Official Warriors Off Season Thread

now, if we win the lottery...it will be worth it.
thats what i meant.. warriors have a chance at the lottery thanks to their tankage
grin.gif

i hope we get rid of Al and wright.
we'll give you radman and luke walton straight up

This is what Im scared of, Warriors get a nice lottery draft pick, and Don Nelson doesnt play him at all, because he won't play rookies.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

So, if Kobe byrant is having a bad game, you SIT him the WHOLE 2nd half? Baron Davis is Warriors Kobe Byrant, aka their BEST player. The reserves brought us back, but they ALSO gave it back. I'm not blaming it on Nellie, Im just QUESTIONING his decision. This game was in the Warriors hands to win. And Denver STILL had to win tomorrow to seal the playoff victory, assuming W's kept the lead and won tonights game.

You dont sit your best player/leader for a whole half of a basketball game when your team is losing the lead of the game. In the end, You live & die with your best players. Warrior's BEST chance to win is with Baron Davis. I feel a lot more comfortable being beat with the ball in Baron's hands than ANYONE else on the team.

Agreed. Hell, we already live and die by the 3, we might as well live and die with our best on the court. Not putting Baron out there was a completelyselfish move on Nelson's part. If you're going to discipline a player, why game 81? Why not game 50? Why not game 65? Nellie has been known as ahardheaded coach. This is one of those times he let his ego get the best of him.

This is what Im scared of, Warriors get a nice lottery draft pick, and Don Nelson doesnt play him at all, because he won't play rookies.

Nelson might not even be back. Let's just hope the Warriors turn out like the Mavs did. The excelled when Nelson left.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Nelson might not even be back. Let's just hope the Warriors turn out like the Mavs did. The excelled when Nelson left.
Kinda what I'm hoping for too.

And I believe Nellie is guaranteed for next year if we wants it....but he's pondering whether or not to return(Paul posted an article about it).

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Do you think that Nellie's job is locked up?
nerd.gif

Nellie's job isn't locked up. It's still up in the air... at least from Nellie's camp. If you look in either the page before this or twopages back, you'll see I posted an article that Nellie is uncertain about next season.

Originally Posted by acidicality

wow was NT just down for like a couple hrs? lol. it happened yesterday too.

Not just NT, but Yuku overall shut down. If they are going to do maintenance, why don't they do it like 3am?! Seriously
smh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

I wouldn't necessarily say that, I mean we had a huge overhaul in talent, it's hard to compare the two. The fundamental difference is that Averyswears by defense. Nellie with Kidd would be
eek.gif
. Although I think we'll be much better next year with an entire off-season for Dirk/Damp/Josh to getadjusted to an offense with Jason Kidd.

But back on topic, unless someone like Larry Brown or JVG wants to coach the Warriors, I don't know of too many alternatives to Nellie. I mean for Christsake you guys had Mike Montgomery and Mussellman (sp?). Although, I'd love to see Mussellman in a new situation like this with better talent.

To add, I really liked Mussellman as a coach, he was passionate about his job, and he seemed to care so much about winning.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Wait WHAT?

You like Mark Cuban..?
eek.gif

Cuban >>>>> Cohan

Cuban actually cares about the team winning. Cohan is just interesting in keeping his wallet fat.

i agree, cuban is much better than cohan. cuban isn't afraid of the tax unlike cohan and he treats his players well. imo, cuban is the best owner in thenba. if the warriors had him, we'd probably still have jrich.

I think if Nellie retires it's Smart's or Silas' job. I think Silas is very intriguing, given he's Paul Silas' son.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by acidicality

wow was NT just down for like a couple hrs? lol. it happened yesterday too.

Not just NT, but Yuku overall shut down. If they are going to do maintenance, why don't they do it like 3am?! Seriously
smh.gif

laugh.gif
because it'd be 6 AM on the west coast.

i agree, cuban is much better than cohan. cuban isn't afraid of the tax unlike cohan and he treats his players well. imo, cuban is the best owner in the nba. if the warriors had him, we'd probably still have jrich.

Jason..
frown.gif
I'm still not in favor of the move, although now I understand it, Wright is a beast, too bad the Warriors fail to use him. If they keep himaround for 2 years, I see him being a key role-player or starter, definitely.

NO EXCUSE for sitting Baron the 2nd half.

Sure, the second unit or whatever came back and got a double digit lead, but when the lead started to slip away? Put him in.

You have to play him regardless sometime in the second half, as it was the biggest game of the season right there. He's arguably your best player. Winand you still have a shot, albeit slim, nevertheless, a shot at the playoffs. Lose, and it's a wrap.

Bad move all around.

i was messing with realgm's draft thing. Took me like 5 minutes to get the Warriors a top 5 pick
laugh.gif

2008 NBA Draft
[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]
chi_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Michael Beasley
Power Forward. Kansas State
[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]
nyk_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Danilo Gallinari
Small Forward. Italy
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]
gsw_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Derrick Rose
Point Guard. Memphis
[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]
mil_wt.gif
[/td] [td]DeAndre Jordan
Center. Texas A&M
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]
lac_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Jerryd Bayless
Point Guard. Arizona
[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]
cha_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Javale McGee
Center. Nevada
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]
mia_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Brook Lopez
Power Forward. Stanford
[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]
njn_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Nicolas Batum
Small Forward. France
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]
sea_wt.gif
[/td] [td]O.J. Mayo
Shooting Guard. USC
[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]
ind_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Kevin Love
Power Forward. UCLA
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]
min_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Eric Gordon
Shooting Guard. Indiana
[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]
sac_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Russell Westbrook
Combo Guard. UCLA
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]
mem_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Anthony Randolph
Power Forward. LSU
[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]
por_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Chase Budinger
Small Forward. Arizona
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]2[/td] [td]
gsw_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Derrick Rose
Point Guard. Memphis
[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif

<---------YOU ALREADY KNOW!!!
nerd.gif

I really can't tell by do you guys really think you can get a top 2 pick?
nerd.gif
It's very unlikely you'll crack top 5. I'm not trying to be rudebut I'm seriously asking.

Of course it's not realistic to crack top 5. the chance is like 1%.
BUT U GOTTA BELIEVE
pimp.gif
tongue.gif

If it happens, not being in the playoffs will be more than worthwhile
pimp.gif

Most likely we'll be picking 14.
If we trade Baron, there's a good chance we could move up into the top 5 though.

nerd.gif
It's very unlikely you'll crack top 5. I'm not trying to be rude but I'm seriously asking.

HELL NO! we would be lucky to get a top 10 pick non the less a top 5 pick...but if we trade someone, it's a possible
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
It's very unlikely you'll crack top 5. I'm not trying to be rude but I'm seriously asking.

Baron as trade bait or win the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom