding but passing up someone how can score with his back to the basket is pretty rare.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by jeff415finest

I'd rather have Lee  over Al Jeff.

really? can you explain why?
We wouldn't have to tailor the offense to Al Jeff. Plus, he's somewhat unknown when playing in a up-tempo offense. Al Jeff has to comeback from a major injury. Whereas, Lee would just be come in and play.  I rather invest $$$ on someone that has proved himself to be efficient compared to someone with a huge question mark. Al Jeff reminds me of trading for Amare minus he never recovered and played great in the run n gun offense. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom