Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

David lee may have broke his middle finger in workouts today for Team USA
Marcus Thompson said it looks like he dislocated it, but it's not official. Knowing the Warriors luck, it's broken.

PF curse

David Lee suffered an injury to his right middle finger during Team USA training camp on Tuesday.

While the injury isn't believed to be serious, he's flying back to California to have it looked at by the Warriors' training staff, and is due back in Vegas for Team USA on Wednesday afternoon. Chances are he's fine, but be sure to check back for an update.

Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Lin is garbage. Dude can't guard worth a lick (not that defense is needed under Nellie). Only reason to sign him is to gain more bandwagon fans.
I hate to use this, but
indifferent.gif

To say he can't guard worth a lick, shows you haven't seen him at all, or paid attention. His defense is actually one of his main strengths, he's real scrappy on D and plays hard. It's not just summer league, check the Harvard games.

His main weaknesses are turnovers and his jump shot. Strength as well.

I've seen him for a long time, and he's been doubted each step of the way. After HS, he couldn't get a D1 scholarship offer. But he showed at Harvard he could ball. After college, he didn't get drafted. But he showed during SL he could ball. He's been underlooked so much during his career and only now is he getting the spotlight and people are finally paying real attention to him.

And for the record, I expect him to be a rotation back-up 1/2 off the bench in the best case scenario.

Scrappy defense in the IVY league?
laugh.gif
  Must be tough to guard those Yale and Brown ballas... Don't get me wrong to get this far he has to be somewhat talented, but the hype is unwarranted. Its hype based off race, nothing wrong with that. But to say he handled Wall? C'mon now. Linn is playing for his contract, Wall is just out there keeping in shape. Theres a reason why one guy was the number 1 recruit coming out of HS and the number 1 draft pick in the NBA and another kid couldn't even get a scholly from any of the UCs.

I did watch a couple games of his because a friend of mine is hyped off of him. And I caught the game against Gtown where Christ Wright dopped 34 on Lin. Definitely not basing my opinion on that game alone, but a collection of games and "highlights." Please don't even bring up the UCONN game and their suspect defense.

smh.gif

Has David Lee EVER been injured at all?!?!?!  Swear once he comes to the Warriors, he mysteriously gets injured.

From what i remember, nothing serious. may have missed a few games here and there. i believe last year he missed some games due to his family member passing away or something, but other then that, nope.

I think we should go for Rashad McCants, dude can ball, he would fit in nicely.

As far as I know, the only guards we have on the roster are Monta, Curry, and Charlie Bell.

Originally Posted by offbad

somewhere out there acid just had a boner.

roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

@STEIN_LINE_HQ Warriors closing in on signing of Mavs summer-league sensation Jeremy Lin. ESPN.com link forthcoming

dghaodsjfoidsahgodsajfoidshgaoijdsafoihds;ogajdshfa;odsjgaohdsoifajdsoiahgoidsjfaoihdsogajdsa

I had a feeling it was going to happen.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He REALLY wanted to play for the Warriors and it showed in his interviews, I think he can potentially be a nice back-up PG for us down the road. We'll see how he plays, there's gonna be more pressure on him now.

Originally Posted by offbad

somewhere out there acid just had a boner.
roll.gif

Anyways, I'm glad Lin is a Warrior. I think he could learn a great deal from Curry.

And not thanks to McCants. Dude is trash. If you thought Monta was a black hole McCants is worse. Dude chucks way too much and doesn't really do much else.

I know for a lot of Asian people it's gonna be huge, but to me (and my friends as well) it's more, it's surreal. He was good back then, but I'd never imagine he'd be THIS good. It's crazy to me that someone from around my way made it all the way to the League, in my same demographic, and I'm sure a lot of you guys are in the same shoes as well. To see that he's made it to the pros, he's really put in a lot of hard work.

His jersey is gonna fly off the shelves.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
my dad just told me how he remebered back when me and jeremy were in the same chinese school, when we were like 11, it was after a chinese school team practice (his brother and my brother played on the same chinese school team) and he wanted to get a game going, and he took on me and two other dudes 1 on 3. and beat us...i didn't remember it, but after my dad mentioned that the memories went back in my head.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom