Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Originally Posted by daprescription

Atlanta wouldn't trade Smith for anybody on the Warriors.

Draft:
Dante Greene
Nicolas Batum
Darrell Arthur
JaVale McGee (looks good, but does sort of remind me of O'Bryant
ohwell.gif
)
Chase Budinger (good shooter.)
Serge Ibaka
ohwell.gif

If we draft Chase Budinger I'm gonna curse for a whole day straight. He's softer than Charmin and he'll remind people too much of Dunleavy.

Realistically:
Arthur
Love
CDR
Ibaka?
Robin Lopez (not a bad player, people have him compared to Biedrins, ehh wouldn't mind having him but i'd rather have his brother. some ppl don'tlike the lopez twins at all, but at times it seems like the ONLY reason is because the collins twins suck.)
whatever it is, NO BUDINGER PLEASE.

and if we hit the lottery, either Rose/Beasley/Lopez would be fine. I'm very sold on Brook Lopez, he's got length and a great finisher inside. Attimes, when he was at Stanford, if he just got any good position down low it was an automatic 2 points. He's THAT good....his brother is slightly better onD though...

and Devon Hardin in round 2
pimp.gif
, if we can get him. that would be a helluva steal since last year, he was supposed to be a mid-1st rd/late 1st rder.

Hardin is terrible.

His range = 4 feet

And to top it all off, he's injury prone.

But he does have a 4.0 GPA if that's the kind of player you're looking for.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by daprescription

Atlanta wouldn't trade Smith for anybody on the Warriors.

Draft:
Dante Greene
Nicolas Batum
Darrell Arthur
JaVale McGee (looks good, but does sort of remind me of O'Bryant
ohwell.gif
)
Chase Budinger (good shooter.)
Serge Ibaka
ohwell.gif

If we draft Chase Budinger I'm gonna curse for a whole day straight. He's softer than Charmin and he'll remind people too much of Dunleavy.

Realistically:
Arthur
Love
CDR
Ibaka?
Robin Lopez (not a bad player, people have him compared to Biedrins, ehh wouldn't mind having him but i'd rather have his brother. some ppl don't like the lopez twins at all, but at times it seems like the ONLY reason is because the collins twins suck.)
whatever it is, NO BUDINGER PLEASE.

and if we hit the lottery, either Rose/Beasley/Lopez would be fine. I'm very sold on Brook Lopez, he's got length and a great finisher inside. At times, when he was at Stanford, if he just got any good position down low it was an automatic 2 points. He's THAT good....his brother is slightly better on D though...

and Devon Hardin in round 2
pimp.gif
, if we can get him. that would be a helluva steal since last year, he was supposed to be a mid-1st rd/late 1st rder.

I just don't see it translating into a pro game, nor do I want him clogging the area where Biedrins would be. It'd be like a better version of thecollins twins, but not quite enough for me to bite.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Hardin is terrible.

His range = 4 feet

And to top it all off, he's injury prone.

For a 2nd round pick, I say it's worth it, especially if he slips that far...which is possible. At the very least, he's a very good shot blockerand can definitely help our defense out inside off the bench.

I just don't see it translating into a pro game, nor do I want him clogging the area where Biedrins would be. It'd be like a better version of the collins twins, but not quite enough for me to bite.
I guess everyone sees things differently, but I think Lopez will be a solid double-double guy and very likely an all-star in the future. Yeah, heprobably doesn't fit too well here; ideally Beasley or Rose would be much better (Beasley for the current roster, Rose if we want to do a complete rosteroverhaul). But...we probably won't be in thsi situation anyway
frown.gif

Todd Fuller? i still remember reading his highlights under his name it only contained a 4.0 gpa. He coulda just gotten straight A's cuz he was a jock. Thena few picks later Kobe Bryant.
sick.gif

the difference is todd fuller wasted our first round pick, hardin is a 2nd rounder who could have been a mid-late 1st last year, and gettin him with our 2ndrounder would be good if other better options aren't available.

edit-upped to the top
pimp.gif

I know they said Baron lost weight and all in the offseason, but am I the only one that thought he looked slimmer 2 seasons ago? He looked quicker and wasgetting up. This season he looked slow to me.

Baron does look slimmer in that .gif you posted dp, was it skewed in anyway? What was BD listed coming into the05-06 season compared to the 07-08 season?

he was supposed to lose weight this year...it definitely looked like he was more out of shape toward the end of this season.
and
laugh.gif
at the clip

I'm as big a U of A basketball supporter as the next guy (been a fan since the Miles Simon days when I was in 5th grade) but please, DO NOT DRAFT CHASEBUDINGER.

I'm with acidicality on that one.

word Baron was looking a bit out of shape towards the end of the season. and his beard made him look a bit fatter than normal. and LMAO at him murking Hudsontowards the middle of the vid.

Well, I guess Tyler Smith wanted to go back to a lackluster bball program only to win nothing....too bad.

I think after we get more situated I'll update the first page with articles/rumors, etc.

So PM and I'll update it when I get a minute...then people won't need to read through our banter lol.

Back
Top Bottom