Official Thor: the Movie Thread......Hammer Time = May 6th, 2011....First Review Pg. 5

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

In terms of the Thor/Iron Man comparison, Iron Man had two things going for it. First off, just from a mainstream perspective, Iron Man just looked cool. Just checking out the trailer, he is flying through the air with F-22's and beating up guys to an AC/DC track, who wouldn't want to walk in a theater to see that? Second RDJ is a very well know commodity in Hollywood and was sure to garner even non-Comic Book fans.

That doesn't contradict what I said, Iron Man as a character was horribly unknown by the general public before the film released.  The movie sold itself based on a cool trailer and a well known cast and director not on the property it was based on.  Hell you can go back to the Iron Man threads on this board for the first movie and you'll see tons of posts of people saying they didn't know anything about him. Ultimately that's what sells all movies.  No one knew anything about Star Wars or Indiana Jones or E.T. when they came out it doesn't matter what people know but whether or not they can get excited about something.

In terms of the Thor/Iron Man comparison, Iron Man had two things going for it. First off, just from a mainstream perspective, Iron Man just looked cool. Just checking out the trailer, he is flying through the air with F-22's and beating up guys to an AC/DC track, who wouldn't want to walk in a theater to see that? Second RDJ is a very well know commodity in Hollywood and was sure to garner even non-Comic Book fans.

That doesn't contradict what I said, Iron Man as a character was horribly unknown by the general public before the film released.  The movie sold itself based on a cool trailer and a well known cast and director not on the property it was based on.  Hell you can go back to the Iron Man threads on this board for the first movie and you'll see tons of posts of people saying they didn't know anything about him. Ultimately that's what sells all movies.  No one knew anything about Star Wars or Indiana Jones or E.T. when they came out it doesn't matter what people know but whether or not they can get excited about something.

With that said, I am sure Thor will do very well. It's got a lot of star power (albeit mostly from the supporting cast), and I'm sure that the advertising and hype surrounding it will propel the movie. The scenes in Asgard look really good too, but I'm not too sure about seeing the Infinity Gauntlet in this film. Too much, too soon IMO.

apparently, it's just gonna be a prop somewhere in Odin's castle and that's it.  An easter egg for now that I'm sure will set something up in the future

With that said, I am sure Thor will do very well. It's got a lot of star power (albeit mostly from the supporting cast), and I'm sure that the advertising and hype surrounding it will propel the movie. The scenes in Asgard look really good too, but I'm not too sure about seeing the Infinity Gauntlet in this film. Too much, too soon IMO.

apparently, it's just gonna be a prop somewhere in Odin's castle and that's it.  An easter egg for now that I'm sure will set something up in the future

Looks dope
pimp.gif

you know, it's not that bad. good choice for THOR. i'm really fed up with these 'known' actors being in comic book movies ala IRON MAN, X-MEN, GREEN LANTERN
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

overall, not bad, but when he (thor) is wielding the hammer it looks rather funny. loki looks good, but i think they could have done better. but we will see what will happen.

it is rather stupid how the infinity Gauntlet is included in this movie. #++ %@%* YOU
smh.gif

you know, it's not that bad. good choice for THOR. i'm really fed up with these 'known' actors being in comic book movies ala IRON MAN, X-MEN, GREEN LANTERN
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

overall, not bad, but when he (thor) is wielding the hammer it looks rather funny. loki looks good, but i think they could have done better. but we will see what will happen.

it is rather stupid how the infinity Gauntlet is included in this movie. #++ %@%* YOU
smh.gif

From the looks of it, this movie doesn't seem to be going to catch the attention of casual movie goers who doesn't know anything about Thor.  So I think it's going to flop very badly in the box office.

From the looks of it, this movie doesn't seem to be going to catch the attention of casual movie goers who doesn't know anything about Thor.  So I think it's going to flop very badly in the box office.

The hype for the trailer and then seeing it was very underwhelming. Its going to do numbers at the box office. Am I the only one that thinks the Avengers project is shipment of fail that is on schedule for delivery?

Nice to see Idris Elba get a part in this movie. Even if its a small role, he'll be in the mainstream for years to come. Extremely talented and dedicated actor.

The hype for the trailer and then seeing it was very underwhelming. Its going to do numbers at the box office. Am I the only one that thinks the Avengers project is shipment of fail that is on schedule for delivery?

Nice to see Idris Elba get a part in this movie. Even if its a small role, he'll be in the mainstream for years to come. Extremely talented and dedicated actor.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

The hype for the trailer and then seeing it was very underwhelming. Its going to do numbers at the box office. am I the only one that thinks the Avengers project is shipment of fail that is on schedule for delivery?

Pretty much
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom