Official Umar Johnson Thread

First Nore now these dudes? :lol:

Started the video talking about snitching then turned around and snitched by releasing the video.

Real ones would have stopped filming and checked King Kong before he climbed up the side of that building.

These two dudes are probably in the CIA and Umar is just green/goofy enough to be comfortable running his mouth. :smh:

First Nore now these dudes? :lol:

Started the video talking about snitching then turned around and snitched by releasing the video.

Real ones would have stopped filming and checked King Kong before he climbed up the side of that building.

These two dudes are probably in the CIA and Umar is just green/goofy enough to be comfortable running his mouth. :smh:

I would hope the CIA has better/more important things to do. :lol:

Last edited:
People love romanticizing relationships in the old days like it was just love and work that kept things together ignoring those socioeconomic factors.

Hence why the black community is in such disarray now. I guess as long as black women are “happy” that’s all that matters then…..or at least to them.

I don't

But if you think Jim Crow was better for black folk, then do you champ.

I’m speaking of the black family……which is the black community champ. Amazing how we had a higher marriage rate during the Jim Crow days than WE do now……but hey as long as black women are “HAPPY” who cares about the black family I guess.

I’m speaking of the black family……which is the black community champ. Amazing how we had a higher marriage rate during the Jim Crow days than WE do now……but hey as long as black women are “HAPPY” who cares about the black family I guess.
Say what you mean then

Families don't make up the entire community. You are just saying that to clean up after the fact

There were higher marriage because there were forces keeping marriages together that don't exist now. Economically, women have access to more economic rights (like getting lines of credit without a husband), access to more careers (and better pay in careers they traditionally dominated), and have been pushed into the workforce.

Then add on top all the suppression Jim Crow threw on people.

So yeah, structurally it made marriage seem like more of a necessity to access a middle class life.

You would need a massive amount of macroeconomic restructuring to recreate those conditions. It is nearly impossible.

And spare me the implication that people don't care about black families if they aren't willing to adopt the silly practice of trying to blame that on the unique moral failings of black women

Public childcare would help black families, a child tax credit would help black families, industrial policy to boost jobs that don't require degrees would help black families, lowering housing cost would help black families, putting in incentives in the tax code would help black families.

All these would relieve social and economic pressure that squeeze black families and disincentivize family formation.

But you don't talk about any of those things.

Seems you don't really care that much about helping black families.

You really care about criticizing black women. And this is a vehicle for that

Because once someone tries to expand the conversation beyond ****ting on black women, people like you get to pearl clutching

Last edited:
Men are getting married later and later in life

The percentage of never married men are growing

But I hardly see this getting the same level of attention, concern, personal responsibility politics, and blame for the problems in the black community

In fact the few times it has been brought up, it has been spun to blame the lack of good women, and socioeconomic changes causing this phenomenon

At best, someone will throw in a both sides comment.

But I see a clear asymmetry in how things are discussed. Leads me to believe this is more about black men v. Women culture wars than the state of the Black family.

Even then, I would think someone simply saying that the world is different, a different world helps produce different outcomes, as some wild take.

Seems overly dismissive and silly to me.

Last edited:
Say what you mean then

Families don't make up the entire community. You are just saying that to clean up after the fact

There were higher marriage because there were forces keeping marriages together that don't exist now. Economically, women have access to more economic rights (like getting lines of credit without a husband), access to more careers (and better pay in careers they traditionally dominated), and have been pushed into the workforce.

Then add on top all the suppression Jim Crow threw on people.

So yeah, structurally it made marriage seem like more of a necessity to access a middle class life.

You would need a massive amount of macroeconomic restructuring to recreate those conditions. It is nearly impossible.

And spare me the implication that people don't care about black families if they aren't willing to adopt the silly practice of trying to blame that on the unique moral failings of black women

Public childcare would help black families, a child tax credit would help black families, industrial policy to boost jobs that don't require degrees would help black families, lowering housing cost would help black families, putting in incentives in the tax code would help black families.

All these would relieve social and economic pressure that squeeze black families and disincentivize family formation.

But you don't talk about any of those things.

Seems you don't really care that much about helping black families.

You really care about criticizing black women. And this is a vehicle for that

Because once someone tries to expand the conversation beyond ****ting on black women, people like you get to pearl clutching

Why do you ALWAYS be adding extra onto stuff champ?? Talking about pearl clutching and not wanting to help black families. YOU really gotta stop getting bent out of shape because somebody doesn’t agree with you on a message board open to the public.

Why do you ALWAYS be adding extra onto stuff champ?? Talking about pearl clutching and not wanting to help black families. YOU really gotta stop getting bent out of shape because somebody doesn’t agree with you on a message board open to the public.
This is rich coming from you

If you have nothing else to discuss on the issue, fine. We can end it here.

But with all due respect, I really don't care about your opinion on how I operate on NT. Block or report me if you have an issue.

This is rich coming from you

If you have nothing else to discuss on the issue, fine. We can end it here.

But with all due respect, I really don't care about your opinion on how I operate on NT. Block or report me if you have an issue.

Again, no need for the extras champ. Talking about either “block or report me”. I don’t expect grown men to act or conduct themselves in that matter. Save that for Red Table talk.

Back
Top Bottom