Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Rose, Mayo, Durant, Gay and Chandler.

this is your starting lineup?

Mayo is not making the team. if you stop been a homer for 2 secs you would see why not. he has no use. he cant play PG and he is a undersize SG

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Mayo is not making the team. if you stop been a homer for 2 secs you would see why not. he has no use. he cant play PG and he is a undersize SG
he's one of the best shooters on the team, though

Hahaha @ dude picking Mayo to start for them hahahahahhhahaha...dude get lift your head from slurping on Mayo and Gay for once and look at reality.

Mayo has a great chance at NOT making the team. So stop. Please

Hahaha @ dude picking Mayo to start for them hahahahahhhahaha...dude get lift your head from slurping on Mayo and Gay for once and look at reality.

Originally Posted by nublee

Exactly.

Who would you rather have playing SG? Iguodala dribbling all over the damn place and throwing up bombs that you have to pray to go in?

The team doesn't have enough SG depth as it is. We have a bunch of PG's and two undersized SG's. You don't want Iguodala playing SG. If he makes the team, I would rather have him backing up someone at the 3, but like I said earlier I would rather have Granger over him for shooting purposes. He may just make it because he's the only one that's not undersized, but he doesn't fit with Rose/Billups, Durant, Gay and Chandler.

They had Rondo and Westbrook at the 1 and 2 tonight. That +@%* looked terrible.
laugh.gif
Rose and Curry looked pretty good together. So, more than likely we will see an undersized guy at SG between OJ, Gordon and Curry. They MIGHT put Granger there, but that would be as a backup.

Hahaha @ dude picking Mayo to start for them hahahahahhhahaha...dudeget lift your head from slurping on Mayo and Gay for once and look atreality.

How about this...Give me your list and let's see how it looks. I'm pretty sure your going to say Rudy shouldn't even be on the team when he's basically the 2nd option on the team in terms of scoring.

Rose/Rondo/Curry
Mayo/Gordon
Gay/Iguodala/Granger
Durant/Love
Chandler/McGee

If we are going off who looked the best tonight, then that would be the list. But, Billups will bounce one of those guys off. Odom or Wallace can bounce off Iggy or Love as well. I think Durant's leadership and Rondo's championship experience would really help. I don't think you HAVE to have Billups.

Originally Posted by nublee

Exactly.

Who would you rather have playing SG? Iguodala dribbling all over the damn place and throwing up bombs that you have to pray to go in?

The team doesn't have enough SG depth as it is. We have a bunch of PG's and two undersized SG's. You don't want Iguodala playing SG. If he makes the team, I would rather have him backing up someone at the 3, but like I said earlier I would rather have Granger over him for shooting purposes. He may just make it because he's the only one that's not undersized, but he doesn't fit with Rose/Billups, Durant, Gay and Chandler.

They had Rondo and Westbrook at the 1 and 2 tonight. That +@%* looked terrible.
laugh.gif
Rose and Curry looked pretty good together. So, more than likely we will see an undersized guy at SG between OJ, Gordon and Curry. They MIGHT put Granger there, but that would be as a backup.

Hahaha @ dude picking Mayo to start for them hahahahahhhahaha...dudeget lift your head from slurping on Mayo and Gay for once and look atreality.

How about this...Give me your list and let's see how it looks. I'm pretty sure your going to say Rudy shouldn't even be on the team when he's basically the 2nd option on the team in terms of scoring.

Rose/Rondo/Curry
Mayo/Gordon
Gay/Iguodala/Granger
Durant/Love
Chandler/McGee

If we are going off who looked the best tonight, then that would be the list. But, Billups will bounce one of those guys off. Odom or Wallace can bounce off Iggy or Love as well. I think Durant's leadership and Rondo's championship experience would really help. I don't think you HAVE to have Billups.

As terrible as he looked tonighed. Billups get that starting role. No doubt about it. Rose can ball out of his #$*@*$@ mind but that *%+% isnt changing.

I'd have Billups-Curry-KD-Chandler-Lopez
Rose-Granger-Odom-Love-Wallace

As of now, i'd have Rondo over the edge of Westbrook and Mayo, but each of them posses a different skill that the team needs.

I'd also like to put McGee in there, as a backup policy but i just dont see him making the cut.

Sorry BHZ, as much as i'd like to put him, i dont see Gay making the cut, as well as Iggy.

As terrible as he looked tonighed. Billups get that starting role. No doubt about it. Rose can ball out of his #$*@*$@ mind but that *%+% isnt changing.

I'd have Billups-Curry-KD-Chandler-Lopez
Rose-Granger-Odom-Love-Wallace

As of now, i'd have Rondo over the edge of Westbrook and Mayo, but each of them posses a different skill that the team needs.

I'd also like to put McGee in there, as a backup policy but i just dont see him making the cut.

Sorry BHZ, as much as i'd like to put him, i dont see Gay making the cut, as well as Iggy.

laugh.gif
as much as ya'll like to call me a homer, some people just flat out can't stand to give an N credit when credit is due. Rudy and OJ showed their #$% tonight AGAIN playing on a team where guys where the guards were being selfish as hell. I didn't have OJ on my list, but after tonight he is right up there with anybody else you want to add in whether its Curry or Gordon.

Now, if Lopez makes the team we have a problem. It shouldn't be about how good a guy is in the NBA, but how he FITS with the team. Chandler and McGee are just better fits than Lopez. Period.

So, bang you telling me that Rudy (who looked great last summer and again this summer) won't make the team now? Saying he won't start is a different story, but not make the team? Rudy is a lock right behind Durant. I don't see how you could see it either way. Then, that's all they were talking about during the game about how he could be the 2nd option behind Durant, so why would he be the one to get cut?

laugh.gif
as much as ya'll like to call me a homer, some people just flat out can't stand to give an N credit when credit is due. Rudy and OJ showed their #$% tonight AGAIN playing on a team where guys where the guards were being selfish as hell. I didn't have OJ on my list, but after tonight he is right up there with anybody else you want to add in whether its Curry or Gordon.

Now, if Lopez makes the team we have a problem. It shouldn't be about how good a guy is in the NBA, but how he FITS with the team. Chandler and McGee are just better fits than Lopez. Period.

So, bang you telling me that Rudy (who looked great last summer and again this summer) won't make the team now? Saying he won't start is a different story, but not make the team? Rudy is a lock right behind Durant. I don't see how you could see it either way. Then, that's all they were talking about during the game about how he could be the 2nd option behind Durant, so why would he be the one to get cut?

I think Lopez would do just fine.

I like having Gay on the roster, i really do, but he just cant fit in IMO. the front court is already thin enough as it is, to have a wing of KD and Gay is just
sick.gif
sick.gif
and not in a good way.

Of course, you can argue moving KD into the 2 and putting Gay at the 3 but eh. i'm not feeling it.

I think Lopez would do just fine.

I like having Gay on the roster, i really do, but he just cant fit in IMO. the front court is already thin enough as it is, to have a wing of KD and Gay is just
sick.gif
sick.gif
and not in a good way.

Of course, you can argue moving KD into the 2 and putting Gay at the 3 but eh. i'm not feeling it.

If OJ, Curry or Gordon aren't at SG, then I see it being a Rose/Billups backcourt. Its not like we got much to work with.

I don't like any combination of Rose/Granger or Iggy and Billups/Granger or Iggy.

And Durant will more than likely play the 3 and 4. I'm not sure if it'll be Rudy at SF and Durant at PF or vice versa. But, I don't see the big deal of having both of them starting when they should compliment each other in international play. We don't need a big #+% frontline in international play because there aren't many bigs that will challenge us. Rudy is big and athletic enough to play the 4 in international play and KD is long enough.

I'm trying to figure out who will play SG since all I keep hearing is complaints about OJ starting, but not viable two guard being thrown out there.
laugh.gif
It really doesn't matter, its not like you getting something that much better out of anybody else at SG anyway. You either going to get somebody playing out of position or somebody undersized that can shoot. Take your pick.

Here's the boxscore:

http://www.usabasketball....x_score__2010_07_24.html

this game alone doesnt put you on the team.
That's true, but it makes a good impression as well. If they cut the roster down to 15 before tonight, I bet OJ would've been cut. I don't see that happening right now. I think he just may survive to NY and not make the 2nd cut.

If OJ, Curry or Gordon aren't at SG, then I see it being a Rose/Billups backcourt. Its not like we got much to work with.

I don't like any combination of Rose/Granger or Iggy and Billups/Granger or Iggy.

And Durant will more than likely play the 3 and 4. I'm not sure if it'll be Rudy at SF and Durant at PF or vice versa. But, I don't see the big deal of having both of them starting when they should compliment each other in international play. We don't need a big #+% frontline in international play because there aren't many bigs that will challenge us. Rudy is big and athletic enough to play the 4 in international play and KD is long enough.

I'm trying to figure out who will play SG since all I keep hearing is complaints about OJ starting, but not viable two guard being thrown out there.
laugh.gif
It really doesn't matter, its not like you getting something that much better out of anybody else at SG anyway. You either going to get somebody playing out of position or somebody undersized that can shoot. Take your pick.

Here's the boxscore:

http://www.usabasketball....x_score__2010_07_24.html

this game alone doesnt put you on the team.
That's true, but it makes a good impression as well. If they cut the roster down to 15 before tonight, I bet OJ would've been cut. I don't see that happening right now. I think he just may survive to NY and not make the 2nd cut.

I'm hoping/thinking Rose and Billups will be the starting backcourt. Lots of versatility and their games should compliment each other. Durant, Odom and Chandler can round out the starting five.

I'm hoping/thinking Rose and Billups will be the starting backcourt. Lots of versatility and their games should compliment each other. Durant, Odom and Chandler can round out the starting five.

iggy will make the team for the simple fact they need someone at SG that will play lock down D(see prince the last few years)
Now, if Lopez makes the team we have a problem. It shouldn't be about how good a guy is in the NBA, but how he FITS with the team. Chandler and McGee are just better fits than Lopez. Period
now in a open court all star type of game which this was tonight they both look good. what happens when teams slow it down in a few weeks and dont let the USA run? you going to throw the ball in the post to them 2? $$++ no. lopez>>>>>>>>>>. McGee

billups and odom are damn near locks to make the team because there vets.

iggy will make the team for the simple fact they need someone at SG that will play lock down D(see prince the last few years)
Now, if Lopez makes the team we have a problem. It shouldn't be about how good a guy is in the NBA, but how he FITS with the team. Chandler and McGee are just better fits than Lopez. Period
now in a open court all star type of game which this was tonight they both look good. what happens when teams slow it down in a few weeks and dont let the USA run? you going to throw the ball in the post to them 2? $$++ no. lopez>>>>>>>>>>. McGee

billups and odom are damn near locks to make the team because there vets.

Back
Top Bottom