Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Shoe Deal for 'Warrior' Jeremy Lin?
Published by Martin Kessler on July 20, 2010 at 12:20PM
Shoe contracts are typically reserved for just the top few picks in a NBA draft every June. Former Harvard co-captain Jeremy Lin may not have been a top pick—but then again, Lin has never been one to stick with tradition.

Since news leaked Tuesday night that Lin would sign with the NBA's Golden State Warriors, Lin has been approached with a number of endorsement opportunities, including a shoe deal, his agent Roger Montgomery told The Crimson Wednesday morning.

When Lin signs with the Warriors on Wednesday at 11 a.m. PST in Oakland, Calif., he will become just the fourth Asian American to sign an NBA contract—making him the perfect marketing opportunity with the strong Asian American community in the San Francisco Bay Area.

“I think he’s going to shore up our backcourt—that’s for sure,

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

Originally Posted by acidicality

Shoe Deal for 'Warrior' Jeremy Lin?
Published by Martin Kessler on July 20, 2010 at 12:20PM
Shoe contracts are typically reserved for just the top few picks in a NBA draft every June. Former Harvard co-captain Jeremy Lin may not have been a top pick—but then again, Lin has never been one to stick with tradition.

Since news leaked Tuesday night that Lin would sign with the NBA's Golden State Warriors, Lin has been approached with a number of endorsement opportunities, including a shoe deal, his agent Roger Montgomery told The Crimson Wednesday morning.

When Lin signs with the Warriors on Wednesday at 11 a.m. PST in Oakland, Calif., he will become just the fourth Asian American to sign an NBA contract—making him the perfect marketing opportunity with the strong Asian American community in the San Francisco Bay Area.

“I think he’s going to shore up our backcourt—that’s for sure,

its a trip seeing someone i saw play in high school and against my school make it to the L and from this area (650) never would have thought lin would be that guy but good for dude he made it happen im gona be rooting for him and hopefully he plays well for the W's

I'm most likely getting a jersey too, but I have a feeling EVERYONE around here is gonna have one.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

looking forward to school come fall and seeing all bayheads with jlin jerzees lol.....too bad about dlee. Ws cant catch one

[h2]New Warrior Jeremy Lin draws the cameras, says he’s ready to play[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on July 21st, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

There were more cameras and reporters and the whole shebang for Jeremy Lin’s introduction at the Warriors’ facility today than at any Warriors event since… umm… probably Media Day last October.

And if I subtract any event that did not include free food, then I’d say this was the biggest gathering of assorted media since Don Nelson’s hiring in August 2006.

There were probably five times more media representatives at W’s HQ today than were on draft night, when they picked 6th overall.

Pretty powerful showing for an undrafted point guard from Harvard. But obviously, Lin’’s from Palo Alto High, and he’s also Asian-American, in a market that is rumored to have a few Asian-Americans walking around and buying tickets and clicking on stories and blogging and etc.

Overall, Lin was poised, confident, and, as usual, not particularly in love with speaking as a role model for the Asian-American culture–which, believe me, I understand.

He just wants to play ball.

He also made it clear that he expects to earn a rotation role right away, backing up Stephen Curry.

I don’t know about that–especially with Lin’s shaky jumper–but just standing next to him, I can tell you that he’s certainly big enough and rangy enough to cover a lot of ground.

If he can play the angles, and muscle past the quicker guys on the dribble… Lin has a shot at this. I wouldn’t expect him to be the Warriors’ back-up point guard right away, but I’m not ruling out some kind of role this season.

I also think it’s clear that,even if this wasn’t directly ordered by the incoming owners, it was done with Larry Riley believing it was what Joe Lacob and Peter Guber wanted.

That the Warriors didn’t offer a summer league spot to Lin… and weren’t in on him until a few days ago… and then suddenly offered him a 2-year, partially guaranteed deal days after the sale was announced…

Well, that has NEW OWNERS MAKING A SPLASH stamped all over it. (With the added benefit of not costing very much.)

I didn’t tape Lin’s session with the TV cameras, but there were some highlights form it…

* He made it clear that he thinks he can make an impact right away. 

“From my point of view, I’m ready to go,

Anyone see that video where this pregnant chick fights three different times in front of a Burger King in Oakland trying to rep another city?
smh.gif
laugh.gif

NO responsibility in that woman's life.

If you haven't, "Oakland Pregnant" in YT will get you the video.
laugh.gif

First, her and some other broad jump some random girl. Then the girl who got jumped goes and try to avoid the situation by getting in her car and leaving. Pregnant woman keeps provoking her, tries to damage the car, and then gets beat down by the jumped girls man. Then some old woman chases her inside the Burger King with a water bottle.
laugh.gif

yah dude that was in general like weeks ago

no sympathy for the pregnant girl though, she instigated that stuff.

Dude getting pissed about the !#$*#!% chicks touching his car........DUDE. You drive a purple mini van. Relax.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Great vid tho.

yikes

Men Robbed Bobcats Player’s Home, Held Wife At Gunpoint
Posted: 6:15 pm EDT July 22, 2010
Updated: 6:33 pm EDT July 22, 2010

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Detectives in Charlotte are investigating a home invasion at the home of one of the Charlotte Bobcats.

Three masked men broke into Stephen Jackson’s home early Wednesday morning, police said. Officers said Jackson was not at home, but his wife was.

According to a police report, the men held her at gunpoint while they took valuables from the home, including several Louis Vuitton wallets, jewelry, a stun gun and a 9 millimeter handgun.

The suspects then locked her in a bathroom, police said.

The Jacksons live in a gated community off Carmel Road in south Charlotte. Police said they are not sure how the suspects got into the neighborhood.

They are also not sure whether the robbers specifically targeted Jackson.

Sources told Eyewitness News that there are indications that the attack may not have been random, but detectives aren't commenting on the matter.

A spokesman for the Bobcats said he was not aware of the incident and would not comment on what is a private matter.

Eyewitness News could not reach Jackson for comment. Copyright 2010 by WSOCTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Just looking over the roster and we might have one of the/the worst bench in the NBA imo.

Bell
Gadzuric
Radmanovic
Udoh
Lin
B. Wright
Williams

If the best player on the bench is from the D-League something is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom