Official Thor: the Movie Thread......Hammer Time = May 6th, 2011....First Review Pg. 5

Originally Posted by theone218

Originally Posted by jbone2308

As far as actors adaptations of superheros Thor may be second to Heath's Joker.

Bale does a good job as Batman minus the voice to it's a toss up between this actor for Thor and him.

For the movie, Marvel just doesn't make real good movies. My order IMO:

1. Spidey 1
2. Iron Man 1
3. Thor

Possibly Captain America and Avengers could be 1 and 2 by next year. But none of these touch what Nolan has done with his Batmans and is going to do with Rises and his help with Superman.
correct me if I am wrong but isn't the spidey movie rights not owned by marvel?
Sony has the rights to the Spider Man series and FOX has the rights to the X-Men series. Marvel didn't have anything to do with the making of the films from either series. Marvel does make good movies. When you don't have the rights to your own movies, you are praying that your properties are used properly.

You guys really overrate the Nolan Batman series. TDK was good but the first one was ok.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Was expecting better...3D was a waste of money.

The only movie I felt satisfied watching in 3D was Up.

IMO, if you really want a great movie experience, especially if you care about clarity of picture, Digital Projection > 3D.. It is basically going into a theater and watching a blu-ray on a giant HDTV.

And I'm not saying Thor was horrible, my expectations were just that much higher. The scenes in Asgard were awesome, but the ones in New Mexico really didn't resonate with me. Thor's story arc was solid, but I just didn't buy into the love story.

I thought the love story was handle pretty good, especially since they only had about an hour to build it.  It wasn't too corny/silly and there really wasn't a "happy ending" so I was fine with it.  It would've been nice though if they maybe added another 20 minutes to the film and added scenes involving Thor and Lady Sif having some chemistry though.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Was expecting better...3D was a waste of money.

The only movie I felt satisfied watching in 3D was Up.

IMO, if you really want a great movie experience, especially if you care about clarity of picture, Digital Projection > 3D.. It is basically going into a theater and watching a blu-ray on a giant HDTV.

And I'm not saying Thor was horrible, my expectations were just that much higher. The scenes in Asgard were awesome, but the ones in New Mexico really didn't resonate with me. Thor's story arc was solid, but I just didn't buy into the love story.

I thought the love story was handle pretty good, especially since they only had about an hour to build it.  It wasn't too corny/silly and there really wasn't a "happy ending" so I was fine with it.  It would've been nice though if they maybe added another 20 minutes to the film and added scenes involving Thor and Lady Sif having some chemistry though.

Just caught this flick this past week. I thought it was pretty good. Way better than I thought it would be. The bastard who played Loki was a real creep. Perfect for that role. Dennings was killing it too. Real solid flick. I give it a 8.5/10

Just caught this flick this past week. I thought it was pretty good. Way better than I thought it would be. The bastard who played Loki was a real creep. Perfect for that role. Dennings was killing it too. Real solid flick. I give it a 8.5/10

Anybody else think Hawkeye, next year, will be the new War Machine/Deadpool as far as hype goes?
laugh.gif

Anybody else think Hawkeye, next year, will be the new War Machine/Deadpool as far as hype goes?
laugh.gif

Finally saw this yesterday. It was alright. I'm looking forward to Capt. America more. Let's see how they tie in Thor to The Avengers movie.

Finally saw this yesterday. It was alright. I'm looking forward to Capt. America more. Let's see how they tie in Thor to The Avengers movie.

Finally saw this flick yesterday, been wanting to see it since it dropped but things always came in the way or never was able to make showtimes.

It was very good for a Marvel movie.  I don't go in there expecting Oscar performances, just eye candy from comic characters I grew up reading about and now seeing them come to life.

It was well made.  Some were telling me the love story was cheesy, but I didn't think so since it wasn't the focus of the movie.  The fall (banishment) and rise of Thor was explained well, which was the purpose of this movie, it was an Origins flick.  Kat Dennings wasn't as annoying as I thought she was going to be going into the flick.

No, most casual moviegoers wouldn't even know that was Hawkeye.  Plus, his role was so small, that when they do introduce him as Hawkeye in the Avengers movie, people will be
eek.gif
, he's the guy with the bow and arrow that came out in Thor.  I like how they threw him in there without taking the focus away from Thor.

Overall, I was impressed, and the imagery of Asgard was well put together by Marvel.

There were little things you can nitpick (ex- When Thor got banished in the comic books he had no recollection of his god like abilities, also would of preferred his original sleeveless appearance however the modern sleeved appearance worked well in the film.) but overall, well done.

Finally saw this flick yesterday, been wanting to see it since it dropped but things always came in the way or never was able to make showtimes.

It was very good for a Marvel movie.  I don't go in there expecting Oscar performances, just eye candy from comic characters I grew up reading about and now seeing them come to life.

It was well made.  Some were telling me the love story was cheesy, but I didn't think so since it wasn't the focus of the movie.  The fall (banishment) and rise of Thor was explained well, which was the purpose of this movie, it was an Origins flick.  Kat Dennings wasn't as annoying as I thought she was going to be going into the flick.

No, most casual moviegoers wouldn't even know that was Hawkeye.  Plus, his role was so small, that when they do introduce him as Hawkeye in the Avengers movie, people will be
eek.gif
, he's the guy with the bow and arrow that came out in Thor.  I like how they threw him in there without taking the focus away from Thor.

Overall, I was impressed, and the imagery of Asgard was well put together by Marvel.

There were little things you can nitpick (ex- When Thor got banished in the comic books he had no recollection of his god like abilities, also would of preferred his original sleeveless appearance however the modern sleeved appearance worked well in the film.) but overall, well done.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Here's some of the concept pics of Thor and Mjolnir.  Overall, I'm really happy they went with the look they went with.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Here's some of the concept pics of Thor and Mjolnir.  Overall, I'm really happy they went with the look they went with.

Back
Top Bottom